New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Fortune 1 Hopper won't stop running  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
IGT Fortune 1 Hopper won't stop running
« on: July 30, 2014, 12:29:02 PM »
I picked out a lot of 7 older Video Poker machines over the weekend.. One is an IGT Fortune 1. I powered up to find no video display, so I swapped the CRT and chassis with a known good one, and super it's working!!  :applause:  I played a couple hands and won one hand, I lifted the hopper roller 10 times and it stopped running.. Yea!!  :applause:  I coined it up to play another hand and the hopper started to run,  :Scratch-Head:.. I tried cycling the power, no help still running,  :banghead:.. I turned it back off and tapped on the relays on the board behind the hopper, lower left corner, But once powered back on the hopper continues to run?  :Scratch-Head:.. I'm thinking one of the relays on the I/O is stuck, or am I looking in the wrong area..  :EmoticonHelp4: This is the first Fortune 1 I've had that has a sound board, and it works.. I kind of like it,  :dancing_2: too bad that most were pulled from the machine..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT Fortune 1 Hopper won't stop running
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »
I was doing some reading up on the repair log section.. Belbenchtech repair logs saying for a run away hopper to change out the H11A1 opto coupler at H6 on the main board.. So I tried a different board, and I still have the run away hopper?? Is there a switch or replay on the I/O that powers on the hopper?

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 01:20:30 AM »
Gary:

I had a similar problem with my fortune one.  My game would play without a problem.  I would shut it off without  incident.  On occasion when I powered the game back up it would empty the hopper and fast!  Nothing would stop that damn hopper other than pulling the power.  My thread is here somewhere on the forum.  On the advice of one of my mentors Bill  I pulled the main board and powered the game back up.  The hopper stopped.  This told me that the problem was in the board and not the hopper wiring. 

I sent my board and the small hopper board to Larry at K-Lar.  All SEEMS to be OK so far.  Bill also told me to momentarily switch the polarity on the battery once.  I tried it and the hopper stopped running.  That must have been a coincident since K-Lar reports that my battery was as dead a Kelseys nuts. 

My game is a Fortune Coin 21 (black jack).  Photo of game is on my profile.

Please keep us posted.
Ra

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:47:19 AM »
Hi Gary, I have a couple of manuals for the Fortune 1 if you need them?

They are in PDF form if you want them, give me your e-mail address and I will sent
them to you.

I have a fortune 1 myself with the sound card and I like the noise.

Tom

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 06:57:58 AM »
Thanks.. PM Sent
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal