New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ Barcrest - No Topbox Sound  (Read 4449 times)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
S+ Barcrest - No Topbox Sound
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »
Thought I would start new thread as I didn't want to hijack BR549s too much...

S+ Top Dollar Barcrest - Game plays perfectly, normal game play sounds, bonus round works as it should, only there is NO SOUNDS DURING BONUS ROUND. Found 2 Volume adjustments in TopBox (MPU4), adjusted both to no avail.  :banghead:

Pulled white Sound Card Module, reseated the 3 sound EPROMs and cleaned connectors. There is evidence of some heat damage in one area of the white cover (at the end where the brown heat sink sticks through), board "looked" okay, but who knows.

Any suggestions? Or am I at the mercy of the Classifieds gods?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Roz
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S+ Barcrest - No Topbox Sound
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
I don't know much about them other than the fact that the bonus game sound is indeed generated from the sound card in the Barcrest module in the top box, so at least you're looking in the right place.  I just played some S+ Top Dollar and Pinball games at The D in downtown Las Vegas, and none of them had working bonus sound.

(On the plus side, that netted me over $40 with no risk as people hit the bonus on their final credit, didn't realize it (no sound), and walked away!)
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline dale

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • dale New User barely matters.dale New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
Did you look on the bottom of the white game frame? There is a volume control that is imbedded in there that can be adjusted by using a small screw driver that is bent 90 degrees.
There is also volume control in the settings, either 58 or 59. One is for attract time the other is for volume, I don't have my notes handy to give you the exact number.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:36:31 PM »
We played around with both volume adjustments we found. One was on the back wall, on the MPU4, and the other was on the white sound card. Is that the one you're talking about Dale?

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:03:54 AM »
Yeah that's one...
Go to page 2-1 or 2-0, turn the jackpot key to 58. 58-0 is volume turned off. You can adjust sound volume 1 through 10 with 10 being the loudest.
There is one more place to adjust sound if this doesn't work.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 08:21:32 AM »
Thanks! But one issue with the 2-0/2-1...we're running a funky SP1100 that came in machine, and cannot get/find a 2-0! Goes from 1-0 to 10-1? I don't have a PSR, but had seen old posts (by you) indicating the 2-0 adjustment as well!

What's the chance BOTH of the volume adjustments are out/not working in the top box? Seems unlikely to me, but ???:Scratch-Head:

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 408
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 08:39:19 AM »
I'm just wondering if you're allowed to make any sound changes while there may be credits on the machine?
You may have to play out any remaining credits first?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
Not sure why you cannot access that page, I have never seen an S+ SP not able to, of course I am far from an expert.
I used SP985 and SP1113, I think that another Type 33 is an SP1024.
An obvious question, no credits on the machine and the coin tray is seated correctly?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:56:28 AM »
Yep, no credits and tray is in. I'll mess with it today if I get some time. This machine WILL be working soon. After replacing over 100 bulbs in that top feature, there's no going back now!  :cool_thumb_up:

Thanks for your help guys! If you think of anything else, let me know!

Offline dale

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
Another dumb suggestion but you are pushing the DIAGNOSTIC BUTTON and not the Jackpot Key to get through the menu?

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 10:02:30 PM »
Ha! There ARE no dumb questions at THIS POINT!  :rotfl: But, yah, both JP key and button flip from 1-0 to 10-0??? It's weird, we were standing there in front if going "WTF?? What are we missing here?" It's probably user error, so don't be surprised!  :rotfl:

To be honest, I haven't got back to it. We've had some med appts and stuff going on that has us "pre-occupied"...I'll report back just as soon as I can.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal