New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King - Bet one does not work  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Game King - Bet one does not work
« on: February 13, 2014, 03:59:44 PM »
I have been messing around with this machine for a few hours .. I'm tired which is making me to lazy to go read the manual .. So now I will ask all of you for some help.

I have changed the CPU board .. I/O boards.

In I/O test the button does light up. During game play the button does not light up.

Replaced switch with know working switch.

??

OhioGaming

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

If you have your machine set to like $5.00 per credit and you only have $4.00 credits on machine, bet one button will not light up, feed it some more money and see if it will work.

Buzz

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 06:14:28 PM »

It is a multi-denom set for 2, 5 and 10 cent and I put a hundred dollar bill in it.

OhioGaming

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »

Is there still a chance it could be in the wiring.  In the test don't you have the door open? and then when you close it its inop.
Railroad94

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »

Game plays as it should with the door open or closed and the bet one does not light up or nor can it be used to bet one. Bulb and switch is good.

When I go into the I/O testing the door is open and the bulb does light.

I did not un-bundle the wiring harness and look at the wiring.

OhioGaming

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »

In test you said the light worked, so wiring must be OK, replaced MPU, slight chance two of them bad, replaced bet one switch, are you 100% sure the wires were put back on the right terminals? Any chance someone switched the wires from the change ( service ) button to bet one button? I think the wires are long enough and the light doesn't come on untill button is pressed. I guess if you press service button and candel lights up I'm on wrong track.  How do you get the machine to play with the door open, bypass door optics?

Buzz

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:45:48 PM »

Everything I have changed is know working parts and when placed back in the original machine they came out of they operate correctly.

The wiring to each button is correct and I know that the power to bulb at least works. Candle light works when service button is pressed. Each individual light comes on for each I/O test which is also another verification that the button is wired correctly. Each button plays as it should.

Pull out the cherry switch and the machine will operate as if the door was closed.

The game is a 20 line game. So it will not let me bet one credit .. or even two or three or more. As far as I can tell there is something keeping it from allowing the bet one button to become active. I can use the touch screen to bet one without any problems.
OhioGaming

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:50:51 PM »

Very strange, can't wait to see what it is.?  Scratch Head

How about disconnecting the max bet switch. The only thing I can think that would hold out the bet one would be the max bet.
Of course I have absolutely no Game King experience.  no

Uniman

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 10:19:01 PM »

Wait a minute...
you said it works during tests...
Is it possible that the multi-denomination or "Bet Credits" need to be set or enabled with a SET/KEY chip?

But the bloody thing works via touchscreen...I don't get it arrow

stayouttadabunker

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »

Sorry for the confusion ..

The bet one button does light up during the I/O testing .. so the bulb is good. The switch can not be tested during the I/O test. The micro switch was switched with a know working one and I know when the button is pressed that it is depressing the switch.

When the game is in play mode, the bet one does not light up nor does it add a credit to play a line. All other buttons work as they should. The touch screen works as it should.

OhioGaming

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 11:10:52 PM »

It HAS to be in that line on the switch because the switch is known good.
However, the wire itself is not "known" good.
You have no choice but at the very least - check for continuity on that line from the switch to the plug going into the MPU.
Check the ground wire first...I'll betcha that's where it is... yes
You don't have to take the harness apart, all you need is the colors...

stayouttadabunker

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »

Thanks Mark .. but I have color deficiency !! and I think that is what I will have to do also.

OhioGaming

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »

Mark it lights up in test mode

Buzz

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 12:40:57 AM »

Quote from: OhioGaming on October 03, 2009, 10:39:33 PMSorry for the confusion ..

The bet one button does light up during the I/O testing .. so the bulb is good. The switch can not be tested during the I/O test. The micro switch was switched with a know working one and I know when the button is pressed that it is depressing the switch.

When the game is in play mode, the bet one does not light up nor does it add a credit to play a line. All other buttons work as they should. The touch screen works as it should.

I guess that it's my turn to be confused. Is there no way to test the switch on the input test screen? I would think that even if they reserved the button to move through or exit the menu instead of registering the input, that the performance of that action, or the lack of it, would reveal the condition of the switch circuit. Scratch Head

Buzz, can you use one of your working machines to determine what the bet one switch is supposed to do when the machine is on the input test screen?

StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 02:08:32 AM »

It may be something in the software? What base and game chips are you using, also PXLF and CGF. Is it all eprom, or is it mixed eprom and SIMM? Maybe I have a psr for that setup? Maybe I have that software to try here?

I think if it is working in the I/O tests that means that the switch, wiring, and light bulb are working fine... I think it has to do with some software setting, or denomination, etc?? I think that some games or configs do not support bet one function. Does a bet one icon come up on the screen? If yes, does it work?

Just a thought and attempt to help.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 06:12:01 AM »

Quote from: OhioGaming on October 03, 2009, 10:39:33 PMThe switch can not be tested during the I/O test.
Are you sure your game doesn't have an input test to test the switch?  Mine does.

On mine, here's how I get to the test: Open the door, press the self-test button.  Select "Diagnostics", then "Inputs and Outputs Test", then "Front panel I/O test".  That screen will show all of the buttons (and then some), with zeros for "not pressed" and 1s for "pressed".  See if the Bet One button passes the test.  If it does, swing the door shut but keep the latch up (so the game doesn't see the door closing), then try the button again.  If it's still working, chances are it's a software issue.  (I had a weird issue on my PE+ that the "change" button would work if the door was open, but as it swung shut the wire got pinched and the button would stop working.)

What game are you running in there?

The fact that the light isn't coming on when you've established that it does indeed work points more to a software issue, but it would be nice to rule out the hardware issue (the switch) via the input test if you can.

knagl

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 07:18:18 AM »

I have not gone back to look at the machine yet can answer some of the questions.

It uses both eprom and simm. The game is Spin Poker.

It was first set up for 5 cent denom and did not work. So I did a clear and during the set up I decided to change it out to multi denom.

The bet one does work with the touch screen.

I tried the door opening and closing and 20 places between open and closed to see if it was a wire being pinched at the door hinge but it did not make a difference.

When I was using the I/O test there was ICONS for the buttons and when activated it would light up the bulbs in those buttons .. I didn't even think about testing the button in the 0 and 1 screen. So that will be my first attempt this morning.

The game is Spin Poker.

UPDATE .. the switch does work in the I/O tests. Thanks knagl for pointing something out that I overlooked since I just blew by the 1/0 screen and went right to the bulb screen.

Software issue?

UPDATE AGAIN .. K+ for all that have responded with help and ideals.

LAST UPDATE .. I am going to assume that the software is causing the problem and let it go at that. Thanks again to everyone who posted.

OhioGaming

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »

FYI ..

The game was in a single row Game King button deck and the game uses a double button row deck like the I Game Plus.

Thanks again for everyone thinking about what the cause could have been. Lesson learned.

Thanks,
Ken
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »

So,
The double button row deck like the I Game Plus
is what was needed  to make the "Bet One Credit" button work?

stayouttadabunker

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »

On the I Game Plus the bet one is not needed since they are a multi line games with multi credits played per line. Since it was a type of poker game (20 Lines 5 Coin bet per line) in a Game King cabinet I just didn't think about it. Just call me SLOT-TARDED on this one since it took me about 10 hours for the light up stairs to come on and figure this out.

And once again thanks to all who replied.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal