New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S-Plus New Owner  (Read 23616 times)

Offline NHBFan

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • NHBFan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: S-Plus New Owner
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2017, 01:34:49 PM »
well it is seems my MPU board doesnt support SP1271 chip. I Put my old SP114 back and everything is ok. New SS reel chip works great and symbols and pays are mutch (see foto)
the only problem i still want to get my pays in the tray not acumulate to credits. As i undersatnd i need to get new SP chip. But if SP 1271 is not supported by my MPU is there a proper replacement for it

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2017, 01:55:25 PM »
a SP 731  is user friendly and should work with your game.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
Just an idea,,,,,,,

There is a jumper block (black shorting block) near one end of each chip, I believe these jumpers are set depending on the memory size of the eprom in the socket (like 128k, 256k, 512k etc). Perhaps these jumpers need to be moved to a different setting for the new chips you received, hopefully someone familiar with your mpu board can say. I don't know if SP1271 is compatible with your mpu, but it is a popular SP chip used in many machines.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 12:00:17 AM »
With that old of an SP. Look for 1-0 (or 1-1) .. probably a couple of pushes of the self test will get you there. Change the right side 1/0 to the other by pushing the spin reel button.
it helps me to turn my machime to "cash" mode, but now it starts to do double pays all the times. Seems i changed something else in settings. Anybody know how to return to normal pay?

Just an idea,,,,,,,

There is a jumper block (black shorting block) near one end of each chip, I believe these jumpers are set depending on the memory size of the eprom in the socket (like 128k, 256k, 512k etc). Perhaps these jumpers need to be moved to a different setting for the new chips you received, hopefully someone familiar with your mpu board can say. I don't know if SP1271 is compatible with your mpu, but it is a popular SP chip used in many machines.
moved pins to another position. got 61 error and then 61_1 by pressing test button.
turn jp key and got 65_3 code error
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 12:23:26 AM by NHBFan »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 05:55:20 AM »
moved pins to another position. got 61 error and then 61_1 by pressing test button.

65_3, turn the Jackpot Reset key again.  You'll likely get another error (65_1 or 65_2), that's okay.  Follow the directions on this page:

http://newlifegames.net/igterrors/
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 06:09:55 AM »

65_3, turn the Jackpot Reset key again.  You'll likely get another error (65_1 or 65_2), that's okay.  Follow the directions on this page:

http://newlifegames.net/igterrors/

it works! reels spin but "0" blink in coin played box and coins are not accepting
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:44:16 AM by NHBFan »

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 07:50:46 AM »
Insert coin and coin played should be alternating blinks with SP1271.

Change sample coin in comparitor and/or adjust sensitivity clockwise then all the way back counterclockwise in lower right of comparitor.

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »
big thanx to all for answers. It works good with new SP chip! The only problem i need to resolve is uncorrect pays. for example
if i won 1 coin it displey correct but hopper pays 1 or 2 coins.
if i won 5 it pays 6 or 9 coin
if i won 40 it pays 69 coins
all the time winner paid displays correct but hopper gives wrong number of coins.
The same with my old SP chip. i got this problem a day ago after trying to set "Cash mode". rpobably did somethng wrong.
Help please!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »
In case you (or someone else) isn't sure where the coin comparitor sensitivity adjustment is:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »
When a machine pays 1 or 2 extra coins that is often a problem with the coin counter on the hopper. But if it is paying 69 coins on a 40 coin win then something else is probably going on. Does your hopper have all the same coins in it, no mixture of different size coins? Check that the hopper knife is laying flat on the coin wheel and that it isn't bent. Also, that the coin separator is only allowing 1 coin at a time to reach the knife. The coin separator is a part on the hopper located a few inches ahead of the knife, mounted on the outer rim of the hopper, it only allows 1 coin to pass at a time.

You can remove the hopper if you need to take a better look at it. Just pull forward on it and slide out of the machine. Ensure power is turned off first.

Does your machine use nickel-size or quarter-size tokens? Sometimes hoppers have more problems with the smaller coins/tokens, especially if the machine was partly converted to a smaller size coin but the hopper parts are still for a larger coin.

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
When a machine pays 1 or 2 extra coins that is often a problem with the coin counter on the hopper.
everything was ok till yesterday. i tryed to set sometning pressing white button and suddenly hooper gave few coins despite opening front door. From this time i got this extra pays problem. Is there a way to do full reset or something like this?
about coins. I use ukrainean coins (see foto) but as i said it was fine with them till yesterday

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »
I'm not aware of a setting that you could have changed that would cause the overpaying problem, but your settings menu choices are not too familiar to me. Others here will make suggestions as they think about this problem.

I think there is often a menu choice to test the hopper, it will pay 10 coins each time it is selected. But that only happens while you are doing the hopper test, not during game play.

Maybe someone can get you the documentation for your new SP1271 chip. It will list all of the menu choices it offers.

Thanks for photo of Ukraine coin you are using, it looks to be about 17mm diameter in photo but maybe I am seeing the ruler wrong, when I checked on internet I thought it said they are 23mm diameter. Our nickel is about 21mm and a quarter is about 24mm.

Since your display always shows the correct coin amount of a win that would seem to mean your reel strips are installed properly. Sometimes a machine will have the reel strips in wrong position and that causes confusion about how many coins are won. Can you post photo of front of machine showing reel strips? [EDIT - I looked back at page 1 of thread and saw photo of machine, reposted below]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:23:24 AM by rokgpsman »

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
this coin is about 24mm diameter similar to your quarter.

also some question about SP1271 settings. I cant put more than 3 coin to credit. each forth coin goes to coin tray. Is it correct?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:32 AM »
Correct.

Since it is a 3 coin max bet that is all an S+ machine will accept.

If it was a 2 coin game that is all it would accept also.

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
Also, that the coin separator is only allowing 1 coin at a time to reach the knife. The coin separator is a part on the hopper located a few inches ahead of the knife, mounted on the outer rim of the hopper, it only allows 1 coin to pass at a time.
there are two fotos of my hopper. where is coin separator? or i have to strip hopper to reach it? If so it is a problem couse i have two left hand and pretty sure there is no IGT experts here in Ukraine.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
Maybe you should clean it up and the brake too which is attached to the motor. I have attached a little bit of information about the hopper ..

Offline NHBFan

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »
try to use another type of coin and hopper works correct. but both of coins are almost the same size. I would say it is juast a few mm diameter difference.
using white (valued 5) hopper works great but when i use yellow (valued 50) it is huge overpay
at the video you can hear hopper sounds (more then 10 coins paid) for only 3 coin wiln. Looks like hopper spins too fast ahead of winner paid counts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0bkM2ObhXc

Offline off-track

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • off-track New User barely matters.off-track New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2017, 10:05:36 PM »
try to use another type of coin and hopper works correct. but both of coins are almost the same size. I would say it is juast a few mm diameter difference.  using white (valued 5) hopper works great but when i use yellow (valued 50) it is huge overpay

You said it paid just fine before.  Did you change the coin denomination in that same time? 

According to wiki the 50 is 1mm smaller than the 5 and from what I can tell it appears that the 2Fr that the machine was configured for originally is a 27mm coin.  You could try it using 1 hryvnia coins?  Those appear even closer to the Fr?

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2017, 10:11:36 PM »
try to use another type of coin and hopper works correct. but both of coins are almost the same size. I would say it is juast a few mm diameter difference.
using white (valued 5) hopper works great but when i use yellow (valued 50) it is huge overpay

The size of the coin makes a difference.  In the case of the smaller coin, some of them are sneaking through the coin-out optics without breaking the beam, so the machine isn't seeing them and isn't counting them as paid, even though they are physically exiting the machine.  Use the larger coins only and you shouldn't have a problem.

In order for the machine to see a coin exiting the hopper and count it as "paid", the coin must break the hopper optic pair as it exits the hopper.  If you look closely at your hopper, right where the coins come out, you'll see this optic assembly.  If the coin is too small, it will go below the level of the optics and not break the beam, and not get counted by the machine.  This is not a setting in the menu nor anything that would have changed by changing your SP chip -- I suspect you're just noticing it now since you're cashing out more frequently, or because you recently switched to the gold "50" coins, versus the larger silver "5" coins.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »
The part I called a coin separator is called a "coin wiper" by IGT. The drawing below from Ken's posting shows where the coin wiper is mounted on the hopper. The wiper's job is to separate coins that are stuck together and keep them from reaching the knife. But it sounds like your problem is due to the size of the coin you are using being too small.

Also in the drawing is the optic sensor that knagl referred to. Its job is to count the coins as they pass by and signal the mpu to shut off the hopper motor when the correct number of coins has passed. If your optic sensor has an adjustment that will lower it slightly toward the spinning coin pinwheel you could try that if you prefer using the smaller 50k coin. The pinwheel is designed for a certain size coin, you may be using a coin that is smaller than what it is made for.

[the drawing shows 2 wipers, one is metal and the other is plastic. I think only one is installed on the hopper, depending on when it was made]

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal