New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Haywire question i cant get it to work  (Read 1546 times)

Offline trashman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • trashman New User barely matters.trashman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Haywire question i cant get it to work
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:13:45 AM »
Hi everyone.well i got a igt haywire and i turn it on candle top is lite solid and bottom light is flashing fast or seems to me.there are no error codes in displays.coin falls right though conparitor. i  have  this paper on codes and problems.its says charge or game disabled drop door open.well the drop door switches have looked to be bypassed.i have no idea where to go from here thanks bob
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:33:02 AM by trashman »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Haywire question i cant get it to work
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:11:52 AM »
Hi everyone.well i got a igt haywire and i turn it on candle top is lite solid and bottom light is flashing fast or seems to me.there are no error codes in displays.coin falls right though conparitor. i  have  this paper on codes and problems.its says charge or game disabled drop door open.well the drop door switches have looked to be bypassed.i have no idea where to go from here thanks bob

Bob on a "new" machine like that there could be a number of things going on. There could be coins underneath the motherboard from moving the machine, you should check the fuses to see if any of them are blown. I like to pull the MPU out and check the battery for voltage or any signs of leakage. When you power the machine on do the reels get stiff or do they just free wheel? I'm going to add a picture of a power connector on the motherboard, while you're in there, take a look at it too. This shows the back side of the connector. Make sure the door is latched all the way and there is a sample coin in the comparator. Are the wires to the cash can door bypassed also? This is a start.

Dave

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:29:42 AM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:22:17 AM »

When you aren't sure what is going on then we will need that much more information. So photos are very important, and good explanations of what is or is not happening. The more you can show and tell us what you have the more likely it is that you will get the problem solved faster. Since none of us are there to see for ourselves that means we need your help to see and know what you have.

The Haywire is considered one on the more popular and fun game machines that IGT made, congratulations!   :yes:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 11:13:08 AM »
battery 6.3 volts,no blown fuses,plug wasnt burnt,no coins,coin was in coin caparitor,reels lock and you here like a click.heres a pic of machine.also it looks like for the drop box they just wired them together.i opened and closed door and now just the lower light is fast flashing and paper says drop door open.well heres pics

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
If just the bottom light is flashing and the insert coin light is on. Try putting a coin in and see if it plays. The bottom light on the candle will flash, once the door has been opened, until a paid credit is played. Then it goes off. And yes, those wires can just be hooked together. The picture shows 3 coins played and coin accepted. Have you tried pushing the spin reels button? It's lit up.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:45:54 AM by Shaggy »
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 12:16:52 PM »
The 2 wires that go to the drop box or cash box security switch can be removed from the security switch and twisted together permanently. This prevents annoying intermittent errors.

Machine photo lightened to show details.

(click to enlarge)

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:42:27 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
battery 6.3 volts,no blown fuses,plug wasnt burnt,no coins,coin was in coin caparitor,reels lock and you here like a click.heres a pic of machine.also it looks like for the drop box they just wired them together.i opened and closed door and now just the lower light is fast flashing and paper says drop door open.well heres pics

Do you mean battery 3.6 volts??  The S+ machine does not have a 6.3 volt battery as far as I know.

Opening and closing the door will clear minor errors, BUT be sure to latch the door after closing. If not latched the machine will not work.

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 01:34:00 PM »
yes it is 3.6 sorry long bad day my dog went in for major surgery.i close and latched door . yes i have pushed the credit  button nothing happens.when inserting coins they just fall through.i guess i will try the coin  [size=0px]caparitor test and check the switch credit switch.thanks everyone so far.[/size]

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
yes it is 3.6 sorry long bad day my dog went in for major surgery.i close and latched door . yes i have pushed the credit  button nothing happens.when inserting coins they just fall through.i guess i will try the coin  [size=0px]caparitor test and check the switch credit switch.thanks everyone so far.[/size]

The coin you insert into the machine must be the same as the example coin that is installed in the coin comparitor. This is called the "sample" coin. And this sample coin must be installed correctly and have the sliding cover moved over it.  Post a photo of your coin comparitor, that way we can make sure it is correct.

With the main door open, if you push the little pushbutton near the coin comparitor does that put credits on the machine? Is that the credit button that you referred to?

Also, to make sure we understand, when you say the coins just fall thru do you mean they fall into the coin tray on front of machine, or do they fall thru to the coin hopper inside the machine?

Sorry to hear about your dog, hope he is doing better soon. 

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:11 PM »
well i looked at the reel spin micro switch it was bad so game is up and running thanks everyone for your help.p.s my dog home now and dosnt have cancer. also the coins feel though to the payout pan.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
Glad you got it going. Take care of your dog.

Dave

Offline trashman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 12:38:48 AM »
she is home now and doing better.thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal