New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NEW FORTUNE 1 IN THE FAMILY  (Read 5036 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
NEW FORTUNE 1 IN THE FAMILY
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:16:49 AM »
This is the last one!  I had to promise.  :-) I just got a 9/6 Jacks or Better Poker game this week.  After running about $100 in quarters through  the games plays and pays perfectly. 

The machine was in pretty good shape but needs a little TLC to be top shelf.  All of the Hold/Cancel and other buttons on the deck are worn pretty good, the cooling fan is a little noisy and telling me that its on its way out,  and the service light button is missing the top piece and is a little jacked up.  None of these problems are fatal errors.  Any leads to help locate the parts would be appreciated.

On the bright side I think that the game looks really nice and clean.  The cabinet I would rate a 8or 9.  The chrome is a little worn but still shines nicely and the multi colored top glass compliments my Bally 5 coin 809 glass nicely.  It also came with the stand.

Is there an official Coin Op addiction treatment program? 

Pictures attached for your expert inspection and comments

Ra

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: NEW FORTUNE 1 IN THE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:17:15 AM »

Congratulations on your find, it is an attractive machine. A question though, from looking at the top glass payoff table it doesn't seem to be a Jacks or Better machine. It takes a minimum of two pair to win anything, right? A pair of Jacks doesn't win anything, isn't shown on the pay table. Am I looking at this wrong?

Nonetheless it is a nice video poker machine and the oak stand makes for a complete deal. Hopefully you will be able to run down the various parts you want to spruce it up nicely. What is written on the red rectangular sign affixed to the button deck just to the left of the coin entry?

Yes, there are treatment programs for this affliction,,,,,,,,,,,,but no cure.  :no:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:34:14 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply.  Keen observation.  You are right,  the paytable on the glass does not list Jacks or better.  The red plaque, now cleaned up nicely with a toothbrush, announces the Jacks or Better payout.  One problem that I failed to mention in the initial post.  This games, like my TV Dice game does not divert the incoming  coins from the hopper to the overflow below properly.  I changed the micro switch on the hopper and still the same result.  This problem has defeated me before.  I just don't know what to do or how to fix it.  For now I will keep an eye on the level in the hopper to prevent quarters rolling around causing shorts in my cabinet.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »
PS:

Now I know that I cannot be cured from the coin op disease I will tell my wife to back off and deal with it!
Lets see how that goes over.

Ra

Offline The Fatman

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 01:35:35 PM »
Hello my friend ... Gordy said you found one. Is the diverter anything like the Bally EM slots? If so you can bend that tab in to hold it back to keep the coins going into the hopper. But, I have never had one of these so ... all I have done is to fix a monitor for Gordy. Hope the snow is leaving.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »
Nice machine Ra.. I've had a couple here in the last year. I put all buttons in mine. I found that the small IGT deck buttons from the S2000 work great. I didn't have to do any cutting and the wiring plugged right on to the new buttons. As for the service light button, I would bet that you could just swap out the push button.
Does your Fortune 1 have sound? I have one in storage I'm going to start working on when the weather warms up that does.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »
Dave and Gary:

Yes. I am going to get a boat load of parts and some glass from Gordy my next trip down your way.   I will be getting my shopping list ready this week.  Actually, I still would like to take a look at Gordy's game if it is still available when  I drive down.   I have been shoveling snow and thawing frozen pipes for what seems like forever.

Gary the game does have sound.  I was surprised get one with the sound working.  My first poker was a jokers wild and the sound worked about 40% of the time.  I got frustrated and turned the volume all the way down and did without it.  I kind of like that the game holds credits.  My first game with that feature.  Mr friend told me that if I get another coin op game I will have to start stacking them one on top of each other.  It ain't that bad but it is close.

Ra

Offline The Fatman

• The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.The Fatman Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 05:06:45 PM »
Look forward to meeting up again. When I have had a sound issue being intermittent, I change out the potentiometer and that usually fixes it on my pins. Other than that I have a loose connection or bad solder around a pin.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I hope that you are recovering well. 

Remember that I am a Bally EM man and I ain't no expert at that.  Soldering boards and such is all new to me.  I am a little unsure what to do with these beasts.  Perhaps, if you would allow me to,  I can look over your shoulder and learn a few things when the weather breaks.

Ra

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Not a problem at all. As far as healing ..... not so well. A week ago around 3AM, in bed shifting position, my ribs at the spine went snap. Felt like I had fallen all over again. Had only 2 pain pills left and that didnt last long. I made it until Thursday and just couldnt stand it any longer. Before when I had xrays, they showed nothing. Well this time, they showed 3 fractured ribs.That can explain the pain and slow healing. But, back on the meds and healing is quicker and should be off of them by Wednesday I am hoping. I hate them, make me feel squirley, but they do make breathing easier.
Take care and talk to you soon.
Dave
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 07:57:25 PM »
If the drugs make you feel squirley then I can buy a lot of wobbly looking pottery.  LOL

I will keep you in my prayers.

Ra

Offline The Fatman

• NLG
    • Fatmans Pottery
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »
At this point, cant even work with clay. The pressure I have to use with my right hand to center is too much. I am working on lefty right now and hope it wont be long. I can throw with one hand, but not tall, only short mugs and bowls. I would love to give you one of my one handed wobbly pots when we meet again.
Dave F
Dave ... AFKA
The Fatman

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal