New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No "Bet One" button on my I-game/GK 5.3  (Read 1488 times)

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
No "Bet One" button on my I-game/GK 5.3
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
I'm new, so forgive the question...

I have an I-game with a 3902 board running a Game King setup (5.3).  The I-game has two rows of buttons.  There is no "bet one" button, either on the screen (in the software), or on the cabinet.  The cabinet must have been originally set up for a vitrual reel game because of all of the "bet x lines" buttons.  I'd love to have a "bet one" option for my GK setup.

Does anyone know how to enable this either in the software or in the hardware?

Is it detecting that I don't have "bet one" button during setup, so eliminating it in the software too?

I heard someone say that IGT was doing away with the "bet one"... which would seem silly since the pay tables still show for every bet.

Again, apologies if this has been answered, but I haven't seen it.

Thanks,
Joe

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »

Sounds like the machine was originally an I-Game like Texas Tea, etc. When using GameKing software the 1 LINE button on the top row, first on the left is the BET ONE button. It should light up when the machine is on and the max bet has not been made.
The BET ONE is needed more for keno games than poker.

See if that works for you.
You can get a new button insert that says "bet one" if you wanted to.

uniman
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »

Thanks. 

The "one line" never lights, nor does it ever "bet one" in any game.  The software also doesn't give a "touch screen" option to bet one.  I'll check the inputs & outputs to make sure they're hooked up, and go from there.  Thank you for your quick response.
-joe
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »

You can add a button for Bet 1 to your I-game button deck if you want to.  The wiring for it should be tied up inside the machine where the button would go.  Take out the button cover plate, install the switch, hook up the wiring, and you'll be good to to.  Game King 5.3 does use the Bet 1 button on the deck, but you're right, there isn't as Bet 1 icon on the touchscreen.
Tilt
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

My GameKing is a slant top and was previously an I-Game (Texas Tea). My wiring harness has an extra set of button wires with no place for the button. My bet one button has a yellow with purple strip along with the other wires on the button. The spare wires have a yellow wire with no strip.
So your 1 line button should have the set with the yellow/purple strip wires, I believe.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »

Thanks Joe and Uniman for motivating me to finally install a bet 1 credit on my machine as I've been meaning to do for some time.  Uniman you're right on the wire color (yel/pur) for the switch.  The wires now attached to the switch were just tied to the wiring harness below where the switch would go.  I've attached some pictures.  Notice the I-game doesn't make use of the switch and it's not illuminated.  GK5.3 does, and you can see it illuminated and it works when depressed.  Joe, if this is what you were trying to accomplish let me know.  I have an extra button I'll send you if you PM me your address.

Tilt

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: No "Bet One" button on my I-game/GK 5.3
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
More...

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
Re: No "Bet One" button on my I-game/GK 5.3
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »
Yay!!!!  Thanks so much Tilt!!!  The button you sent me, and the key chip worked great!  It was so kind of you.   Hail
 applause

Here are some pictures of the project:

I found out you need to place the black spacer BEHIND the panel Smiley  (newbie mistake)... see the picture... where I have placed the nickel is where the panel goes.

Also, as you already noted above, the striped yellow and blue-purple wire is one of the buttons, and the black is the other.  This leaves the blue and red for the light switch.  Again, I'm new, and don't know, but assume that if yu have a light bulb, the polarity won't matter, but if you have an led, you will likely need to have the polarity right.

My other lesson learned it that it is really handy to have the input, output menu to see if it is working before the game.  Again, as indicated in other forums, open the door and hit the little white button once.  Go to "Diagnostics" menu then "I/O (inputs and outputs" , then "front panel".  You can clearly see when you have it right when you push the button and it goes from 0 to 1.

Thanks again Tilt (Cliff) for your generosity Clap

You guys are great!

joerak

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal