New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Hopper stops after 1 coin out.  (Read 13931 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: Hopper stops after 1 coin out.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 04:56:46 PM »
The odds reset relay allows odds reset solenoid to work. Find that relay and push it down to see if solenoid fires.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline capt7310

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • capt7310 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 06:21:09 AM »
This is the upper unit that I think all the problems are coming from. From the pics anything looks like a problem.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »
Paul,

Attached are photos of a resistor and the odds reset relay. The resistor is located in these switch stacks, second set down.
Not sure you can reach in with a dowel rod or narrow stick and press the top of the odds reset relay with the machine on.
This relay resets the odds unit back to 1 coin. See if that works.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 06:05:03 PM »
If you can remove your top lite or drop it down you can see the relays and press them down -- carefully

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 05:48:16 PM »
I think I may have found the problem. I've attached some pics to explain that it might be another coil C28-1100.  I removed the light and watched the coil and when the first coin was inserted the plunger on the coil did not go up it was after the second coin the coil plunger went up. After the payout the coil plunger never came back down I had to manually push it down. It seems that the coil is not resetting? the insert coin light worked and the 1-5 coin lights worked as they should, and the arm worked as it should, but as long as the coil shaft/plunger remained up nothing worked. So is it possible that coil is bad.   [/size]

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2016, 07:49:52 PM »
Paul,

Best to test the coil to see if it works. Going to set up a little test in the morning.
Using the coin switch as the power source and two jumpers to a coil.
Making all connections with the machine off. Re-power the machine and hit the switch to see what happens.
This is the easiest way I can think of without having a spare transform for testing.
Let me give it a try first as I don't want your machine to get damaged.
Anyone else have an easy way to test a coil please post.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2016, 08:20:36 PM »
Your odds reset solenoid also has an odds reset relay that makes the solenoid fire. Find that relay and push it down it should make the solenoid work.  Looks like a 21 wire to the relay coil.   Look at your 'odds open at 0 switches for proper adjustment. They are sticking up below your reset solenoid and opened/closed by tabs on your white plastic odds gear...

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2016, 08:27:14 PM »
You can test a coil by jumping a wire from the 30 wire (solid yellow) to the NON-orange side of the coil with it in circuit. Out of machine you need orange jumper and solid yellow jumper to fire any 50V coil.   To check all coils in top unit jumper orange to any orange on any coil and then touch yellow jumper to other side of any coil. You only need to jump to one orange as they are all the same connection

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
Thanks Mr. Reno,

Great easy way to test a coil.
I inlarged your reply on the iPad and took a screen shot of it for reference.

Thanks again

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 08:39:53 PM »
There is a picture of his odds relay in post #22.. It's the lower relay.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
OK took a jumper wire from the yellow on the coil and when the plunger was up and not resetting took the other end of the jumper and touched it to a blue wire off one of the other coils and it went down.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
You can check your relays (coil with switches and plate to actuate them) and your solenoid (big coil with plunger that does mechanical movement). Now realize the odds unit will only reset with 2 or more coins played. If one coin only then it does not need to reset. So play 2 coins and then reach into top unit & push down on odds reset relay armature. You should then hear odds reset solenoid fire and coin light go back to one coin

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
Yes that's exactly what happened. 2 coins in plunger went up, I pressed the reset plunger back down and the coin light went back to one.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 05:34:17 PM »
Did you push the odds reset relay or the odds reset solenoid???
The relay controls the solenoid. If the relay does not close its switches then machine cannot pulse the solenoid.

Sorry I am distracted, finally got access to a website I'm working on. Secretsolarinstitute.org which had been blocked until I paid them my 'dues'...lol
So I'll only be half here for a bit.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 06:20:22 PM »
I assume the machine still doesn't take a coin(s).
There are a few switches in between that coil.  Maybe need cleaning, out of adjustment or loose wire.
Jon posted a link to a schematic awhile back. There are a couple on this form.
I'll see if I can send you a link or send a copy of the one I have.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 05:32:40 AM by DavidLee »

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2016, 03:32:48 AM »
The machine takes coins but the issue is it will not reset. Mr. Reno I pushed down on the Reset Coil after the 2 coins were put in and like you said it reset back to 1 coin and all the lights functioned correctly. Again I'm not that good at the electrical end but I'm thinking it's that coil because everything works fine as soon as I reset the coil. The photo's IMG 2404 and 2410 are what I'm resetting.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:55:17 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 05:00:12 AM »
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=10610.0

A while back I had Reno post this it's really good information on the reset circuit he is much better spoken than I am it might help you out if you do actually need a call let me know I think I still have a hundred of those reset coils in stock

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »
Your pic 2406 shows odds reset relay. Pushing down on that makes the reset solenoid turn on.  (Only if you have played more than on coin. If you have jumpered and tested all the coils in your top unit and they all fired then you probably have an open switch. Look at the switches in 2404 -- they are your open at zero odds (1 coin played) and they (at least 2 of them )should close after 2nd coin in.
Zero odds means 1 coin plaYed. 1st odds means odds stepped one time which means 2 coins played  2 odds means 3 coins played etc.  watch those 4 sets of switches as you push down  the odds step up solenoid several times and then also when you push reset solenoid. Every switch on that stack should change position ( change state) at least once. No switch should stay either open. Or stay closed as you cycle the odds assy

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 04:43:55 PM »
Hey guys, OK I've have traced the orange wires from the step up coil with one orange to the reset coil and the other orange from the reset coil to the beauplug and all is good. I've check the line unit step up relay and when the reset coil plunger is up it will activate the step up coil. When the reset coil plunger is up the line unit reset relay buzzes like crazy until I push down on the reset coil plunger, then everything works, meaning the 1-5 coin lights work and the insert coin and coin accepted works. When the reset coil plunger is down the wiper assembly advances as it should from 1-5 coins, as soon as I pull the arm the reset coil plunger remains up the wiper assy does not reset back the lights for the coins 1-5 remain lit and the insert coin light does not come on and the pull arm relay latch does not reset, BUT as soon as I push down on the reset coil all good. I looked up a reset coil on ebay, and by no means you guys are the experts and I'm going by your advise but everything I do comes back to that relay...can it be bad? I have another Ballys but don't want to start switching parts that machine works nice and I have the fear factor that I might screw up my other machine. 

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 05:53:26 PM »
Ok first, the line unit (odds disc) does not reset until you push down on the coin in switch on the door. That starts a new game and resets the odds.
Your line unit reset relay and the reset solenoid BOTH use the "open at zero" switches as in my last post. If they are not closed after 2nd coin is inserted, then they will not get signal to reset the odds.
Please verify that your open at zero odds sws are closing after 2 coins in. If they don't you won't get reset of odds.
Step up your odds unit by hand and watch those switches. If you have tested/jumpered your odds reset relay coil and it works then that is not the problem.  Please check those switches for proper working and also the odds reset relay sws too.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal