New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Igame Key Chip on a Machine with Enhanced Memory 2 Board  (Read 2414 times)

Offline cuda

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • cuda New User barely matters.cuda New User barely matters.
Igame Key Chip on a Machine with Enhanced Memory 2 Board
« on: August 12, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »
I need help knowing how to key chip an Igame with an enhanced board with a memory 2 board.  I tried using a 28 key chip in the SB slot and all I got was all the green and yellow lights lit on the enhanced board, the only light that didn't light was the red light.  And I got nothing to light on the screen.  I thought maybe I had a bad screen so I tried it in the next game and got the exact same thing so I am guessing I am not doing something right as I haven't done this before with this type of memory 2 board.  (Pictured below)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Igame Key Chip on a Machine with Enhanced Memory 2 Board
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:52 PM »
That looks right.  It should boot up to a menu screen where you can clear RAM/EEPROM and key the machine.  I wonder if your keychip is bad since you had the same result on two different MPU boards?

Offline cuda

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »
That looks right.  It should boot up to a menu screen where you can clear RAM/EEPROM and key the machine.  I wonder if your keychip is bad since you had the same result on two different MPU boards?

Anything else I can try or check, I am getting nothing on either monitor on the 2 machines?  They are black and lifeless.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:19 PM »
Just a silly question, but you didn't mention if you get a screen with just a regular boot chip?  If the cabinet is known to be good and the key chip is known to be good, the you must have a bad flash board or an mpu?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cuda

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:24:41 PM »
Just a silly question, but you didn't mention if you get a screen with just a regular boot chip?  If the cabinet is known to be good and the key chip is known to be good, the you must have a bad flash board or an mpu?

I don't get a screen with a regular boot chip, I tried a 40 in it and got nothing.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 10:15:31 AM »
If you are getting no screen with a regular boot chip. There's something wrong with the monitor or the mpu board or flash board.  You have a boot 40?  I didn't know that existed.  Did you try a boot 36?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline cuda

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »
If you are getting no screen with a regular boot chip. There's something wrong with the monitor or the mpu board or flash board.  You have a boot 40?  I didn't know that existed.  Did you try a boot 36?

No I don't have a boot 36

I have a 22, 28 and a 40

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
Those sound like key chips, not boot chips.

Offline cuda

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »
Those sound like key chips, not boot chips.

Well there we have it.  I was 99.9% sure it was user error and yes it is.  Yes those are key chips and I have no idea what a boot chip is so I am pretty sure I don't have one and there lies my issue.

Can you tell me what boot chip i need and where I can get one? :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
I use GKB000036 for everything I have.  Here's the photo of one.  I am sure one of our sponsors will offer you one if you ask.  They are fairly common chips.  But in any case, you should be able to get a the clear screen with Key 28 (which is the right one to use for flash 044 boards).  If you are not getting anything, you may have a monitor issue.  Do you have a known working cabinet, or is this one the only one?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »
One more thing, does your 044 board have the green Varta battery under the flash board?  If the battery is bad, the board will not boot.  I ran into that issue before.  Had to replace the varta battery.  Or if you don't ever plan on using international software, you can just remove it and the associated IC's. There's a thread here on how to remove the Varta battery from 044 boards.

Offline cuda

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
I use GKB000036 for everything I have.  Here's the photo of one.  I am sure one of our sponsors will offer you one if you ask.  They are fairly common chips.  But in any case, you should be able to get a the clear screen with Key 28 (which is the right one to use for flash 044 boards).  If you are not getting anything, you may have a monitor issue.  Do you have a known working cabinet, or is this one the only one?

I found out after you said that and showed me a picture that I do indeed have one of those chips.

I was also told today that this board is supposed to have a base chip in it?????  Chuck told me that all have the same base chip, I assume he is right, what is the base chip that goes in them?  I wondered if I might have those as well, but they didn't come in the machines so it would be a miracle if I was sitting on some since I have never had an igame with these type boards before.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 07:49:06 PM »
There's no base chip on these.  Only the boot chip.  What was the base in older igames, is now part of the flash.  The only think that you can use on 044 boards is a key chip to clear and key and the boot chip to run the game normally.  Did you look under the flash board to see if you have a varta battery there?  If it is fully discharged, or bad, the game will never boot.  If you don't and still have nothing on the screen, I would suspect there might be something wrong with the monitor?

Offline cuda

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 07:22:18 PM »
There's no base chip on these.  Only the boot chip.  What was the base in older igames, is now part of the flash.  The only think that you can use on 044 boards is a key chip to clear and key and the boot chip to run the game normally.  Did you look under the flash board to see if you have a varta battery there?  If it is fully discharged, or bad, the game will never boot.  If you don't and still have nothing on the screen, I would suspect there might be something wrong with the monitor?

Rick,

I replaced the varta battery so it has a new battery, tried by boot 34 chip and nothing.  Without the boot chip in I get all lights lit on the board and the red light is flashing.  What does this tell you?

I am in the process of getting a boot 36 chip to see if that makes a difference.  Did you say I need to use a clear chip on this board or just use the boot 36 chip?

Thanks for your help!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »
a boot34 should have worked.  Not much different than a boot 36.  Did you install the flash board back in the right direction?  Also make sure the notch on the boot chip faces the notch in the socket.   A Red light flashing means the board did not post, meaning it didn't boot to the point of starting to verify the software.  If you are getting nothing with a key chip either, you may have a bad mpu board.  Do you know anybody close by you could try your board on a known working cabinet?  You may want to consider doing the varta battery removal "hack" that is posted on this board.  It involves removing that battery and clipping two components.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal