New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 742A  (Read 4790 times)

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally 742A
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »
Gary,

I went to the facebook page several times and can not figure out where to find the manuals. David thank you for the link..

Any ideas on the troubles I still have, should I move the trip switch bracket forward or backwards ? which way does what ? does forward quicken the trip or lengthen it ? Also no bell when winner or jackpot paid, all wires look to be intact, last thing when coins are payed out it seems that the last coin always gets hung up in the chute and later falls out after several pulls, should I oil the chute or ??? thanks

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 05:03:58 PM »
Move the L bracket to the front 1/16 see what happens.
Intermittent bell rings may be caused by dirty contacts under the bell cover.
Other possibilities would be the jackpot relay and or the wiper contacts behind the reels may be dirty.
Clean the coin shute, especially the side the coin rides on.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 05:31:30 PM »
Sorry about the Facebook page. I thought the manual was easier to find. I'll have to call Jon and ask him where it is. Take a picture of your hopper so we can see what one you have. Also you might want to give us a picture of the right side of your reels assembly. Could be your L adjustment or the length of the spring rod. I've seen those moved a lot.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »
Ok, I removed the cap for the coin chute and found that it was rusty in there ( good call ) after cleaning the rust out the coins now come out perfectly with no coins being hung up inside. After several adjustments to the trip L bracket I have it where it feels right, no handle freeze up, runs good...

And after manually landing on a 12.50 jackpot the bell started ringing and did so until all 50 coins were paid out and then quit, perfectly, I changed the bulb in the winner paid light and that now works, I think I can say that this one is fixed, runs good and I think I am done with it, many, many thanks to everyone, especially Gary & David, I have now fixed my first machine, a simple one compared to my next project, but a great learning project....

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 08:03:41 PM »
Happy to hear everything is working perfectly.
Post a photo of the machine when you can.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 08:39:48 PM »
Glad to help. I just dragged home two new projects my self today. A PE+ Video Poker and a Bally E-2000 series. They do multiple...  :nerd:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 02:58:39 AM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7OIdMyIjQuMbkhRZVRhLTVoTGM/view?usp=drivesdk

It has been quite a while since I brought it to the top of my Facebook page it is back on top again and here is a link to it sorry I didn't notice the question earlier or I would have updated it

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 06:45:55 AM »
Thanks once again to everyone, I am still working on cleaning up the outside of the machine, need to replace the candle light and topper, will post photos next week when I am done.... thanks again

Dave

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 08:07:40 PM »
Got this thing looking somewhat decent, the topper is Ok, had a water slide decal made and made a new piece of Plexiglas, decal was hard to apply with out clear edges over lapping and you can see the edges of the clear printed area when the light is on or off. I am going to have a full decal sheet printed with the proper color of yellow and so that the clear goes edge to edge so there will be no more visible clear lines...

Has anyone else tried to remake a Plexiglas topper ? what did you use and how did it turn out...

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »
Remade a top glass for a Tic Tac Toe machine.
Did the artwork in CorelDraw, but any drawing program will work.
Printed it in reverse on clear Avery label 8.5x11, cut to shape and applied it to plexiglass.
Then backed it up with translucent White Sign Vinyl.

Also remade the reel glass, but its a timely process that requires a vinyl cutting machine, spray paint and printing.

Photos showing Glass lighted, Dark and Original.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
You did an incredible job, it looks great, I had not thought of that, did you use a color lazer printer or have someone print it for you ?

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 11:29:12 AM »
Canon Ink Jet printer.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 03:58:08 PM »
How did you find one that will print white on a clear sheet ? that does not cost $2000-3000 ?

Dave

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
The white was added to the back as the final step.
Translucent white vinyl used for making signs.
If you are close to a sign supply or sign shop, most likely they will sell you a piece.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal