New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Troubleshooting Guide  (Read 9508 times)

Offline foster

• The S2000 Guru
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • foster New User barely matters.foster New User barely matters.
S2000 Troubleshooting Guide
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:55:55 PM »
The S2000 will tilt if anything gets disconnected or loose
When this happens start with the device that you are getting the error about and work back to the motherboard.

First try clearing the error by lifting and lowering the main door latch a few times.

Always do the following with the machine off just in case.

Gently push in the mpu with both hands because sometimes, it may not be fully seated
Make sure the 2 or 3 I/O cards are fully seated any harnesses connected to the handle end of them is fully connected.
You will have 1 Cabinet I/O and 1 or 2 Door I/O boards in a upright machine.

Check the connections to each display in the machine, VFD and 7 segment display
Check the 3 connections to the Bill Acceptor in an upright machine they are behind the Bill acceptor, near a light that gets very hot quickly so be careful

Check each connection to the motherboard just disconnect and reconnect it, do one at a time so you do not lose track of where a connection goes.
Pull the reels, behind them in a upright machine will be the 13/25V power supply (300 or so watts) there is a screw on the left side loosen it and disconnect and reconnect(push on it firmly) the power supply, tighten the screw do not over tighten.

Devices connected to Cabinet I/O
Physical meters
Hopper
Handle switch and solenoid
W-2G key switch aka second reset key
Bell
Back lit controller (cabinet I/O does not control it)

Devices Connected to Door I/O
All player button switches and lamps on the player deck
Coin coin comparator
Coin in optics
Coin solenoid controls coins going to hopper or into drop bucket in stand (overflow)
7 Segment 5-5-2 or 6-6-3 and multiple denomination touch pad (door i/o does not control it)

The following devices are Netplex and either directly connect to the motherboard or by a power dist board depending on your harness configuration in the lower cabinet.
Bill Acceptor has its own Netplex port (12 pin instead of 10 due to bill acceptor door switch)
Printer
VFD

When you get errors or tilts that are cleared by closing the door, you may have to raise and lower the latch multiple times to clear the errors, they get stacked and only one error will clear on each door closure.

Recommended spare parts:
MPU that matches your current mpu with matching chips
Door and cabinet I/O that matches your machine

If not done so already convert your player buttons to LED and if the Bill acceptor board on the door still uses the lamps get the LED version.

IF your S2000 is working correctly and you are not trying to do a game change or upgrade, leave it it alone. I can not stress this enough.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:22:33 PM by foster »
Coca-Cola and Slot Machine Addict

If you find this site helpful
Please Consider Making a Donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth. OR Subscribe to NLG

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal