New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No diagrams for Bally 1096  (Read 11825 times)

Offline lltvdoug

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • lltvdoug New User has no influence.
  • NLG
No diagrams for Bally 1096
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:10:32 PM »
I'm new to the the world of EM slots & to this forum so please advise me if I'm doing something wrong. I have a Bally 1096-89. I can't find wiring diagrams or switch location info specific to the 1096. The manuals I've read explain in detail the operation & repair of many models but not the 1096. IE: Check coin switch adjustment. How do i locate that switch? Please advise. Skol Vikes (next year).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:53:39 AM by lltvdoug »

Offline coincard

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • coincard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: No diagrams for Bally 1096
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 09:43:05 AM »
is the 1096 a dollar machine ? if so it should be similar to the 1090, the coin switch you are referring to do you mean the coin in switch ? which is the little wire switch that the coin hits when it exits the coin mechanism and is located in the middle of the door....

Dave

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »
Thanks Dave for the fast reply. It takes tokens about the size of a silver dollar (does that make it a 1090?) . Token just drops straight through. There is a solenoid in the upper right (behind glass) that buzzes each time I move the wire on that coin switch. The "coin accepted" light does not come on. If photos of any part of the machine will help, I will send them.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:02:11 AM »
You can use a standard Bally EM manual to trouble shoot your machine. You will need to pull out the reels and clean and inspect the lower set of switches. That's the coin switch/relay. You will also need the clean the beau plugs that connect the reels and hopper to the cabinet wiring. The contacts are silver and silver plated, so don't sand them.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 03:08:26 PM »
Gary is right, follow his lead, some pictures of what is buzzing might be helpful as well....

Dave

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »
Reel assembly won't slide out. Moved the 2 locking levers forward and pulled as hard as I dared. What's holding it? I was able to get the hopper out ok. I will be posting pics.

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 04:46:01 PM »
make sure the handle is not interferring with it - cycle the machine by holding the "dog" (pin protruding up from top of handle gear box) - if you move the handle back and forth you will see that "dog" move - just hold it forward and pull the handle. If the reel cycles then handle not problem.
If still unable to remove the mechanism - you need 2 screw drives wedge into front of mechanism and tray and gently pry forward. 

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 07:31:02 PM »
If the handle is not interfering with it, it could be that the beau plugs are all corroded up and that is where it is sticking, I had one that I almost pulled the machine over trying to get it out it was so corroded, but it did come out. Just a thought...

Dave

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »
Got it with the screwdrivers. I agree it was the plugs. The contacts have a milky looking corrosion. What's the best way to clean them and the female plug in the machine? Are these the silver plated ones? Also how to clean the switch contacts.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
I use a brass fine wire brush on the male plugs and rolled up 400 grit sandpaper on the female ends, but there are far better ways to do it, I am sure that some of the guys with more experience will chip in with some good ideas....

Dave

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »
Here's a pic of the 1096

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 08:55:13 PM »
actually it is a 1090 - 3 coin game - 1096 is a 5 coin -  wire diagram for the 1090 will work

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »
I use a brass fine wire brush on the male plugs and rolled up 400 grit sandpaper on the female ends, but there are far better ways to do it, I am sure that some of the guys with more experience will chip in with some good ideas....

Dave

I agree with Dave. Use the soft brass wire brush or a green scotch bright pad. The 400 grit wet dry sandpaper will work on the female plugs. I like to spray mine with WD-40 before and after cleaning both plugs. Make sure to wipe up any access. You will be surprised how easy the reels and hopper will come out after cleaning.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 07:49:49 PM »
I cleaned reel assembly & hopper. It worked for about 15 plays. Coin accepted light is on. Winner paid light is on. Seems like the hopper should be moving but it doesn't. I also noticed the agitator is gummy like clay. Could it have gotten hot enough to melt it? Are there just the 2 door switches to bypass to operate with the door open? Maybe then I could observe the hopper motor. Thank you again for your help. I do appreciate it.

BTW, I did make a donation on 12/18/17.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »
Photo of front when it locked up.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 08:50:06 PM »
I cleaned reel assembly & hopper...... I also noticed the agitator is gummy like clay. Could it have gotten hot enough to melt it?
.....BTW, I did make a donation on 12/18/17.

I think the hopper's rubber agitator can deteriorate over the decades and get really soft and gummy. There are replacements available for most hoppers. I don't think your machine got hot enough to melt it, although I suppose it could have been stored in an enclosed metal building in the desert for a while. It can get over 115 degrees outdoors in that part of the USA, so inside a metal building who knows how hot it can get. I don't know about your machine but many models have a selftest step that will cause the hopper to eject 10 coins for testing purposes.

Thank you for the donation to NLG, we'll see if someone on the staff can change your "badge" to reflect that. That will mean you have unlimited private messages on NLG and unlimited downloads from the NLG library.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:06 PM »
That's normal for the hopper star. They can be bought on EBay or at Klar on the home page. Your going to find a air cylinder on the right side of the reels. It's white or beige in color. Inside is a cup seal that will be as bad as the hopper star. Remove the air cylinders 4 screws and E-Clip and pin to remove the assembly. I clean the inside with rubbing alcohol, then just apply a very thin layer of grease in the piston and reassemble. You sound like you still have cleaning to do to contacts. Sometimes just cleaning them once doesn't do the job. Best was to know if the contacts are working is to test them with a multi-meter to check the connection. Take your time you will get it working.
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »
Making a little more sense. Works fine until payout then locks up with a constant buzzing sound from upper cabinet bell. Unplugged it, no help.

Offline coincard

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 07:18:22 PM »
That coil is burnt to a crisp, you can even see some burn on the nylon shaft, show us some pictures of the coils in the upper cabinet, also check the break on the hopper motor and see if it is free or still engaged which will not let the hopper run...

Dave

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
I thought the gong chime was only used for coin in sounds? If someone install a gong where a bell should be, that would explain the fried coil..
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal