New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Recapping my Electrohome G07-FB0  (Read 2999 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Recapping my Electrohome G07-FB0
« on: October 26, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »
Well here I go... my second recapping of an old CRT.
So far, I've had two incorrect value caps, one reversed cap and one cap not there!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:00:30 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline qbert

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: zzzzzzzzzzap! And the fun begins...recapping my Electrohome G07-FB0
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
What game is that electrohome for? I think I think I used GO7s on old StarGate or Defenders video games from the 80s.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »
For my IGT Fortune 1
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »
Finished the recapping. I found two wrong value caps, one reversed cap and NO cap in another spot. Three of the caps were bulged out as well. I'm amazed it worked at all. Redid some of the zip ties and vacuumed inside carefully. And here's a before and after shot. Success! My "squished card" problem and all the tearing at the top is gone. The color is much better too. The only thing is now I need to make an extension cable so I can readjust the vertical height.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 09:30:05 AM »
 :wave:     :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:20:21 AM »
You said cap values were wrong. What was wrong with them? The reason I ask is because when I was repairing electronics we used higher voltage value replacement caps in situations where we found short life failure due to voltage ratings being to low on the origional cap in relationship to circuit demand. RCA was horrible about that in the 80's. Samsung and LG had similar issues with thier LCD power supplies around 2005-2008.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »
Well for example, C301 and 520 are supposed to be 3.3uf and they were both 10uf. The voltage was the same, 50v on each. I didn't check the voltage on some but I can look back at my dead cap pile and see. Then the one was in reversed and another missing. Some looked like they were put in that way originally too unless the rework was REALLY clean, like mine is! I know nearly nothing on CRT's so I'm just doing this as a complete novice.
But with the new picture, I can see that I need to make a few back adjustments now... I wish I had really skinny rubber arms and hands.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »
Mark it looks great.. :cool_thumb_up: Where did you find the cap kit?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 12:55:29 PM »
Thanks... it was kind of fun to do. It's getting a little easier now the second time around. I got these from this seller's ebay site but here's his e mail and number from the flyer.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 01:25:08 PM »
That's interesting. Maybe it was a factory mod

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »
The man that sold me the cap kit said that wrong value caps, etc do occur occasionally.

Well who needs extension cables?!  I just adjusted the vertical half way and stuck it back in, the nudged it back the other way and got a nearly perfect picture.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 04:31:10 PM »
Cool.. You should be good to go now for another 20 plus years.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline FireballJackpot

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 122
  • FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!FireballJackpot Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »
DIfferent cap kits, for different size CRT's. Two wholesale sources for caps kits:

www.arcadeshop.com

OR  Give Aubrey (Zanen ELectronics) a phone call at: 806-829-2780

PS: Steve at Arcadeshop used to GET them FROM Aubrey. Aubrey might be your best bet when buying more than 10. And don't let his funny voice fool you - The guy is one SMART Dude!!  :hail:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal