New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: What Version?  (Read 4741 times)

Offline Crash0

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Crash0 New User barely matters.Crash0 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
What Version?
« on: April 04, 2014, 07:54:59 AM »
I love the mame emulator, been using it for years for many games. I have a question however. What version was used to get Players Edge set38 rom to work?
I know how it's done, but haven't been able to actually get it to work properly for the BV. The rest of the game, coin in, setup, ect all work fine.
AD/HD Highwa....Oh hey look squirrel!!

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: What Version?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:00:38 PM »
Get the most recent version MAME 153 it has the most PE+ games supported.  To use the set038 chip, the driver says:

1) What are "set chips" ?

They are meant to be used after you have already sucessfully put a new game in your machine.
    Lets say you have 'pepp0516' installed and you go through the setup. In a real machine,
    you may want to add a bill validator. The only way to do that is to un-socket the 'pepp0516'
    chip and put in the 'peset038' chip and then reboot the machine. Then this chip's program
    runs and you set the options and put the 'pepp0516' chip back in.

The only way to simulate this is to fire up the 'pepp0516' game and set it up. Then exit the
    game and copy the cmos & i2cmem files from your 'pepp0516' directory (in NVRAM) to the peset038
    directory in NVRAM, and then run the 'peset038' program. This is because they have to have the
    same eeprom and cmos data in memory to work. When you are done with the 'peset038' program,
    you copy the cmos & i2cmem files back into the pepp0516 directory and restart the pepp0516 game.
    'peset038' is just a utility program with one screen and 3 tested inputs.

Hope that helps.

BrianT

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
I have done that, setup game, copy files over, run 038 then copy them back to game. I still can not get it to work tried 144b to newest mame

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:03:45 PM »
Ok I downloaded the latest version of MAME, and downloaded a few roms, set chip ect...
Ran the game, did the set up,  played a couple hands.
Exited MAME, copied the nvram files for game to setchip nvram files. opened MAME ran set chip, saved settings, exited.
Copied Set chip nvram back to game nvram. ran game. Game works fine, but bill still doesn't work and settings say enabled.
I don't know if I'm missing something or what, but haven't been able to get to work yet.

Offline Crash0

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
I got it now, a few more steps to set up however.
1: Download and extract  M.A.M.E. 0153b, to it's own folder.
2: Download  peset038 and pe rom(s) of your choice, and put in rom folder of mame.
3: start mame, select game, and run it. before it gets to main game, will need to hit O, K, O, L(on K may need to hold until you hear ding)
4: Hit O then K this will take you into set up. (for assigned keys you can always hit TAB key) go through entire set up close door and play a game or 2
5: Next exit out of game to main menu, and select peset038 and run it. Once it's up exit it (esc) then (Esc) again to leave mame.
6: in the mame folder there should be a folder called nvram now. Open it. You will now see a couple of more files inside. 1 for the game, and 1 for the set chip.
7: Open the game file, and copy the 2 files that are there. back out of that folder and open set chip file. Paste what you copied into the file and click replace.
8: go back to mame and run it. select peset038 and run it. Once in select your denom, and activate Bill Acceptor. Press K to save changes.
9: Exit out of mame, and go back to nvram folder. open peset038 file and copy both items.
10: Go back to game file, and paste, and replace.
11: run mame again, and select your game, and run it.
12: once in game press O to open door, the K to enter set up. when you get to bill limit, I set same as hopper 9999, set to your preference.
13. finish settings close door with O. now hit TAB key and go to game config. select your preferred size bill, and BV - ID.
press Esc to get back to game. then try adding credits through BV by pressing 6 or in some cases U. If it doesn't work, either try changing ID, or play until you have credits, and re-try.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal