New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1 to BB3 Conversion Issues  (Read 2956 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
BB1 to BB3 Conversion Issues
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:52:14 PM »
Hey Gang,

So my BB1 cabinet which has been running flawlessly as a BB2 since I got it as a conversion, does not seem to want to play nice with my main touchscreen monitor. This happens when I install a NXT3 board and supplemental BB1 PSU.  It cuts the signal to the Main monitor as soon as it finishes the BIOS check and probes for some thing I cant read off the screen because it flashes off so fast at that point. .  It will finish the clear etc. Same thing when I try to load a game it shuts down the main screen but the top remains on and I can follow the boot sequences up to the point where it looks for the 3m touch hardware and can't find it and thus shuts down the system.   My top screen is a 22 inch ACER computer monitor that works great will all the NXT 2 stuff (even Epic M and Monster JP's) it has DVI and VGA inputs.  The lower one is a Wells-Gardner WGF2258-DSAS02K also runs fine with NXT2.

Ideas about this apparent conflict with the monitor and NXT3..........??

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:39:06 PM by iramack »

Offline T

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • T New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: BB1 to BB3 Conversion Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:49:32 PM »
Have you looked over this thread? It does work.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=10127.0

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
T,

Yes of course I have read the thread. It's what inspired me to try upgrading.

I have ordered some new DVI cables as the ones I have are the older style with the middle pins missing. 

Perhaps that will help.............??

Fingers crossed.

SM

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »
A little unclear here about the CLEAR process.  Does the bottom screen display the entire clear process or just the top screen displays.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:43:40 AM »
Just the top screen displays the entire process.  However, if the top screen is disconnected, then the bottom screen stays on.

S

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 10:02:28 AM »
Is the top screen a 1080p screen or a 1650x1050 screen?  That might be your issue.  Try having both screens do the same resolution.  The Nec monitor as a top works great because it is also a 1650x1050 monitor.  Just a thought, it may not be the case, but it is worth trying.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 10:10:50 AM »
Sounds like the screens are causing the problem if the new cable don't resolve it

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
Rick,

I tried to adjust the bottom screen resolution, but the buttons apparently don't work without a signal and the signal only stays on for 15 or 20 seconds.  I'll try again when I get home.

And the cables as well..............

Thanks
S

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »
DVI is auto adjust, you can't adjust the res on DVI.  This sounds like the monitors are competing against each other for resolution and the CPU is turning the signal off.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 11:22:42 AM »
It also happens when I hook up my new 32 in monitor via DVI / HDMI cable.  It's a 720p device I believe

Which monitor should I try to swap out if that's the case??

S

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 11:32:41 AM »
Are you sure the Wells-Gardner WGF2258-DSAS02K is BB3 compatible?  I looked it up and it apparently is a Cadillac-Jack monitor.  So I am wondering if the firmware in that monitor is causing the issue.  The video card wants a 23" monitor but has to communicate with the A/D board in the monitor to resize the image to make it fit into a 22".

What brand is the 32"?

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »
LG

Yes, I am highly suspicious about the main monitor.  I was installed as a conversion for me by Chris (CP) in Houston and has worked great for me as a BB2 display.

I am going to obtain and try a BB2 touch screen monitor that is on the way soon.........  Touch screen issues tied to this as well ??

S

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »
So the LG does not have a DVI port?  I tried using a DVI/HDMI cable on a 32" and it didn't work. Image was cut off but at least I got an image.  Ended up using a DVD/DVD cable with a DVI Detective to force the monitor to scale correctly.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 12:00:25 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention that the game I was playing used a 40" top monitor so the 32" would not scale it to fit without the DVI Detective.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »
It worked fine when it was hooked up. But again, it caused the CPU to shut down the main screen.  And when loading a game, it got to the probe for touchscreen hardware, failed like 30 times, then halted the system😱

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »
Would a blade monitor work in the space on the door frame?
And then it would have the USB touch screen interface. I can't find dimensions for it on Ceronix site.

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 01:45:58 PM »
No, won't fit

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 01:52:32 PM »
I would think you could find a couple of Krystal 22"s from one of the vendors.  Those would work for BB3 right?

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 02:00:10 PM »
Bummer about that................

They are actually less expensive than the BB2 monitors on Ceronix' site.  I wonder which dimension won't work?  H, W, D ??

Jason I am considering my options on those.  I can get a BB2 cabinet ready to go with printer & bill validator, and OLED deck, minus the CPU for around 1300.  But I really want a 2e cabinet set up the same way.

Such first world problems...............lol

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 09:44:22 AM »
The monitor's firmware has some timing information that is given to the system when polled, it's EDID string.  The OEM bb2 monitors are 1650x1050 but will upscale a 1080p signal, that's why it works with a bb3 mpu.  If both monitors do not provide the same timing signals, it will have issues with the nxt3 mpu.  I've tried several monitors when I was having an issue with a particular game (turned out to be OS), but some monitors would mess up completely. I'm guessing your touchscreen issue happens because the main monitor goes into sleep mode when the signal is cut out and the circuit that powers the touchscreen is also shut off.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal