New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What did I buy?  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
What did I buy?
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:51 PM »
Hi all,

I'm usually more of a video slot guy, but I got a deal I couldn't refuse.  Problem is I am not exactly sure how to tell what it is that I bought.  I picked up a Game King 6.?, a "5 Times Pay - Red White And Blue" and a "Triple Lucky 7's". I haven't had a chance to fire up the reel games, but the GK came up like a champ.

My questions so far are:

Is there an easy way to check what version is flashed on the GK?  I suppose I could find the game list and check the games I have access to, but was hoping there might be a screen that just says it outright.  The seller said it was 6.1, 6.2 or 6.3 but he couldn't remember.  What I can verify myself is the game selection menu is similar to my 6.2 and it is an 044 board with flash not legacy adapter.

My bigger question is what platform are the reel games?  My gut says s2000 because I've seen posts about the corrosive green varta battery which these appear to have.  One even came with corrosion in progress at no extra charge :-). If I can confirm the type of machine, I can then start looking for the posts about how to remove them if these are the boards that don't require it.

Hopefully if I can get an idea of what I have, I can read up from there.  Pictures will be posting shortly.
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
Re: What did I buy?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 11:23:35 PM »
5 Times Pay - Red, White and Blue
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:22 PM »
Triple lucky 7's
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »
Game King 6.?
Corey

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »
GK .. if it is a 6.x then there should be a flash board mounted on the MPU with a label.

If not then you can get to the info through the accounting section.

The others are S2000s.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
Thanks Ken,

I checked the accounting menu and it appears the game ID is GK003353 which Spin has as 6.5.  That seems consistent with an IGT PDF I found that claims 6.5 is for use in Mexico and the main menu has a Mexican flag.

Corey

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 11:11:48 PM »
Here is the link which shows what 6.x and 8.x have:

https://www.igt.com/-/media/c3e53102855b4255b6bcce2f964202a9.ashx

Looks like 6.5 has fewer games than 6.4 and 6.3.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »
Thanks Jason.  I was pretty excited when I first saw that it was 6.5.  I thought maybe I had stumbled into some great new version but as your link shows 6.4 is the better option, unless you happen to be a huge fan of Mexican Flags.  (Any huge Mexican flag fans out there that want to swap for a 6.4 board? :Tongue_Out: )

I’m not complaining, the machine seems to run great.  I honestly didn’t expect any of these to fire up.  The seller wanted $500 for all three with stands and I was just hoping I could use the GK cabinet to convert my slant top to an upright.  The Red, White and Blue plays great with what I’m assuming is a minor issue with the pull arm sticking in the down position.  The Triple Lucky 7’s lights up and boots to a ‘Game eprom CRC mismatch -0xB000001’ error I need to work on, but I can play with it and do some research before I need to ask for any help on that one.
Corey

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
Sooo…..my RW&B was the S2000 that was working, but I could see the corrosion coming from the green varta battery.  My solder skill are probably somewhere in the realm of extreme newbe, but I had hopes my solder sucker would be doing most of the work.  I decided to give it a shot and remove it.  The game now seems to have a somewhat static like noise when loading and an Open Door MB error where the wheels spin and won’t stop.  Is it safe to say I’ve trashed the board?

Corey

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »
Sounds like it, but if you have another s2000, swap the mpu and test t.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal