New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How do I use a KEY Chip?  (Read 3728 times)

Offline Do-It-Yourself

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Do-It-Yourself New User has no influence.
  • NLG
How do I use a KEY Chip?
« on: October 08, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
Hi.  I have an IGT bar top video machine with several games loaded, but many more not loaded, so I'd like to reset the selections.  I've attached a pic of my MPU and I am not 100% positive what it is, but let me give the facts.  First, I'm not afraid to get my hands into this because I've been tearing down and rebuilding computers for 30 years.  After opening this IGT I recognized things that I have not seen since the 90s, some was familiar, but a lot more wasn't.  Here's the scoop:
The mechanic for the bar that I came out of told me that it is "Game King 4.0"
MPU has raised lettering, 75703508.  A sticker is attached with 75703508 REV A 0297.
Base Chip = M0000526
GME Chips = G0002214
PLX Chips = C000351
CG chip = C000351
Originally a CRT, but upgraded by the bar it came from in 2013 to a 13" LCD Monitor.
I have pictures of the Game King Version Display and of the MPU.

Question: To reset the games, what kind of board is this (3502 ?, 3508 ?, or 3802?), what KEY would be appropriate, and what are the instructions for DIY?

Offline Do-It-Yourself

• NLG
Re: How do I use a KEY Chip?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »
Correction: "The bar that IT came out of," not the "bar that I came out of."  Ha. 

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
It's an old MPU board, 3508 is probably correct, it's not a 3802 as those had connectors for a sound card which yours lacks. 

It doesn't really matter though, you have GK4.0 as you were told and you need KEY 17 to change the games/paytables.  You have to clear all the credits on the machine first. Then  remove the base chip, install Key chip.  Power up the machine.  Two LEDs on the MPU board should light.  Turn off the power, remove the Keychip, replace the base chip, turn on the machine, and it should boot up to a keychip menu that will allow you to change denominations, games etc.  You can have 12 games per denomination. 

Offline Do-It-Yourself

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 02:41:36 PM »
Hey, thanks for the info.  It seems straightforward from the way that you described it.  I have read where some take a KEY 17, 22, or 40, so I was not sure which one mine was.   You mentioned a sound card socket.  This has a speaker on the front of it but no speaker wires were connected.  I looked for speaker wires to see if any were recognizable, but I did not find any.  On old computers you get basic computer sounds, usually beeps or buzzes, and a sound card was installed for more sounds like music.  Is it the same here and should I be able to find speaker wires for the attached speaker?

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
Yes, there should be wires somewhere nearby that connect to the speaker and you'll get basic sounds from it without a sound board.  What type of machine is it? 

Offline Do-It-Yourself

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »
It is a bar top, Game King 4.0, Multi Game, Multi Denomination, LCD monitor--like what I described in the initial post.  But if there is a type other than that description, then I don't know what you mean.

Online Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
Doh!  You said what it was in the first post and I missed it somehow  :banghead: .   If you had an upright I could help you determine what wires belong on the speaker, but I don't have a bartop or any documentation on bartop machines either.  Hopefully someone who does have one will read this and help you figure the speaker wiring out.

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »
the arrow points to where the speaker should be

Offline Do-It-Yourself

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »
Hi, thanks.  Hey, I like your unit.  I'm planing to build a cabinet with wheels for mine.  However, knowing where the speaker is was not my problem.  It is the speaker wires that I was looking for. 
Bar tops are notorious for filth inside, so I've got it pretty clean now and can tell the wire colors which were all gummed up with years of spilled beverages, greasy film, smoking, etc.   BUT,,,. I still cannot find two wires for the speaker.  Do you know what color code the speaker wires are?  It will make them easier to find.  I'm supposing it is bundled in the group on the left that comes up closest to the speaker itself.  BTW, do you know where the speaker wires connect to the Board?  Maybe I can trace it from there.  The speaker itself has two posts without solder, so my assumption is that the wires I am looking for have terminal posts that slip on the speaker posts.   :thank_you:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
In my cabinet the speaker wires are White/green stripe, and Green/White Stripe, and yes the have terminal posts that slip into the speaker posts.  They trace to J2 on the backplane.  My machine is 044, but I'm pretty sure the 3902 version also connects to J2.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal