New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: wms 40x game change 2 help  (Read 15234 times)

Offline Lukea

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Lukea New User has no influence.
  • NLG
wms 40x game change 2 help
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »
I have a wms 401 nickle slot that on start up gives me game change 2, then i press the red button on the card cage and it gives me need clear. I bought a ram clear chip and new battery as the old one was completely dead. on install of ram clear I get a dong but no denomination appears like instructions say, thought ram clear was bad sent back for check, they said it was good but sent a different on in its place, still no luck. :(  any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: wms 40x game change 2 help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:35:58 PM »
Were you attempting to do a game change ?  Completely dead battery ????   Is this your machine and suddenly these issues occurred or is it a machine you just picked up ?   Can you give more details ... Where did you install the RAM clear chip ?  What steps did you take ???

Offline tollguy316

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • tollguy316 New User barely matters.tollguy316 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
Might I add... you registered on NLG less that 2 hours ago.  You posted your issue with the Williams and now you're sending me PM's .... Can I suggest perhaps introducing yourself to the fine people on NLG and mayby waiting a day or so to give us a chance to respond... 

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:04:59 PM »
I was not attempting to do a game change, the battery was completely dead, I picked up the machine, the previous owner said it work randomly then died. I put the ram chip into slot xu3. Sorry for being so antsy I've had this game for 6 months and getting excited to play. :drool04:

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »
After the dong when you clear your display should read something like 40- xxx-05. the 05 is your denomination. You will then replace the clear with your XU3 and push the red diagnostic a few times for Clr then again till it says Door Open.

Dale

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 08:09:25 PM »
I never got the 40-xxx-05 and tried with 2 different ram clear chips. Put eprom back and goes back to game change 2 need clear.

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 08:17:11 PM »
Odd, your display works and says game change and needs clear but won't display after you put the clear in and get the single bong? After a battery change you can usually get by with a soft clear if I remember right. Is this a non dot game?

Dale

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 09:52:21 PM »
Odd, your display works and says game change and needs clear but won't display after you put the clear in and get the single bong? After a battery change you can usually get by with a soft clear if I remember right. Is this a non dot game?

Dale

Probably a non-Dotmation going by the info in his other post about the machine, says it is a Lucky Ladies Liberty Belle machine (which wasn't a Dotmation game), and he says it is a 401 model, I think the Dotmation machines are 40S5 models. But as far as I knew the CLEAR procedure was the same on all WMS 4XX machines.

his other post about this machine:
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=11791.0;topicseen#msg63586

The Game Change 2 message is an advisory message, you acknowledge it by pressing the Diagnostic switch on the front of the card cage and the message should go away. I'd make sure the Diag switch actually works if pressing it does nothing. The Game Change 2 message can appear if you swap cpu cards from another machine, or replace the game chips on the cpu board with a different game, since the eeprom on the backplane has stored in it whatever game the machine was when the last CLEAR was done. It is this mismatch between what game the eeprom says and what game the cpu board actually has that causes the Game Change 2 message. A CLEAR using the correct denomination (nickel, quarter, etc) CLEAR chip that matches the denomination of the game chips on the cpu card should take care of it, the eeprom will get synced to the game installed on the cpu board. Make sure the CLEAR chip is for the same denomination as the game chips on the cpu.

I brightened your photos so I could see some details:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:27:45 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 10:05:17 PM »
When I press the button it says clear ram

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:11 PM »
That means your Diag switch is working, so we don't have to worry about a broken Diag switch or wire to it.
Does the display actually say "clear ram" or something else? I don't remember that particular message. If it only says "clr" then it is asking you to press the Diag switch button to do a soft clear. But if it says "need clr" then it is saying you need to do a hard clear, that is where the special CLEAR chip is used, and that CLEAR chip has to be the same denomination as the game chips installed on the cpu board. The CLEAR chips come in different denomination versions.

Look at the labels on the cpu board games chips, make sure they are the same denomination as the CLEAR chip you are using. How about showing us a photo of your machine and a photo of your cpu board with the chip labels so we can read them.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »
Hope this helps

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 10:19:49 PM »
I also put the clear chip on the board

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 10:29:06 PM »
Was wondering if my dead battery would have something to do with cpu board showing 3, I can't see if the cpu board is showing anything. Not sure how to do tests it's talking about. Like I said before it has new battery on the board .

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 10:35:15 PM »
Yes, the photos help to make sure what you have since we haven't seen every possible machine out there. It sound like you are doing the CLEAR procedure the right way, I'll go over it and you can say if it is any different from what your instructions say.

Turn off machine, remove CPU board. Remove XU3 game chip and install CLEAR chip in its place. The CLEAR chip should be the same denomination as the game chips you will be using. Put cpu board back into machine and turn on power. After a few seconds you should see the game denomination (5 in this case) appear in the Win Meter display and the number "6" in the Bet display. This confirms the CLEAR procedure is completed. Now you turn off the machine, remove cpu board, remove the CLEAR chip and reinstall the XU3 game chip to the socket. Install the cpu board and power up game. The display on machine will now say "clr" which is a message saying the clear procedure worked properly. If "Game Change" message appears (normally only if you have changed the game chips to a different game, or if you have swapped a different cpu into machine) then press the Diag switch to confirm, this will sync the eeprom security chip on the backplane to the current game on the cpu. You may need to press the Diag switch a few times. Then machine should reinitialize and be ready for play. Shut the door and insert a coin, see if it works ok.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 10:38:46 PM »
Was wondering if my dead battery would have something to do with cpu board showing 3, I can't see if the cpu board is showing anything. Not sure how to do tests it's talking about. Like I said before it has new battery on the board .

I've operated machines that had a missing or dead battery, just had to do a soft clear (press the Diag switch) to clear the condition and then it would play ok. My experience has been on the Dotmation versions of the WMS 4XX models, but I'd think your 401 model would be the same. Are you saying you can see the number "3" displayed on the cpu board?

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »
Did everything and no 5 shows up, put data eprom back and does same, upon start up game change 2 then need clr and I made sure chips were installed the correct ways.I cannot see if the cpu board has anything  just saw this in the manual and knew my battery was dead and dead for awhile

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »
Did everything and no 5 shows up, put data eprom back and does same, upon start up game change 2 then need clr and I made sure chips were installed the correct ways.I cannot see if the cpu board has anything  just saw this in the manual and knew my battery was dead and dead for awhile
I think that page in the manual about the numbers that appear on the cpu board display is for factory troubleshooting the cpu board with a special test fixture, like a cpu board tester or a card extender that lets the cpu board stick out farther from the card cage where they can see the cpu troubleshooting display, it is a single digit display located on the board back too far for use when the board is installed in the machine.

When you get the "need clr" message I think that means the machine doesn't think a hard clear has been done. And since you are not getting the correct indications after you do the clear then I'd guess there is a problem with the clear procedure not getting done for some reason.

Was your machine working ok the last time you used it, then the battery died and these problems started then?

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 10:53:14 PM »
Lol anyone here that can test or fix my boards for a reasonable price or does anyone know how to get my display to show 5 when the ram reset is installed :) I'm thanking everyone already trying to help.. I can wait to see this machine up and going I've had it for 6 months.. :( I'm really lost on where to go to home fix or send out to fix

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »
I don't know of anyone that repairs these boards unless it is something minor, people usually replace a bad board. Are you suspecting you have a bad board? Do you have another machine you can use the boards from to figure out what is bad? Is it possible your cpu board is bad, you've never seen the machine work, when you got it was it working?

Have you double-checked that the battery you installed is good and that it is installed correctly? Do you have a meter to verify the battery voltage?

I just noticed that this thread is in the wrong area, this is the Universal slot machine area. I'm gonna ask a moderator to move this to the right area, should be in WMS Reel Games. May take a little while for them to get it moved, it is ok to continue with any posting, they will move all of it.

Offline Lukea

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 11:08:32 PM »
I don't think there bad and no other machine to try other boards, I'm just trying to throw ideas out. I just wish the ram reset would show the denomination and would have been an easy fix so I can see what this machine does and have fun playing.. lol

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal