New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: need help- S plus almost there, but wont accept coins.  (Read 4646 times)

Offline puckhead

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
need help- S plus almost there, but wont accept coins.
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »
s plus with a 1271 game chip.  replaced the battery and full reset. reset went as according to instructions and then set the BV and that also went smooth. close door, reels test spin.  however, the coins played 0 just blinks. candle stick top is lit solid. no insert coins light.  coins go straight to tray.  pressing the credit button on the coin optics adds a credit and you can play a game.  when you close the door, the reels dont test spin. blinking zero is back.  lift the handle up and the zero goes solid.  no error codes. lift the handle up and down 3 times, no reel test.  goes right to blinking zero. i'm stumped,

thanks
mike

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: need help- S plus almost there, but wont accept coins.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:44:12 PM »
Have you checked to make sure the sample coin is seated good?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
- Press the "Change" (or "Service") button on the far left to turn off the solid light on the top of the candle.

- Make sure that the sample coin is seated properly in the Coin Comparator.

- If it seems like the machine should be ready to accept a coin, but coins are rejected back to the tray, you'll want to try adjusting the sensitivity on the Coin Comparator so that it is least likely to reject coins:

Using a tiny screwdriver, adjust that counter-clockwise (away from the +) to make the comparator less sensitive -- that will have the comparator reject fewer coins.  Turn the dial all the way back and forth a few times to make sure it's making a good contact, ending up dialing it away from the plus, then see if your acceptance improves.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline puckhead

• puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.puckhead Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »
i jammed the rake to divert the coins straight thru the optics into the hopper, didnt help. coin goes to hopper, but no credit.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »
Is there a setting in the TEST menu that might be set wrong, like "Coin Play Disabled"? Maybe since you did a reset some setting got set wrong.

Is coin comparitor getting power?

Do you have another coin comparitor to try?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
I mis-read your initial post.

With the door open, gently move one of the reels off-center from its current position, then close the door.  Do the reels spin to reset at that point?

Are you sure your Insert Coins lamp is good?  Can you put a known good bulb in there to help with troubleshooting?

Also, do you have a different MPU board to try by chance?  With the rake wedged and the coins forced to go to the hopper, it should have given a credit.

Also, can you do the coin-in optics test to determine if your coin-in optics are behaving correctly?  It's been posted here recently -- I can find that and post it here if you can't find the instructions.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 11:39:28 PM »
It is sounding like a bad COD board.
If the comparator is only accepting coins with the rake open then it is not being enabled by the COD board.
The coin falling through the COD board to the hopper is further evidence the COD board is bad.

With the door open can you press the white test button (pseudo coin) on the front of the COD board and get a coin in?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 03:49:43 AM »
It is sounding like a bad COD board.
If the comparator is only accepting coins with the rake open then it is not being enabled by the COD board.
The coin falling through the COD board to the hopper is further evidence the COD board is bad.

With the door open can you press the white test button (pseudo coin) on the front of the COD board and get a coin in?

COD board?

He said in his initial post that he can use the pseudo coin button on the coin-in optics board with the door open and the machine will play.

He also said that with the rake jammed open coins are going to the hopper (as would be expected with the rake held open), but no credits are being posted.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Then re-seating the connector on the COD board a couple of times and cleaning any corroded pins is the next step.
If that doesn't work then replacing the COD board may be necessary.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
What is this COD board you're talking about? The coin-in optics assembly?

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 04:51:59 PM »
At IGT we called them that. Coin Optic Detector board below coin comparator.

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »
the machine is getting dropped off at my house in a few days and i'll take a good look at it.  i would think is the coin optics were not right, i'd get a coin jam error from not having two  optos  working. this ones a puzzler.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
At IGT we called them that. Coin Optic Detector board below coin comparator.

Never heard it called that -- I learned something today, thanks.

i would think is the coin optics were not right, i'd get a coin jam error from not having two  optos  working.

We've seen a number of them here where the first optic is "stuck", but the machine doesn't report an error.

Offline memays

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • memays New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Website
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »
Did we ever find a solution to this problem?

Offline puckhead

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »
it was a long time ago, but i think i remember correctly it was the coin optics board.

Offline memays

• NLG
    • Website
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »
Coins Played flashing “2” (But won’t accept coins)
Manually running the coin comparator using the test button works normally (This shows that everything from the Coin Optic Detector board below coin comparator(COD Board) is working?. 
After a couple of hours messing with this, held up the rake lever on the coin comparator while manually running a coin through. Close the door, and everything is back to normal.     
Never did find any explanation of the Flashing "2" code? in the COINS PLAYED window.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »
You were in test mode.

Offline memays

• NLG
    • Website
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 04:58:56 AM »
 :thank_you: Thanks for that info.   I thought of that, and I ran through the sequence about 8-10 times both using the key, and also the reset button, turned the machine off/on many times, reseated all of the usual "suspect" connectors, the main board, reseated all of the EPROMS, sprayed everything with contact cleaner, and nothing seemed to clear it until I did the process above, closed the door, and VIOLA! - like nothing ever happened.  If I was stuck in test mode(2), nothing I did seemed to get me out of it, and just closing the door shouldn't have reset it?    Sometimes I think it just gets lonely, and wants attention :duh: .

Wondering now, if it was just a sticky coin comp, and wiggling the lever a couple of times freed it up?

I will hold onto your chart for future reference!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 06:11:40 AM »
Closing the door does do a reset.

Offline memays

• NLG
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 07:19:29 AM »
Trying to understand this a little better...   Looking at the chart you posted, none of the function codes were displayed on the left side, just a flashing "2" in the COINS PLAYED window?   (If it happens again, I will be sure to get a picture of it)  Does it normally flash, or just a solid "2"?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal