New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pink Panther Vision Problem  (Read 7343 times)

Offline cuda

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • cuda New User barely matters.cuda New User barely matters.
Pink Panther Vision Problem
« on: January 15, 2017, 02:07:34 PM »
So I am getting an error for the video on my pink panther vision.  I think I know whats wrong, I am assuming I do not have enough memory in the monitor.  So I have a picture of the front to show the error and I have pulled the only 2 removable card/chips out of the monitor that I can so I assume these are the Ram Memory cards, one clearly has an 8 on it and the other a 16 so I am assuming again that one is 8 mb and the other 16 mb and if I am correct, I don't have enough memory to run Pink Panther Slips, so if all my assumptions are correct, please somebody let me know where I can buy these memory cards with higher memory on them.  And if I am wrong, let me know that too.  Thanks for your help.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Pink Panther Vision Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:38:28 PM »
Yes you are correct. You need more memory. There was another member with the same problem. He said he was able to find them at a nearby computer store.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline cuda

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:58 PM »
Ok still getting the same error I have changed the version chip to a 9 instead of an 11 and I have added 2 32mb cards to the monitor so I should be running more than enough memory. 

Any idea's what to do next?

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 06:22:55 AM »
I remember someone mentioning (maybe tollguy316) that too much memory can cause the same error as not enough memory. Try replacing one of the 32's with a 16. All of my visions have 48 MB.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:49:22 AM »
Cuda, you should have remembered 48mb. That is what you had to do to your other Pink Panther.

the rockin elvis

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 07:03:05 AM »
Here is a power dist. board. It mounts on back of top box

the rockin elvis

Offline cuda

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 10:35:27 AM »
Here is a power dist. board. It mounts on back of top box

Yep and what is weird is the plug off that diamond topper is a female plug and all the outlets on the power board are also female plugs so as we know in nature this just don't work  :drool04:

I have an old IGT topper I am wondering if I can't just cut the plug off it and put it on here?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:10:08 AM by cuda »

Offline cuda

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 11:08:43 AM »
Cuda, you should have remembered 48mb. That is what you had to do to your other Pink Panther.

Ok I install the 32 and a 16 and still getting the error and nothing on the monitor and no lights on the board.  Silly question but I am putting the notch on the cards at the bottom but I think from my past experiences they only go in the board one way, just trying to over think everything.  I know the monitor works and the battery is good because I can pull the game and put the diamond run in and it all works fine.

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 11:31:41 AM »
 :Please_Post_Pictures_2:  of the error.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
 For your topper you need the 4 pin plug for 24vdc and 12vdc. Check the bundle of wires at your monitor, sometimes there are extra plugs there. test with volt meter for power. orange and orange/black = 24vdc. Red and red/black = 12vdc. In order to power the dist. board it needs a 4 pin flat connector.

For your monitor problem, What chips are you trying for Pink Slip's? SB, SG, Version? Post picture of error screen. The easiest SB for visions are 248's or 380's. SB332 for pink slip, BGM 138 for top card. For 248 the version chip should be 009gx0 and 380 should be vs 0011gx1

the rockin elvis

Offline cuda

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »

Its the very first picture on this thread

Offline cuda

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:15 AM »
For your topper you need the 4 pin plug for 24vdc and 12vdc. Check the bundle of wires at your monitor, sometimes there are extra plugs there. test with volt meter for power. orange and orange/black = 24vdc. Red and red/black = 12vdc. In order to power the dist. board it needs a 4 pin flat connector.

For your monitor problem, What chips are you trying for Pink Slip's? SB, SG, Version? Post picture of error screen. The easiest SB for visions are 248's or 380's. SB332 for pink slip, BGM 138 for top card. For 248 the version chip should be 009gx0 and 380 should be vs 0011gx1

? Maybe I have the wrong BGM because I have BGM 109 but it says Pink Slips on it?

Here is pictures of it all

Offline cuda

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »

? Maybe I have the wrong BGM because I have BGM 109 but it says Pink Slips on it?

Here is pictures of it all

Wow it looks like there are several top cards for Pink Panther and others than 109 for Pink Slips.  So I am confused if that could be causing the issue.

I am willing to try anything so if anybody has any of these other BGM cards for Pink Panther Pink Slips I would be happy to buy it from you to try.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »

I don't see an "error" in the first pick. Just a blank screen and "waiting for video display". Are you getting an error on your LCD screen? "Waiting for video display" is normal part of the boot sequence. The S2000 is waiting for the vision screen to boot it's program.

Offline cuda

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »

I don't see an "error" in the first pick. Just a blank screen and "waiting for video display". Are you getting an error on your LCD screen? "Waiting for video display" is normal part of the boot sequence. The S2000 is waiting for the vision screen to boot it's program.

That is all I am getting, it sticks at that point and never goes any further.  I have let it sit for over an hour at that point. 

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 12:48:20 PM »
Also, through my research I found that SB332 matches up with BGM 138.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »

That is all I am getting, it sticks at that point and never goes any further.  I have let it sit for over an hour at that point.

Seems like you have the wrong BGM for that SB chip. That's why it gets stuck waiting for the top screen. You need BGM138.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 12:56:18 PM »
I could be wrong but that is what I have written down for SB332. BGM109 is for Pink Slips but I don't have record of SB's for that BGM.

Offline cuda

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
What clear chip and key chip do you all use on your visions?  I am using a 224 and 45, wondered if this could be the issue at all?

Offline cuda

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »
When I boot up the monitor with Double Diamond Run it works and this shows the OS system it is running and this is running with the 32 mb ram and the 16 mb ram chip in.

Let me know when one you experts on these visions is ready for a vacation in Denver  :hail:   Plenty of snow to go skiing and I will buy your lift tickets.  Just need you to stop by and do a little work on a Pink Panther  :duh:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal