New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Elite V32 Blank Screen  (Read 7376 times)

Offline white2262

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • white2262 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bally Elite V32 Blank Screen
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
Ok. I powered the machine down. Opened the top (swing out monitor). Powered the machine back up and
watched the entire time of booting. There was NOT, at anytime, an LED of any color, red, green or amber,
that lit up ANYWHERE on the back of the monitor. I can see the board with all the switches & the LED
clearly, and the LED did not come on.

OK, So you are saying the caps on the video card are probably bad. I am assuming the video card is inside
the MPU, that's where the DUAL VGA outputs are. SO, I have a few questions. Do I have to remove the entire
MPU or just the video card? How hard is is to remove? It is a Dual Output Video Card, Bally P/N 200951. How
much would a "new" card be? As I am NOT good with electrical stuff or soldering. How hard is it to replace?
THANKS to ALL who have been helping me with this problem. I don't reaaly want to drive the monitor to
Arizona (two hours one way) to have it rebuilt and find out that was not the problem. My "favorite" machine, 
THIS ONE, has been down since June 21, 2015 (RIDICULOUS) and I cannot get a call or text or email returned
from the Tech Dept??? where I purchased the machine from.. THANK YOU ALL!!! :thank_you:

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »
It's like a PC.  You slide the mpu out of the cage and you will see the only card installed inside the mpu.  The price on the cards vary, and it can be as much as $150 and as low as $45 for untested ones. 

My guess is your monitos is bad as well.  Unplug the vga cable from the card or the monitor and then power up the system.  There should be some buttons on the back of the monitor.  Try hitting the menu button to see if you get something on screen.  Or look at the screen shortly after you power up with no vga cable connected, on 90% of monitors you will get a message that says No Signal.

So am I right in understanding that you did hook up a pc monitor to the dual vga card and nothing came up on the monitor?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
OK, part of the issue has been fixed. Yesterday, I removed the cover from the power supply.
on the back of the monitor and found that the connector (that comes from the power cord
socket) INSIDE the housing, had not been plugged in, after the re-capping and installation
of the power supply. THAT explains not getting an LED on back of the monitor. I now have
the green LED, but still not getting text or anything on the monitor, so as mentioned, I guess
it narrows it down to the "brain box" or video card.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 11:20:00 PM »
Yes, rickhunter, that's correct, I did hook up a monitor the the VGA output on the video card and got NOTHING.. No text, no message, nothing.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 11:40:18 PM »
Remove the video card and check for bulging caps.

Without the video card, hook up the monitor to the MPUs VGA port. You won't be able to load the game, but you should be able to see the boot up. You need the video card for the game to load vertically, but at least you can test your monitor to make sure you get an image.
-------
Charles

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal