New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 - Install a FutureLogic GEN1 printer  (Read 18766 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
S2000 - Install a FutureLogic GEN1 printer
« on: February 28, 2014, 04:00:50 PM »

Hello,

I wanted to use a TITO (Ticket In Ticket Out) with my IGT S2000 slot machine, but it had not got any printer, so I had to order one ... obvious

To ensure that printed tickets can then be read by my bill validator,  I had to install a Bettor TITO Deluxe, before. Here is the post on the NewLifeGames forum where you will find all the information.

I had not done the tutorial on installing the Bettor TITO yet, there is nothing fancy, but the setting of the machine is required for the printer, the reader and Bettor TITO ticket will include . The S2000 there is no need to do a RAM Clear, just a Chip Key is required.

This printer will be installed in the top box of my slot in the bottom left.

Moreover, many observers have noticed that this is a 4 reels machine, Super Spin Sizzling 7, transformed into 3 reels.

Go, it's gone, you are getting into the installation ; make sure that you do not have credit on the meter! ! !
Start by opening the door and remove the chrome plate under the glass. Remove the panel by taking down and lifting it up, you can now pull it towards  you.
Unless your glass support plate is provided for receiving a printer, it is necessary to remove the cut where the printer is positioned. This was my case.

To have access to the 2 screws that hold the plate, it’s better to remove the reels.

Take your printer.
The one I ordered is a FutureLogic GEN1 Netplex

When you buy this kind of printer, make sure you have the cable that plugs in the printer, it is not always sold with it.
On one side of the cable there is a FutureLogic connector and on the other side it splits into two connectors:
- 1 Netplex (communication protocol)
- 1 for the power supply

The advantage of taking Netplex devices is the simplicity of connecting and setting.
However, you should have a Netplex distribution board in the Top Box. I am not saying that the installation is not possible if you do not have this card, but you need longer cables to go to the bottom of the machine, near the motherboard or plugs at the bottom left and right of the top box.

Here is the Netplex board, view closer.
The top part is dedicated to the power supplies distribution, the bottom part distributes Netplex protocol. For the two parties, it is obvious that  you must already have a power supply and a Netplex cable plugged into this card ... logic for distributing cable ... some things, there must have something to distribute.

To install the printer, you will also need a Netplex female / female cable.

There are 2 connectors that must be connected to the cable of the printer and the other 2 are connected to the distribution board Netplex.

Start with the distribution board and the plug for the power supply.

Then plug the Netplex.

You can now plug the cable Netplex + supply, connectors from the printer.

If all is all right, you should have this kind of installation :

you can put the support plate glass. I cut with an angle grinder. Nothing complicated because it is hidden by the chrome plate, so even if you rip, it does not show.

Finally, to reassemble the elements: reels, glass and chrome plate. The hardest part was to cut cleanly the chrome plate ;  the slightest missed  would have been seen.

Now, let’s set up the printer to be recognized by the machine.
Use a Chip Key to enter the menu 7.2.2 PRINTER

Next,  menu 7.2.2.1

Then set the parameter on ENABLE, and one second later your printer is recognized, that's the magic of Netplex protocol !

Exit Menu to return to play mode
On the screen, you must read the message "PAPER OUT" indicating that there is no paper.

Install a block of blank ticket IMPORTANT: THE BLACK MARKS UP

Remove the printer from its frame, by taking the print head with one hand and holding the black part with the other hand. With only two hands, I cannot take a picture and make handling in the same time ...

Insert the first ticket in the slit provided for this purpose, it is "suck" and will put on "hold" as shown in the following picture.

Ticket in waiting after the first insertion.

We must now make the first ticket out to stall the rest of the pack, basically the first ticket is lost.
Press the "FEED" blue button and it goes out.

Remove the blank ticket and you will see that the second one will advance alone to be rigged, and will be ready to be printed on demand. You can close the door.

Put credits, then press "CASH OUT" ; you can read "TICKET PRINTING"  with music rattling parts.

Here is “the” ticket. Test it now in the bill validator (WARNING :  only ok if you have a Bettor TITO Deluxe or similar installed on your machine)

You can also set the first two lines of the ticket via the menus on the machine. However, the letter mode selection  is really archaic, calm and  time are requested ( unless you have a Bettor TITO Deluxe because it's in the options ).

That's all !

Bye !

Nurbo

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:25:02 AM by Ron (r273) »
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Joeylc

• Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
  • In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!Joeylc Is a rising star!
  • KG7NLG
    • New Life Games LLC
Re: S2000 - Install a FutureLogic GEN1 printer
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
Very Impressive Post Nurbo +++ Karmas for you  :applause: :applause: :applause:
"Sell one game, two more shall take its place!"
"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
Yes it is impressive that is why it was one of the first few that I moved over from NLG 2.0

FYI there is a Netplex (power dist board) to printer (8 pin in the printer harness) harness to simplify connecting a top box printer.

The picture is from raz410
The bracket is for the FutureLogic Gen2
The black harness is provided by FutureLogic and the IGT harness is the 10 pin male to 8 pin male harness about 8 inches or so.
You plug it into the Power Distribution Board.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:37:57 PM by foster »
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Offline bruno

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bruno New User has no influence.
  • LOVE BALLY & UNIVERSAL
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:10:30 PM »
Nurbo loves to make tutorials.
And it's always a great job.
K+

Offline Merlin

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Merlin New User has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »

Great post... everyone loves pictures!

K+

Offline tquick17

• Reputation Power: 0
  • tquick17 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 04:36:58 PM »
Pictures or it didn’t happen lol. Good read and tutorial love it

Offline stlscott

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • stlscott New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 10:57:49 PM »
Is there a replacement for the FutureLogic GEN1 Netplex used in these instructions?  I see some posts where the G2 does not work or screws don't line up, does anyone have an update that includes a different printer for the S2000?
~ Having fun with in-home Slots since 2023 ~
Contributing Member since January 2024
~~Focused on S2000 Machines~~

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 06:57:01 AM »
If you have the correct bracket, they fit perfectly.  Same for other printers, such as the Ithaca 750, 850, 950.
Note, if you are upgrading to a gen 2 or higher, the bezel light plug needs to be correct,  unless you don't care about the light of course as it's not required to be hooked up.
  No matter what printer, it has to be flashed with an appropriate firmware,  and have the correct harness. 

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline a69mopar

• Global NLG Site Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.a69mopar Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
    • www.gtaslots.com
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 10:58:30 AM »
Just to be clear, the future logic gen 2 printer has 2 sets of holes for mounting. One set lines up perfectly with the gen 1. Here are some pictures of them, and the front bezel lightconnector that is different
The front bezel holes also match.

Thanks,
Wayne

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal