New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fast Flash on Bottom Candle, IGT S-Plus Haywire Slot  (Read 8660 times)

ajenka

Fast Flash on Bottom Candle, IGT S-Plus Haywire Slot
« on: August 24, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »
Hi,  I have an S-Plus Haywire machine with a 10 Mz Moboard and a bill validator. I've had this for a couple of years, replaced the battery, a coin knife and reset the BV and I have a reset key for it.
Starting a month ago, when I turn the slot on it runs through its startup, the reels spin, the BV resets and turns, a 0 shows in the Coins Played and everything looks/sounds right, then all lights go out, the bottom candle light flashes fast and a 2 shows up in the Coins Played window, no other lights or buttons are lit and it stays like that no matter what I do.
I have done a flashlight optics test, test was good.  I ran an input test 13, test was good (fast 0/1 state change), all other input tests work.  When I lift the front door lock the game resets like it should and runs through startup when I close it.  My BV doesn't have an open door switch that I have been able to find, but I took that out to reset it also, no fix.  The game does not have a bottom coin or belly door.  I have removed the MoBoard and nothing looks obviously wrong, the chips are fully seated as is the board itself.
I do have a reset chip but I have never used it.
This one is driving me a little batty, I'm hoping someone will help.  Let me know if  you need pics or chip numbers or whatever.  Thanks!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Fast Flash on Bottom Candle, IGT S-Plus Haywire Slot
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
For clarification, the MPU board is the board you've been removing -- the motherboard is the fixed backplane board in the bottom (or back, if a slant top) of the machine that the MPU board plugs into.

It's odd that it's seemingly powering down after the initial startup stuff that sounds normal.  Your description is good, but since this sounds a little odd are you able to take a short video and upload it to YouTube to show us what's happening?

Have you tried dropping a coin in?  It might be ready to go and is just waiting for credits to be inserted.  A fast flashing bottom candle light can just be indicating that a door had been opened and is now closed, and will stop flashing after the first paid game.

Finally, something to try, just below the coin comparator in the door is the coin-in optics.  On that board there is a very small white button.  With the door open, press that button to add a pseudo credit.  Does that work, and if so while keeping the door open does the spin button cause the reels to spin like a normal game?
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
Do you by any chance have another slot kit for it, or at least a different SS eprom?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

ajenka

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
Thanks for the response, guys.  Here's a few pics, I'm working on the video.

ajenka

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »
Sorry, I don't have any other parts, this is my only slot.

ajenka

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
The video is at
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 02:18:18 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »
Wow, I've never seen an S+ that looks like that before.  Usually with the early S+ models with the credits on the side of the reel box, there was no validator, first time I've seen where the validator is to the left of the reel box.  Where did you get this machine?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

ajenka

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:35 PM »
Craigslist, where else!  I'd been looking for one for years, I like the old ones and found this one 20 minutes away.  Everything worked except it wouldn't push any coins out.  I brought it home, took it apart and found a broken coin knife, 5 bucks and a week later it worked like a champ.  I've since replaced the battery and now this, but I've had it for a couple of years.  Gets a good workout at parties, and we like parties!

ajenka

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »
I have tried putting coins in and playing a game, it doesn't work, the coins just drop into the hopper.
I tried the reset button on the coin comparator, it reset fine and the game played normally, both hitting the spin button and pulling the handle with the door open, close the door and I get the flashing light, the handle locks and no buttons work.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 09:47:41 PM »
Okay, thanks for the video -- that really helps.   :yes:

The good news is that your machine is mostly working fine -- the behavior you described and showed in your video is perfectly normal.  Upon power-up, the machine does its maiden spin, and then does it again once you close the door.  The rapid candle flashing is indicating that the door had been open, and is now closed.  You can tell your door optics are working correctly by the machine reacting to the door being closed.  The "2" in the Coins Played display is indicating that the last paid game used 2 coins.  I would suspect that the light bulb for the "Insert Coin" blue section of glass next to the $0.25 denomination sticker is burnt out, as the machine should be ready to accept a coin once the door is closed.

You also indicated that using the pseudo coin button on the coin-in optics worked, and you were able to play a test game with the door open, good!

All that's really left now is getting the machine to acknowledge that you've inserted a coin.  You indicated that when you put a coin in that it goes to the hopper without giving you credit.  That means that the coin comparator is likely working correctly (otherwise the coin should be getting rejected to the tray), but that the coin-in optics aren't sensing that a coin has passed through.

Edited to add: Uh... looking at your pictures, there is no sample coin in the coin comparator.  You need to have a sample coin in there (it looks like you're using quarters, so a quarter) in order for the comparator to know what to accept and reject.  If you do indeed have a sample coin in there and just didn't for the picture, disregard this paragraph. /Edit

You'll want to do a test of the coin-in optics.  There is a test in the setup menu (similar to the door optics test) that will allow you to test the three A, B, and C coin-in optics.  If you can tell us what SP chip is in your machine, we can get you the PSR for it to help guide you through the process.  You'll want to use a popsicle stick or similar (a thin piece of cardboard will work) to block the optics as you test them to see if the "1" changes to a "0" when blocked, then back to "1" when the optic is not blocked.  I suspect one or more of your coin-in optics is stuck "on" ("1"), causing the machine to not know that a coin has been inserted.  You'll likely need a new optics board, but the first thing to do is test your old one to confirm it is malfunctioning.

Please let us know what SP chip you have.  You can determine that with the instructions found here.

As an aside, the Western Money Systems bill validators like the one in your machine are crap.  I don't know if the bill validator has ever worked for you, but if it doesn't work I wouldn't even attempt to try and fix it.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

ajenka

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »
Thanks to everybody for your help.

knagl, you were right, it was no coin in the comparator.  I had printed out the tech manual for the S+ and it showed how to put one in, I closed it up, dropped 2 coins in and it works fine.

You were also right about the bill validator, it cycles when I turn it on and even lights up, but it won't accept a bill.  It never feels like it seats correctly.

By the way, my chips are an SP 0873 Type 2/21 and an SS3732 Type 2, any other tips you have for this game would be greatly appreciated.  Such as, it was great to find out when I looked at the pictures on this site of the processor boards that the little blue wheel was a volume control, the game was always so loud in my game room, now its so much better!

Thanks again!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal