New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune II Silver Jubilee  (Read 3140 times)

Offline EDWAYNO

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EDWAYNO New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Fortune II Silver Jubilee
« on: January 14, 2017, 04:20:22 PM »
Hello Forum
 I currently own two IGT Fortune II Machines.  The first I acquired in trade almost 10 years ago and have been steadily shopping it out trying to make everything work as new. It is a Model 1107C. All labels inside and out match. A newer Fortune II compared to the other one I have. The machine has been converted by myself from a $1 Caribbean Cruise Poker machine (PK608/VP156) to a 25 Cent Poker Machine with Double Down, Animated card faces and Fitzgerald's Card Backs. (PK829/VP225).  I have a PE 15" LCD that I found for a steal that needs a bracket made to fit in place and new front button panel to install.  I scour ebay for parts but still am lacking in a few things.  I do have extra boards with Keno eeproms and Twentyone eeproms from slots-o-fun no less.

I need a cable to power my CC and am sure its about time to replace caps here and there. I had replaced the harness before and the wires are bare where they would power the CC. I remember frying one before because I had the AC/DC versions switched. I am still not sure which I need but have a CC-160D. The picture is good on the CRT with little burn but when closing the door sometimes the screen goes out of wack. I'm pretty sure the board needs some TLC but not sure where to give the attention and don't want to ruin a good thing.  I know I need some bulbs and a few buttons. I have some supplies but were unavailable over the last few years when i was moving. I was hoping to be pointed in the right direction on LED replacement bulbs.  I have plans to take used LED screens from Notebook Computers and install them behind the Glass in the Belly and Top to replace the fluorescent lights.  Attached is a picture of this machine.

What I really need help with is an older model Fortune II that I picked up years ago and have done very little with.  It is a Silver Jubilee Machine that I picked up at auction sight unseen.  I knew it was a Video Slot Fortune II but not much else until it came in Freight.  As you can see by the pictures it is worse for wear and an early version of the Fortune II. The plates are missing inside and out so not sure of the exact model. I only know that it follows the manual that seems to be for this older version.  Someone has removed the counters and the upper fluorescent lights.  The CC is a mechanical one with a different type mount then my other FII. The hopper is different as well with a cable instead of a socket at the rear. Not the greatest CRT with scratches on the glass and some burn in.  The arm on the right operates as expected but is slow to come back up and will need to be lubed or cleaned or both. On both my machines I have the CC reject arm taped open to allow coins to go through as they are not functioning as they should. There is nothing but Quarters around the machines so it has not been an issue as of yet. I know how a different size coin can really screw up the hopper.
   My big issue with this machine and why it sat so long with no love is the garbled and discolored images on the "reels".  You can go through the test screens that are fine except when they show the reels which look the same as during play. The machine will accept 1-3 coins and you can pull the handle to play. It pays out when you win or overpay.  You can see on the screen where the winning icons would be or half of the icon. There are horizontal rows that are not lined up. 
   The upper MPU and the lower Sound board are original to when I received the machine.  I have cleaned the contacts on both boards and all of the legs on the main 8 Chips and the other 4 as well. The board is pictured. The battery is good at 3.6V and I have tried to reset the RAM. None of this has had any change. Having a few spare boards I have even swapped all of the Silver Jubilee chips to other boards with no change. I have put in the Twentyone, Keno and Poker boards into this machine and they all come up fine. (buttons don't sync but they work) I have even switched the CRT as well. 
    I know when I received my newer eeproms for my poker machine the colors were off and the person that I purchased them from had to send me a CAP Prom labeled CAP 447.  None of the other Cap Proms I had would work to correct the color issue then.  On this Silver Jubilee I tried to swap the Cap Prom but it didn't change the garbled reel image either.  I am assuming at this point one of the chips has a problem, maybe one of the VP100 chips.  The problem there is I have never even seen another Silver Jubilee. I have another belly glass that does not match my game from ebay.  One time a MPU untested sold for almost $100.00 but that would have been a big chance to take. 
  My plan was to refurbish this machine for my game room but my fall back was to convert it to a Twentyone/Blackjack machine with the MPU I mentioned.  Either way it needs some parts.  As you can see the large button has a cracked cover. I think the machine can be fixed to show the reels correctly but I just don't know what is wrong.  I have more pictures of both machines but could only attach 6 per post. I am hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Any help would be appreciated. I have seen a few posts that people have some of these Fortune II's they are parting out so maybe I can get the parts I need.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Fortune II Silver Jubilee
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »
I will sell you a complete Silver Jubilee F2 for $100 As Is Parts Complete when I dig it out, I never plugged it in, came from a load of games we purchased years ago

Offline EDWAYNO

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EDWAYNO New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Fortune II Silver Jubilee
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:19 PM »
Hello
 I would like to purchase the FII you are selling.  Where would I need to pick it up? And how soon would it be available?  Do you have anymore of these? Would you be willing to plug it in before I buy it?

Thank You
Edward

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal