New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 3902 vs. 044  (Read 6842 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
3902 vs. 044
« on: February 15, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »
I am just starting to look at the idea of an additional machine. I have a reel (IDOJ) and reel/video hybred (Ms. LGM). I am starting to dream about a video machine.

The 044 machines are the current state of the art machines and should have plenty of parts and software available for the forseeable future.

The 3902 machines currently have the games I like the best.

I know that you can get a 3902 piggyback board (daughter board ??) that attaches to the 044 machines.

A friend wrote me and said: " There are many 044's that I love to play over the the 3902 titles.  However, for someone just starting out on a video slot, I would suggest starting with a 3902 based set up.  What's nice about it is you can easily convert to an 044 later "

What do you think about these machines?

- Dorothy

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »

I like my 044 alot,has MUCH nicer graphics and sound.Its the best of both worlds also,you can use the adapter and play I/I+ titles too.

Some drawbacks...
Conversion kit and game flash boards are pricey.
Very static sensitive.
Need digital monitor.

laneman

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »

Dorothy,

First it may be helpful to read the other thread going on about "Experience with 3904 adapter in 044"

I have been asking myself and a few others the same question and it pretty much comes down to what you want, what you like, and what you can afford. There are pros and cons to both but here is what I have been sold on and what I have decided to do.

The 044 and the 3902 are basically the same machine. Only the boards, software, and some other minor things are different, otherwise they are both IGT IGames. Same cabinet, same monitors, same DBV, same power supplies, same, same, same. Parts and 3902 software are easily obtained from some of the vendors at the top of the main page and
are readily available for these machines so dont worry about that.

If you like the 3902 games, which you stated you do then go with a dedicated machine to swap those games in and out of for now. With a dedicated 3902 machine you will be able use both single and multidenomination software without any trouble. If you decide to go with one machine for both 3902 and 044 using the "piggyback" setup you have to use US chips meaning single denom. International chips have the multidenomination options and dont play well with the adapter. Again read the other thread.

The 044 games like you stated are the newest thing out there. Yes there are some great games for that platform if you can find them. Since its newer the 044 software I believe is a little harder to find right now but ask around for yourself.  Im sure that in time 044 machines and software will be a bit more easy to find, Im not a vendor so I dont know for sure, but thats my take on things.

My suggestion to you and anyone else looking into this is to get two machines. One with a 3902 setup and another with the 044 setup.  I know its an expensive route to take but after doing my research its the best solution for me. Might be for you too.

Jay
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 07:18:31 PM »

Need digital monitor.

This has been stated numerous tiimes on this forum, and it is FALSE. I have an 044 and it has a 19 pin analog CRT monitor and looks and plays fine. I received the machine with Carnival of Mystery in it and have been recently been playing Coyote Moon in it with no hiccups or problems. I am sure you will get the clearest and sharpest picture from a digital monitor, but an analog monitor DOES work with the 044 platform. Here is a pic when it had C-O-M in it.

Dan (tacman)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 3902 vs. 044
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:20:49 PM »

Thanks Tacman for correcting my error.

My 044 was always digital,I was going by what others have said that it cant be analog.

laneman
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »

Me, too! I bought a Shake your Booty machine about 6 months ago and it has a 19 pin analog monitor in it as well. No problem with it whatsoever.

cruisepl

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »

Not that it won't work, but when the 044 upgrades came out IGT supplied the I+ kit with a 25 Pin Digital Monitor, there are some issues with certain screens that the image is not as good, can you tell with just one of the games, NO, put a new digital and a new analog side by side, probably not much, put a used analog and used digital side by side, YES, and LCD beside either HELL YES, bottom line it will work, but then you may say, I don't think 044 is better than 3902 stuff, personally you can buy 19 pin and 25 pin LCD's and eliminate the problem, anyway, here is something about it I found on a search just to cover my arse, I mean opinion

In the pics you can see the Kitty Glitter is on a LCD and the image is to the edge, on the Party Amimals the image is not using the whole CRT area, no big deal, but is different, I do believe that was a Analog Monitor, but not 100% sure, but is for reference, no hate mail accepted or wanted Smiley

Connections
# Monitors based on cathode ray tube technology (CRT) exclusively used analog connections. CRT technology dates to the first television. An analog monitor connects to the computer graphics card through a video graphics array (VGA) cable. Liquid crystal displays (LCD) and flat-panel monitors traditionally include both analog and the superior digital connections.
Signal Transmission
# A graphics card connected to a CRT monitor sends a digital signal through a VGA cable, which converts the signal to analog. Analog monitors then convert the signal into an image. A digital visual interface cable (DVI), commonly used with LCD monitors, transmits picture data digitally from computer to the monitor without converting the native signal.
Considerations
# Changing a digital signal to an analog signal degrades the overall image quality. Increases in distortion, changes in color quality and decreased picture crispness occur when using an analog connection. Digital monitors use a video card's native resolution and look sharper because no image quality is lost during transmission. LCD monitors also allow widescreen images. If viewing a widescreen image on a CRT monitor edges of an image will not be visible.

Read more: Digital Vs. Analog Monitor | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7225933_digital-vs_-analog-

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:13:20 PM »
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 06:29:43 AM »

Maybe I should have phrased it as...for best results use a digital monitor.  Smiley

laneman

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:52 AM »

Rob, thanks. I like the game fine, the only drawback is that there is the same bonus game, with 3 parts in it. If you're used to some of the 3902 games like Tabasco or especially South Park, getting a different bonus is a little more entertaining, IMHO.

To Blueridge and laneman, I agree completely that the digital or lcd will give the best picture/graphics. I wish my machine had the 25 pin digital in it. I just want to let members here know that if they have a 19 pin analog I game + that they can still upgrade to the 044 and play/enjoy the games. I still plan to upgrade my machine to an lcd, but prices on the new technology lcd's have pushed these new models into the $625-700 range and that's about half of what I spent on the machine, Thanks Slotsteve!!  yes

If you don't have an I game + yet and are interested in 044, then try to get a machine with the 25 pin digital, if you already have the cabinet and its analog, you can still convert and enjoy the 044 games.

Dan (tacman)

Offline ACE

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • ACE New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:26:41 AM »
Can you just take out the 3902 mpu tray and put the 044 mpu in or is there something that needs to be switched out?
Thank you,

ACE

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:53:46 AM »
No, you need to change the motherboard in the back of the machine as well.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »
And the harnesses connect back into the same locations.

Offline ACE

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • ACE New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 01:11:23 PM »
I see, I didn't realize I needed to change parts other than the tray itself.

I appreciate the info guys.
Thank you,

ACE

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal