New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 61-1 stuck  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
61-1 stuck
« on: November 25, 2017, 08:21:13 AM »
i picked up an S+ top dollar, game was working ok but DBA wasnt active I wanted to turn that on. I used my s+ denom chip to activate it then got stuck at a 61-1 after doing that, so then went and did a ram clear. games still stuck at 61-1 ..... did a ram clear again then denom set, followed by reinstalling the board and hitting reset button to get 61 to go to 61-1, close the door and cycle key but it never boots it just hangs there.... what the hell
chips in the game are SP978 and SS8850
I have 2 ram clear chips here i used I dont know what they are they just say S+ ram clear no numbers on them
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:06:23 AM by mike111 »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: 61-1 stuck
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:33:53 AM »
Are you sure the door optics are aligned and working? When closing the door you also have to latch it so that the sliding locking bar will align the door optic with the optic part on the cabinet. When you close and latch the door watch the front display, you should see it blink off then back on. That will tell you that the optics are ok.

If the optics are not working properly you are wasting your time Clearing the ram. That will put you in the category of a "serial CLEAR chip abuser".   :garfield:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
i picked up an S+ top dollar, game was working ok but DBA wasnt active I wanted to turn that on. I used my s+ denom chip to activate it then got stuck at a 61-1 after doing that, so then went and did a ram clear.

That's a pretty extreme measure for being stuck at a 61 error immediately after the machine was working properly.

Likely causes: your door optics are broken, installed incorrectly, are not aligned properly, or you have a door open (bill validator stacker ("cash can") door, or belly door if your machine is equipped with a switch).  Since the machine had been working, you can probably eliminate them being installed incorrectly, unless you unhooked them while you were activating the bill validator.  You can probably also cross off them not being aligned correctly, so long as you have the door firmly closed and the latch all the way down, again since the machine had been working.  That leaves either they gave up the ghost (or a wire broke off one of them while you were doing the SET chip procedure), or you still have a door being detected as open.

When you close and latch the door watch the front display, you should see it blink off then back on. That will tell you that the optics are ok.

It's been a while since I've had to clear a 61 error, but are you sure that's the case when the machine is displaying a 61 or 61-1?  I'm not sure that the displays blank there when the door is closed, but I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 02:40:32 PM »
What are you using for a Set chip, what number? I no S+ expert, but maybe the Top Dollar running the SP978 chip needs a different Set chip the the standard #15..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 03:05:33 PM »
As posted earlier sometimes the EEPROM gets stuck, that is the small 8 pin chip on the backplane board.
One solution that seemed to work was to plug another MPU board board in with different programs and that would un-block the EEPROM them plug in your game board.

Another thing I have found is the 6 pin power connector had a burnt pin which was causing a constant 61. I don't know why but to fix it I cleaned the pins on the backplane power connector with a
pink eraser then removed each pin from the white plug and cleaned them and spread them out and the 61 was able to get cleared.

Worst case the RAM chip on the MPU board is not getting battery voltage. I have received boards where the battery was glued, taped, or rubber banded in place or some one had tried soldering leads
to the stainless steel case of the battery. Tin/lead solder will not make a good connection and will eventually fail as the only thing actually holding the wires to the battery is sticky flux.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »
It's been a while since I've had to clear a 61 error, but are you sure that's the case when the machine is displaying a 61 or 61-1?  I'm not sure that the displays blank there when the door is closed, but I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I thought that's the way it worked, but could be wrong, maybe if there is an error on the machine it won't blink the display. Maybe someone can say for sure.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 04:01:48 PM »
had to be corrupt ram , i swapped the ram chip from another S+ board I have here and its back up and running......

running sp978 what do i need for a set chip to turn the dba on ? i dont want this to happen again if i use the wrong chip ....sp978
and ss8850     anyone know the % as well ??

thanks

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
running sp978 what do i need for a set chip to turn the dba on ? i dont want this to happen again if i use the wrong chip ....sp978

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

SP978 for your Top Dollar game calls for SET053 to enable the bill validator.  Other SET chips may work, but no guarantees.

Per an old list I found, SS8850 has a payback of 92.499%.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

SP978 for your Top Dollar game calls for SET053 to enable the bill validator.  Other SET chips may work, but no guarantees.

Per an old list I found, SS8850 has a payback of 92.499%.

thank you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal