New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S6000 Clear Chips and Dip Switches  (Read 14016 times)

Offline 4cheddar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 4cheddar New User has no influence.
Bally S6000 Clear Chips and Dip Switches
« on: March 22, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »
Hello,

I recently just purchased my first Bally S6000 slot machine, a 2,5,10x Respin Bonus Frenzy. After firing it up for the first time and hearing the Bally Gaming intro, it displays some error codes 5.5.38, 3.8., .2.02 I believe the 5.5.38 is the printer out of paper and I'm not sure what the others are. After sorting through the wonderful information on this site, I came to the conclusion that I will need to invest in a set of Clear Chips. Upon inspection of the MPU, picture provided, I noticed that the dip switches look different than what the manual shows. My question is 1.) What type of dip switches are on my board? 2.) How do you tell if you have the leave in mains? If I need clear chips, I'm interested in a set, just PM your price and details.

Thank you and I look forward to any help. The wife is ready to play some slots!! :me_too:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally S6000 Clear Chips and Dip Switches
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
I can help with one of your questions. The gray parts circled in yellow below are not dipswitches, we called them punch shunt blocks. They contain little individual metal straps that act as jumpers on the board to select certain settings. The little metal straps (shunts) are broken with a small punch or slotted twist tool when the game is built or maybe during installation by the customer's tech. It acts similar to a dipswitch (and similar to a group of wire jumpers) in making or not making connections, but they are considered more permanent. You can add a wire jumper to the back of the board if a broken strap needs to be reconnected. These are often used where they don't think any changes will be needed or if there is a worry about someone changing a dipswitch setting. If you get a manual that covers your mpu board it will describe what options & setup features the 3 shunt blocks are for. If you look down inside the holes you will see that some are intact and others are broken.

If needed, someone with soldering skill could remove these shunt blocks and replace them with dipswitches.  EDIT- no soldering needed on this board, the shunt blocks are in sockets.

To help answer your other questions it might be helpful if you posted a few pictures of your machine, from the outside showing entire front of machine, plus interior photos showing the innards.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:09:22 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:46:13 PM »
You will need Clear Chips (I have several) I also have several real DIP switches I can pull from defective boards (they just plug in). Let me know if I can help.

Lin
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
The shunt blocks are in sockets, I didn't notice that, will be easy to replace if needed.

Thanks LINDAM! Are DS2 and DS3 for sound settings?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 4cheddar

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:04:11 PM »
Thank you rokgpsman! Your response was very helpful. LINDAM, I'm sending you a pm.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:31:28 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 06:07:53 PM »

Thank you rokgpsman! Your response was very helpful. LINDAM, I'm sending you a pm.

you're welcome, does your machine look complete inside?

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »
DS2 is the denomination (coin) setting and the type of bill acceptor on board.
DS3 is your choose of market codes. (where the machine is located.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline 4cheddar

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
Other than a few bulbs and some missing decals, and after a major cleaning, it's looking pretty good.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »
Nice looking and really clean inside. I haven't seen one of those but my wife said she has played it, said it sometimes does a crazy spin and gets exciting.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »
Other than a few bulbs and some missing decals, and after a major cleaning, it's looking pretty good.

Sorry if i missed this, but are you up and running???
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline 4cheddar

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:03 PM »
Not yet. I purchased the clear chips which did remove the codes, I had to make some jumpers for the hopper plug to clear a code 31 error and now I'm stuck with no lights and bill validator not accepting bills to start playing.

Here is the new topic I started. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=5896.0

Offline dcardman

• Reputation Power: 0
  • dcardman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »
 I bought leave in safe ram clear chips.  When I perform the procedure shown in the video nothing happen. I get no error codes nothing resets. In my sw1 a shunt block and #8 is still connected (which would me on) so I should be getting the "CH C followed by CL C" but it doesn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also on my shunt block for sw1 1-6, 8 are on and 7 is punched (off) is this correct?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 11:34:00 PM »
Are you holding down the psuedo coin and test switches while you turn power on? This will give you a full clear (CHC CLC)?
With the leave in reset chips the machine will always try a partial clear, CHP CLP (even if the psudo and test are not pressed) so after clearing you will have to remove the shunt and leave it out (DIP SW 8 off) for the game to play.

Always allow the reels to do their bump dance before closing the door. If you don't see a 50 it is in "set date" mode, simply press the change button to exit that setup option.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline mr-monoxide

• Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 01:40:34 PM »
If you're performing the safe-ram correctly but nothing at all appears in the win or credit displays I would check to be sure that all the "legs" of the new chips are properly seated in their individual sockets. It's real easy for one leg to be off a little and fold under the chip when you install it. To be sure I would pull them out and check. Also be sure that the notch is oriented correctly and that the chip is installed in it's assigned socket.
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Hamburger4378 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally S6000 Clear Dip Switches
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
Hey guys I just picked up my 1st bally s6000 blazing 777 w/ progressive (flashing c1). My other machines are all igt s2000. Trying to get the bally to work.I replaced the battery on the bally. Anychance someone knows the dip switch settings? I keep getting the 91.nc and the 50.

Offline mr-monoxide

• Reputation Power: 31
  • mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.mr-monoxide Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Bally S6000 Clear Dip Switches
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
Hey guys I just picked up my 1st bally s6000 blazing 777 w/ progressive (flashing c1). My other machines are all igt s2000. Trying to get the bally to work.I replaced the battery on the bally. Anychance someone knows the dip switch settings? I keep getting the 91.nc and the 50.

If the codes you are referring to are shown in the progressive display then the progressive board needs to be programmed (not easy). I would suggest looking in the progressive section on nlg to understand exactly what I'm talking about. There is a very informative post there specifically about s6000 progressives.
There are some shady people in this world, stay in the light...

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 05:53:57 PM »
Thanks, yea I seen all the complicated info on the progressive,  but I should be able to get the game working and set the progressive  up later I thought. The 3 dip switched on the board I'm  unsure of the settings.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
After replacing the battery you MUST do a clear on the board in the machine it is to be used in.
No exceptions, the clear must be done immediately or any other codes could be bogus.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 06:52:01 PM »
Is there  a way to bypass the stand-alone progressive?

Offline Hamburger4378

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 09:36:50 PM »
I have  set option 2 and 7 to 0000. But still getting 91nc.
I'm  able to run through all the test 1d-12d.  Just can't  get rid of the 91nc when I close the door. I've done complete clear with clear chips several times. I'd  like to get this clear to work and figure out how to setup the stand alone progressive later. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal