New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally s6000 error 40 help  (Read 4720 times)

Offline BZ123

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BZ123 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally s6000 error 40 help
« on: December 14, 2017, 03:57:23 PM »
Hi! New here, I recently got my hands on a Bally s6000 not knowing anything about what makes these things work I plugged it in and hoped for the best first error I got was 8100 did some research landed here and was sure a new battery(AA battery swap) would do the trick soldered the pack in got some clear chips off ebay and followed the directions to do a complete safe arm clear went fine but first thing I notice upon reboot with eproms back in is only reel #1 and #2 are moving trying to calibrate #3 not moving at all keep getting error code 40 I've tried the process with same results not many answers out there about fixing error code 40 any ideas would be appreciated thanks!

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Bally s6000 error 40 help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »
Try swapping reel 1 with reel 3 and clear again. See if the problem follows the reel.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 06:24:06 PM »
Try swapping reel 1 with reel 3 and clear again. See if the problem follows the reel.
The whole reel or just where they plug in? I'm rather new sorry lol

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
Unplug reels 1 & 3, then swap them out to see if your problem follow the reel assembly.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:17:36 PM »
Unplug the entire reel(s) and swap them.

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »
Upon reinserting chip u43 one of the legs broke and I'm not getting any response after clear any idea where I can get main eproms or any other alternative?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »
Upon reinserting chip u43 one of the legs broke and I'm not getting any response after clear any idea where I can get main eproms or any other alternative?

If you have the leg, it can be soldered back on.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »

If you have the leg, it can be soldered back on.

Ok I'll give it a shot I found some leave in mains online says they come with printer support I'd like to purchase some just to have anything I should look out for when buying them or are they all just pretty much direct replacement as long as they are for the s6000?

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
Got the leg soldered back on booted it back up after swapping wheel 1 and 3 this time only reel #2 started to shake still throwing code 40 and 50(pretty sure that's just the open door code) any ideas?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
For some reason you are still not getting a full clear.
Are you holding test and pseudo buttons in  and watching for CHC then CLC?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »
I had one machine a while back that I had to hold those 2 buttons down for well over 30 seconds before I received the CLC in the display.
And remember...

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »
heres a video of whats going on
reel #1 and 3 are swapped there

https://youtu.be/6LwX37W1p00

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
You didn't finish the clear procedure.
You have to put in the game chips and LEAVE the door open until the board does it's reel seek.
Until you see a 50 code on the door after the reels finish seeking to position 1 on all reels you cannot close the door.

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
Ended up being that I wasn't seating the board firmly enough in place its up and running now just gotta figure out how to get the bill acceptor to take cash thanks for the help y'all definitely will be making a donation to the site!

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:48 PM »
Check your DIP switch settings. I got one in that would not take bills and it was set for a Mars acceptor, the machine actually had a JCM in it.

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »
Check your DIP switch settings. I got one in that would not take bills and it was set for a Mars acceptor, the machine actually had a JCM in it.
How would I go about doing that?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »
DIP switch DS2 sets that option.

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
DIP switch DS2 sets that option.

I believe I have a WBA 13 SS  DS2 switches are 1,2,4,6,7 off and 3,5,8 on is that what I should be looking for?

Also noticed the sticker on the front of acceptor says WBA 13 SS and back sticker on it says JCM WBA 21 SS?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2017, 11:16:29 PM »
Turn all bill validator switches off and try it.
The DIP switch bank I am referring to is on the main 6000 board DIP switch #2.

Offline BZ123

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 11:26:21 PM »
Where is that located I assume your not referring to the mpu ds2?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal