New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Progressive Gaming e-gads LED Display  (Read 8266 times)

Offline JimL

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JimL New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Progressive Gaming e-gads LED Display
« on: April 26, 2014, 10:14:18 PM »

I picked up a Tri Color LED board and was wondering if anyone had any info on it? I know it takes the PSP software to program it. But does anyone have a manual or any other help on it? It's a Progressive Gaming E-GADS Model # AD0301 - 24. Running Elite v4.44

Thanks, Jim

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:01:50 AM by JimL »

Offline JimL

• JimL New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Progressive Gaming e-gads LED Display
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
Here's a couple more.

Offline greenhouse effect

• Reputation Power: 1
  • greenhouse effect New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »
hello.
i have the same unit. i only want to use it as a sign, but cant find a manual. i opened it up, but couldnt see any mikohn controllers. can anyone help?

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
These are the Elite series of displays. If you have been successful transferring graphics to the display using PSP, please let me know. The Elite models after PGI took over the Mikohn sign portion of the business used 2 proprietary programs for conversion and transfer to the meter. These would be Point and Shoot and Build LFS, near to impossible to obtain. They also use a remote to program text and change colors/features. I have a manual for the Elites but am at work right now. They come in RGY and RGB models.

Dan (tacman)

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 07:05:06 PM »
Dan, Thank you so much for your reply. Ive been unsuccessful getting the computer to communicate with the controller. I've done everything suggested on the forum. Ive made the proprietary serial cable, configured the port to com 1, etc. Using PSP I've had no luck. Ive tried version 2 and 3 and all options in both.
I'd love it if i could locate a remote for the unit or a manual to begin with.
Again, Im just using it as a sign, no game attached.
Thanks again for your reply

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
Also, Are these programs dos based? I'm gonna try everything to locate the programs. Will I need to obtain both and see which will work with the unit, or will either one suffice?

You are my hero of the week :thank_you:

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »
The LFS build program is what will convert .fli/.flc animations to the proper proprietary animation code. The Point & Shoot program will program the animation sequences to the meter. So you will need both programs. The transfer is also only one way, you cannot copy animations already on the meter, only send new animations. There are limited memory capabilities on these meters as well. Also I believe these are windows programs.

Dan (tacman)

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »
wow! you're fast!
Do you have the manual in a PDF Format?

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
I'll look and see what I have. Is there an e-mail in your profile?

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 08:01:24 PM »
yes sir.
Thank you!
 :thank_you: :applause:

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »
The manuals that you sent were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. There are a variety of remotes available online. Do you think an will work with this unit? Here is an example
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptive-Micro-Systems-Alpha-IR-Remote-Control-for-Marquees-and-LED-Signs-/171575354919?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f2b02627
There is also a variety of other software online for tricolor boards. Is this a waste of time or do I need the proprietary software?
Thanks again.

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 08:15:27 AM »
Any remotes other than the one pictured in the manuals would be a crap shoot. Since PSP has no effect on these Elites and they actually had proprietary programs would lead me to believe that these are your only options. The 3rd party programmer for this software is Sakura, I think one of the manuals has them listed.

Dan (tacman)

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 11:55:56 PM »
Ok. Thank you. The search is on for the software. I'll post here. Do you have any other suggestions on where I may find the software?

The Sakura website is interesting. The logo matches the one on the manual, but there are no links on the page. Not even an email address. There is a PO box in the Pacific in a country I had to google. I guess I could write a letter and wait a month.

Also, now that I've had time to read through the pdfs, I noticed that mikhon con2 is a supported protocol. There were plenty of other supported protocols as well. Is it possible that one of these protocols has software that might work?

The manual also showed the serial pinout. I don't know if it's the same as the modified cable on this forum, but I'll dig into that later I guess.

thanks again for all of your help

Offline w8one

• w8one New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 06:51:15 PM »
Have you gotten anywhere with this? I bought 2 ad0203im-19 led displays and was wondering if you got yours working?
quando omni flunkus moritati

Offline boffin

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • boffin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 09:32:25 PM »
I'm looking for much the same thing.  Any info on the machines, or the software.

Someone mentioned a proprietary serial cable?  Have you got the pinout?  That at least would be a start

Offline w8one

• w8one New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 12:17:37 PM »
I have never received any response or found the software for mine. I looked in the members section for the "point & shoot" and "lfs Lbuild" program's but found nothing. I had no luck with opening the serial port either. If i could get the software it wouldn't be to hard to make a windows 7 program for it.
quando omni flunkus moritati

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal