New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2000 EPROM Questions  (Read 1959 times)

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
Bally E2000 EPROM Questions
« on: May 08, 2015, 06:19:24 PM »
While troubleshooting a narrow body E2209-44 machine that threw a malfunction code, I discovered an odd checksum on a 659183 P1 chip ending with 20. Replaced it with a different P1 chip, now the CPU is fully functional. The P2 chip on this machine is a 000900. This slot, as I'm told by Barry at Foxslotts, uses unusual and proprietary EPROMs, no data available. I can find no reference to these EPROMs anywhere, as the E755 chips are numbered -64, -65, and -66. All of the E machines I have use -80, -47, -48 and/or -102 M chips plus various 2701 and 3701 P2 chips.

Trying to find a pattern with the data in the Bally EPROMs. After looking at dozens of them, I have concluded that, in summing the data, the checksums on each have a distinct footprint that can't be changed. I have reason to believe that any deviation whatsoever in those checksums will result in an error code, preventing power-up.

M1, M2, M3 and P2: All checksums end in 00 (least significant bits), so typical checksums would be AF00 or something.
P1: always ends in 56, typical checksum would be 2F56 or something similar.

EDIT: I did find one P1 chip whose sum ended in 60 instead of 56 and is fully functional on a machine I have. Now I'm totally confused.

Can any of you Bally experts shed some light on this?

Offline jancsi

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • jancsi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally E2000 EPROM Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 06:22:57 AM »
Try reading it with lower voltage,it maybe help for you.
Put one or two  seriel diode to VCC  (it will drop 0,6-0,7 or 1,2 -1,4 Volt lower VCC  ) while reading eprom content.
Jancsi from Hungary.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Bally E2000 EPROM Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:18:06 AM »
my documentation shows the 64 65 66 eproms are "DMI INTERNATIONAL - CUSTOM VERSION" 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal