New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Conversion to 044 Enhanced Machine  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Game King Conversion to 044 Enhanced Machine
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
I need some expert advice from the great NLG members; I would like to upgrade my current Game King machine to a 044 enhanced machine. 
I'm unsure if my LCD monitor will work. I have a Nortek model number KTL170S-16.
I have been advised by one of the great NLG members that I will need a Legacy adaptor board, backplane board, 044 board in a tray and a flashed game board to complete the conversion.
Maybe I should buy a 044 enhanced machine!
I'm not sure! 
Any suggestions, comments or advice on what I should do will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Freebird4

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

My understanding is that it should work no problem since your machine has an LCD.  To convert your machine you will need the 044 backplane (remove your 3902 motherboard and replace), an 044 main board, and of course an 044 daughter board (flash) with the game of your choice on it.

Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:32:57 PM »

Note that with the Legacy daughter board you will only be able to run US versions of 3902 software.

Bettor Slots

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 06:58:24 PM »

Richard  Here again I might be wrong, but seems to me Eric ( Forrhouse ) did this conversion and he told me never again. You might want to send him a PM and ask. 
Buzz

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 07:20:02 PM »

That's interesting to hear.  I would be curious as to why.  Conversion takes about 15 minutes or less.  Hardest part is changing out the motherboard as it's s tough reach and takes a steady hand getting to all the screws.  Reconnecting all the harnesses is easy since they are all numbered and you can match them up with what is printed on the motherboard.
Bettor Slots

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »

Mine was easy to convert also.I have a extra kit that I may sell if you are interested.
laneman
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 09:33:58 PM »

In all seriousness, the conversion is not too bad at all. Worst part is getting in there to change the motherboard/backplane.... Just put a flashlight in there so that you have enough light and it will be a piece of cake. (Use a led light or flashlight, and make sure that machine is unplugged... You do not want to use the light behind the cash can as a burn is inevitable! hot hot hot ) The 044 MPU board and tray slide right in like a 3902 does. You can start out with a legacy memory adapter board that uses 3902 game sets, and later change to the flash board that has the games programmed into them. Also be very static cautious as these guys are VERY sensitive to static shock! lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt

CH CaptainHappy

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 05:59:40 AM »

The conversion is very easy.  Swapping out the backplane is easier if you remove it with the mounting plate.  Only 4 screws in the corners for that.  Then swap out the backplane onto the mounting plate. 

If you have international 3902 games and want to run them on a legacy adapter then get an international MPU board  (it has the green battery on it).
idesign

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »

I wanted to post a few pictures of my 044 conversion.

Thanks to all the NLG members that helped!  Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Freebird4

Offline ACE

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • ACE New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Game King Conversion to 044 Enhanced Machine
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »
Hello,

I am also looking into convert my 3902 to an 044. Just so I'm clear, the motherboard for the 044 is"7590880"? I have an I-Game Round Top, this would replace the 960 Stepper?Video motherboard "7590530" that is currently in it. Any advise would be great?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:21:07 PM by shortrackskater »
Thank you,

ACE

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »
Here's a link to an old topic with photos of the 044 Motherboard, MPU board, and game software boards.  That motherboard part number matches one of the ones on a sticker in the photo.  It's commonly just referred to as an 044 motherboard and will have "Game King Deluxe Motherboard" printed on the top right side of the board.  Hope that helps.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=880.msg3989#msg3989

Offline ACE

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
That was very well done, thank you for that link. I believe a 28 Chip works best for the 044 games, yes? Plus, do all 044 games come with their own separate flash board and boot chip or is the flash board universal similar to the 3902 games?
Thank you,

ACE

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
Key 28 is required for 044 games on a flash memory board.  Key 40 is used for most 3902 games installed on the Legacy Adapter Board.  The boot chip/game software should be installed on the flash memory board when you purchase it.  One game title per flash board, but some game titles have several different games to choose from.  Super-star is pretty popular because it includes a variety of single and multi-hand poker games, full versions of Wolf Run and Coyote Moon I-game software, and some Keno games as well.

Offline ACE

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »
Looking to get the Game King 6.4. The Super Star Poker is intriguing as well. I've had some offers for the upgrade package but its a little out of my price range right now.

Thank you for these very helpful clarifications.
Thank you,

ACE

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 06:40:22 PM »
Yeah, it can still be a bit pricey upgrading from 3902 to 044.  It's cheaper than it was a few years ago though.  Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Offline ACE

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 08:53:14 PM »
Ya thank you, I appreciate it.
Thank you,

ACE

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal