New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Big Tony's Pokerkard  (Read 43900 times)

Offline PokerKard79

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • PokerKard79 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Big Tony's Pokerkard
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 01:54:57 AM »
Thanks for the update BossGP. I'm also going to try this weekend and see if I get the same results. This issue is driving me absolutely nuts!

Hi GoutArtist, love the suggestion. Count me in for the suggested route :)

WRT the touchscreen - its not so much a touchscreen  from what I can tell. The actual screen itself does not appear to have touch capability. It seems there are some minute electronic strips built in to the actual glass above the screen. The strip is in places where a player would normally select something in the game itself. That what I've managed to see so far, I may be off target though

Offline GoutArtist

• Reputation Power: 0
  • GoutArtist New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 06:28:53 AM »
Yeah, I'm guessing it runs off the serial port, is there any way somebody could test it(if you can boot to windows and pull the serial cable and see if the touch screen still works)?

Offline bossgp

• bossgp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 05:11:57 PM »
Hi count me in too,
The touchscreen has never worked for me in Windows XP, I am guessing it only works when the software properly loads,the 37 "monitor looks almost the same as I imported from Taiwan to make virtual pinball cabs, in fact I was thinking about putting it in a pinball cab if I did not get a solution to my Big Tony machine until I found this website and it made me continue on with the project.

Also I am so glad I made a copy of the security dongle as my original got overwritten when I used the software from RevisionX Pokerkard files.
So RevisionX could you do me a favor and make a backup of your dongle too for me to try on my machine please with your software.
Anyway seems we are getting places slowly, thanks and cheers to everyone

Offline GoutArtist

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 10:10:10 PM »
Hi Guys,
I've been looking into the touch screen and found the company that I think created it.
The company name is zytronic, The model number for the touchscreen controller boards (there are 4 of them) zys-s-off-16-a.
I've sent them an email about drivers / newer boards with usb output.
I noticed that the touchscreen interface is the EDAC/ jamma style one rather than the parallel port, and I think trying to get that working would be a nightmare.

Offline RevisionX

• Reputation Power: 2
  • RevisionX New User has no influence.
    • A Modicum of Praise - My Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »
All + BossGP:

The USB files as well as an image of the 1GB device are now up on my website.
http://www.scottcking.com/?p=219

I should have time this weekend to start debugging...will update the page and add more images as I go...

RevisionX

Offline bossgp

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2015, 05:15:23 PM »
Thank you, will give that a try when I recover from a bad cold and flu.
However just for the record, I did a little more testing and the motherboard has a cable from the internal floppy port
to the NOVAMAX T4 REV.3 I/O PCB and a cable from the pci parallel card,
I have removed both of these and get my usual message "critical memory error" so cant be related to the cards, I think seriously the idea that
someone else mentioned about the units connecting to a server seems probable through the 3g router built inside each game.
Now for someone to work on the software modification.

Offline RevisionX

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »
Came down with a cold this weekend too - didn't get around to any trouble shooing.  I'm out of town this week, but will have time next weekend.

RevisionX

Offline GoutArtist

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2015, 09:34:20 AM »
https://youtu.be/XLdGNqCLUS8

An video of my progress trying to create a version of the tony's pokerkard game in Unity. Lots to do, I'm just trying to get the game to flow at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:03:06 AM by GoutArtist »

Offline RevisionX

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2015, 09:47:33 AM »
Hi -

Does anyone know someone that has a fully working PokerKard machine?  I'm curious what the game "should do" from boot to attract mode - hoping someone might be able to upload a video to YouTube or similar.

Thanks!
RevisionX

Offline GoutArtist

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2015, 10:59:10 AM »
Anyone interested in buying some spares? I'm going to sell 1 dongle, 3 pokerkard cards, 4 of the touch screen interface boards and 4 of the pokerkard communication boards. PM me if you are interested.

Offline bossgp

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
https://youtu.be/XLdGNqCLUS8

An video of my progress trying to create a version of the tony's pokerkard game in Unity. Lots to do, I'm just trying to get the game to flow at the moment.

Nice work, been away for 3 weeks in hospital from sickness, I would like to support your effort to get this working in the Big Tony pokerkard machine

Offline GetSlideWays

• GetSlideWays New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 04:51:54 PM »
Hi -

Does anyone know someone that has a fully working PokerKard machine?  I'm curious what the game "should do" from boot to attract mode - hoping someone might be able to upload a video to YouTube or similar.

Thanks!
RevisionX

I am curious about this too.

I keep getting stuck at the "Test Screen"

Two touch sensors are simultaneously lit up green on opposite ends of the table. I am assuming there is a false trigger somewhere but would love to be certain for figure a way to diagnose the culprit.

Great thread BTW!  :1:

Offline GetSlideWays

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »
I moved around, and ultimately unplugged all of the zys-s-off-16-a boards, and the same two sensor were still lit up green. So I am thinking its not the sensors or the screen itself.

I did have to replace the BIOS/CMOS battery as it was dead. I have heard this can mess up the drivers.  Perhaps the driver for the touch screen sensors needs to be reinstalled? If so anyone know how to go about that?

Thank you much!

Offline GetSlideWays

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2015, 11:59:43 AM »
Can someone tell me what they see under device manager on their system?

I have a warning triangle under "other devices" and its labeled as "ethernet controller"

I am just wondering if it is attaching the label because it doesn't know what else to call it. I am wondering if maybe I am having driver issues with the "novamax t4 rev3" board.

I am really stuck and left scratching my head

Offline Spitfiremods

• Spitfiremods New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2015, 01:20:11 PM »
All you guys with the stuck on test screen and two lit up buttons have a simple bios setup problem.  That "floppy" connection on the mainboard is actually a parallel interface.
If you want to get your games working text/call me (267) 424-3564 or email tragor@verizon.net.
As for those of you who are copying onto your security dongle - I highly recommend you do not do that.  Doing so will most often render you into a critical memory error.  If security dongle is wrong that's the message you get.  Basically after the game code loads it will fail with that error if your security dongle has been modified or does not match the software on your drive.
Therefore reloading the hard drive or dongle will in itself render that message on a permanent basis.
I have spent many hours working on these machines and the only thing I have not been able to do yet is reload and relink the system with a dongle.  If anyone has the install/load USB stick I'd love to get a copy.
MOST FAILURES ON THIS MACHINE IS FTOM BIOS BEING LOST AND SIMPLY REQUIRES A NEW BATTERY AND BIOS CONFIG CORRECTLY.  Contact me for that info I have made a PDF to reconfigure and can offer support.

Offline Spitfiremods

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2015, 01:23:43 PM »
The nova board is an 8 port serial interface that also communicates via parallel and jamma.  Rather odd beast but also very basic in design as just a communication interface to read the various devices.

Offline Spitfiremods

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2015, 01:30:29 PM »
Also, about the "touch screen", it is not at all a touch screen as you would think of a touch screen.  It is simply a thick piece of glass (good to hold your beverages) with a series of "buttons" touch sensitive pads under it positioned in the correctly matching Lcd spots where the game asks you to touch.
So it is more comparative to a set of buttons and is technically buttons and not anything like a mouse or touch screen interface.  It's easy to think drivers are issues with this game but that is very rarely (I've never seen it) the case.  As the only way it could be drivers is if you are reloading the game from scratch which I have yet to see done.  Again - if anyone has the original or an update USB dongle I would love to get one so I could break down how this game keys the dongle to the hard drive.  Modifying the dongle at all typically renders the game to fail with a critical memory error.

Offline GetSlideWays

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2015, 08:58:32 PM »
I'll see if I can upload photos later, but it looks like I may have found it after talking with a fellow forum member as well as a family friend who used to work in the game industry. He confirmed that it was an odd bios setting that needed adjustment as he has actually worked on these in the past:

Bios Settings

Legacy A Drive: Default (3.5") Change to "NONE"

Plug and Play: Default: (NO) Change to "YES"

PARALLEL PORT: Default: (ECP) Change to "SPP"

Thats looks to have done it. Now it loads right into the game. Its late so I haven't gone too much further to test everything, but just wanted to share the info so others in the future would have it. Anyone know how to load into the test screen? Now it looks to bypass it. Maybe i have to touch a few of the sensors during startup. Its late so I am done playing around with it for the evening. lol I will try getting into the test screen tomorrow so I can set it on free play.

Thanks again to everyone so far for all of their help and support. Its great to have such a supportive community!  :thank_you:

Offline GetSlideWays

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »
all looks good so far, test mode is activated by flicking the toggle switch adjacent to the door trigger switch FYI

Offline RevisionX

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2015, 05:29:59 PM »
Awesome work GetSlideWays!  I went from complete BIOS defaults after a battery swap to a working machine in one reboot. 

Mine was previously stuck at the missing card reader issue.  These machines do take a long time to boot all the way up.  I'll try and get a video on YouTube of the entire boot process in the next couple of days.

Photos of the BIOS screens can be found on my blog, here:
http://www.scottcking.com/?p=219

Cheers GSW!
RevisionX

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal