New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: DBV-145 - Upgrade Board Features  (Read 4625 times)

Offline pinwizman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pinwizman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • pinwizman
DBV-145 - Upgrade Board Features
« on: June 17, 2015, 10:29:09 PM »
I have a DBV-145 that takes the 1 dollar bill ok, but nothing else, I've been told there is no update for the new bills for a 145. I found this web page showing a Pyramid 5 U-1000 Upgrade Board. I was wondering if anyone has bought one and what they thought of it? Also if bought what it cost? Is it worth getting sense I can't seem to find a validator that id updated that will work in my Bally 5500.

http://www.pyramid5.com/u1100.html

Thanks Rob

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: DBV-145 - Upgrade Board Features
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »
I've never seen or heard of that board. If you just post a Want to Buy in the classifieds, you will find the validator you need. You can upgrade to a DBV-200, which will take everything but the new $20 and $100, or upgrade to a WBA and you will be set for many years.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »
I gave them a call, interesting that I've never run across them before, they told me they had been in business for over 12 years. They make their own bill acceptors and also make upgrade boards for the old DBV-145 (and other JCM heads) that allow them to work with all the new bills. They sell the board itself with software for about $100, you tell them what brand your machine is (CDS, IGT, Bally, etc). Most hobbyists will probably try to find a lower cost way to upgrade but it is an option if your old DBV works but won't take new style bills. Evidently they sell a lot of them, especially overseas, from what the rep told me.

The rep said he hadn't actually installed one himself, he was a salesman, so couldn't tell me how the board was installed. The picture of it makes me think it is plugged into the eprom socket of the DBV-145 board (after removing the eprom). But there isn't much room inside the DBV head to do that so maybe it completely replaces the old board. Their website says it "only takes 5 minutes" to install.

Here is their main website:

http://pyramidacceptors.com/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:48:07 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
I have a DBV-145 that takes the 1 dollar bill ok, but nothing else, I've been told there is no update for the new bills for a 145. I found this web page showing a Pyramid 5 U-1000 Upgrade Board. I was wondering if anyone has bought one and what they thought of it? Also if bought what it cost? Is it worth getting sense I can't seem to find a validator that id updated that will work in my Bally 5500.

http://www.pyramid5.com/u1100.html

Thanks Rob

Rob,

Some would say to upgrade to a much newer bill acceptor but for lowest cost you can simply swap the DBV-145 with a DBV-200 and get some improvement to your situation for not a lot spent. I'm not saying it is your best option, that depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to end up with as far as the machine taking all new bills or just enough to make the game easy to play at home.

If your machine worked with a DBV-145 then you can usually replace it with a DBV-200. It is a somewhat newer model and usually offers more choices in what bills you can use than the DBV-145 does, since the -200 usually had later software releases available than the -145 did. It probably won't have software new enough to let it work with all the latest US bills but should work with more than just the $1 bill.

The DBV-200 is a direct replacement for the DBV-145 and although it too is older there are still plenty of working ones around. Look on your existing DBV-145, see what the ID number is, such as "ID-044" or "ID-044P". That is what type of DBV-200 you'd need to install. If possible, post a picture of your DBV-145 showing the top portion where the nameplate sticker is.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:50:03 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal