New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma 150B Plus Treasure Wheel issues  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Rockyjay

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rockyjay New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma 150B Plus Treasure Wheel issues
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
I have recently purchased a Sigma SG150B Plus Treasure Wheel. Upon powering up, the reels spin 1 rotation and the machine won't boot up. I downloaded a complete manual for the machine and have gone through all electrical connections including carefully re-seating IC's on the PCB and inspecting wiring. After cleaning and reconnecting I am getting what appears to be proper voltages at all the different points. When powering up the machine, just as it did at first,  it displays a "-" in the left side of the display and then " Now Self Testing, Please Wait a While". (Is four days enough?)
I have ordered a new lithium battery for the PCM because it was reading 2.8V. I tried resetting via Test Button and Reset Key and powering up, but a tech said it probably won't reset with the battery at that level. Lastly, I hear a very muted clicking in the speaker. I am open to any suggestions at this point. :Scratch-Head:

I've read as much as I can find on these machines, but seem to be stuck.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Sigma 150B Plus Treasure Wheel issues
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 02:47:29 PM »
Resetting and clearing ram on a Sigma

Hold in the test button next to the power switch, then turn and hold the reset key, then turn on the power switch at the same time. Continue holding the test button and the reset switch until the reels turn and the door says ram cleared (about 15 seconds). The door should read turn reset key twice. This will hard clear the machine

Offline Rockyjay

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »
Thank you for the prompt reply. I have followed your directions exactly. The display went directly into "self testing". I spoke with a tech on the phone at NLG on Sunday, his direction was to install new lithium battery (mine was reading 2.8V); I did so today correctly soldering it into the PCB and getting 3.2V. My machine has the denomination IC -02, language in the manual led me to believe I would need EPROM clearing ICs. Is that correct?
My reels are aligned with the reel sensor light illuminated...is that correct to start in that position? Happy to answer any questions or send pics if necessary. This is a great resource, thanks!!

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.Mr. Dinoman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »
Sigma's dont need the battery...It is used just for accounting...You can turn the battery sense off via dip switch...Did you try my directions for resetting the ram?...I never heard of a clear chip for sigma 150 or 300's...I have reset many this way...
Jimmy

Offline Rockyjay

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »
Thank you once again Mr. Dinoman. I followed your directions and in exactly 15 seconds the self test message comes on; I never get a RAM clear message.  I don't doubt you a moment, and certainly know nothing of the machines and have only a layman's understanding of computer electronics. I did copy the verbiage from the manual, not for argumentative purposes but to explain my question about the RAM clear chips. Perhaps somewhere along the line I've damaged the PCB, though I've been extremely careful. One time recently while powering up,  I did hear a scratchy attempt at music and sound....then back to the muted click. When I remove the hopper, I see a blinking digital display on (I believe to be) the SIS SIB/2 PCB. I get a flashing dash and appears to be a 1. Trying to throw as much info as I can hoping something will help.
Bruce

Special RAM Clear Security Procedure
Overview
Some jurisdictions require a special RAM clear security procedure. Machines with a “02” in the GAL denomination IC code label require using the following special RAM clear security procedure.
Turn off machine power, Remove the two common main EPROMs. Install two RAM Clear EPROMs. Turn, and leave, the reset key switch to the on position. Depress and hold the TEST button located near the main power switch. Turn on machine power keeping the TEST button depressed. When the message “ALL DATA W/O SETTING WILL BE CLEARED” displays on the VFD, release the TEST button and RESET key switch. Turn power off and replace two coming main EPROMs. Turn power on.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:50:57 PM »
Do you have a GAL02 chip...I do believe those require a special clear chip...I have always replaced those with a different GAL chip...I believe Rudysdeals.com has them...You might want to get one and then I believe the ram clear procedure should work for you...
Jimmy

Offline Rockyjay

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 03:40:55 PM »
Yes Sir, I have the 02 chip. I had called it denomination chip leaving out the GAL. Thank you for your help, I will contact Rudysdeals.com. I could return this machine, but now I'm getting stubborn and digging in my heels.
B.

Offline Mr. Dinoman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
Don't give up yet...I love these machines...Once up and running you usually don't have any problems...GAL chips should only be a few bucks...Make sure you get the correct denom. chip and make sure it is not a 02...
Jimmy

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal