New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Cant Clear Ram  (Read 12473 times)

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Cant Clear Ram
« on: December 24, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »
Hello all,

I am trying to revert  my dual screen back to NXT1 from 1.5.
I swapped out the MPU boxes and trying to clear the NEXT 1 I get a message that says:

Loading SPI module failed, exit! Operation not permitted.  No more tasks sleeping forever................

I thought it might be a bad jur chip (says SPI when the jur chip goes)  but no go same message....

What is wrong???

Thanks

Steve

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:01:28 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline iramack

• iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Cant Clear Ram
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
Never mind..............

I had forgotten to RAM clear the NXT 2 Board before I pulled it and the JUR is different on the NXT 1 so that prevented me from clearing the NXT 1.  Backplane was keeping an eye out for my tampering ways!!  LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.....

Steve

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
This is a great tip and the topic should be locked. I would of never thought to RAM CLEAR NXT 2 before throwing NXT 1 back into the cabinet.
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »
I don't remember having this particular issue.  I had a bb1 cabinet running a bb2 game (with a bb2 mpu), then I just put in a bb1 mpu and cleared it and didn't have any issues.  The only time I've encountered this, is when going from certain 044 games and then trying to clear using 3902 daughtercard.  But I didn't have the issue on the bluebird on the 1 time I've tried it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »
The jurisdiction difference is what caused the problem I suspect............. :Scratch-Head:

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
What clear chip were you using.  This is a good thing to document.  I'm running a bb2 mpu right now, and I will switch to a bb1 mpu and try to clear it to see if I can replicate the error and under what circumstances.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
Rick,
I use the 1851 clear card for all my games. 
Thinking back about the circumstances in play here, I remembered that I swapped the JUR chip after pulling the NXT 1 board when I did the upgrade originally. The NXT 2 had NJ in it and I wanted to run the Missouri chip that I had in the NXT 1 so I swapped them at that time.

I never cleared the NXT 1 before I pulled it and did the swap.  That is probably where the trouble began.

However I was able to continue after replacing the NXT2 board and RAM clearing it ..... :Scratch-Head:

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »
I thought the 1851 was only a BB2 clear?  I always use either 1810 or 1350 to clear a bb1.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 10:15:50 AM »
OOPS.....

I meant 1810 (64mb card) for both 1 & 2
Sorry......

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:47 AM »
I will try it tonight to see if I can duplicate the error.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 11:20:37 AM »
Rick,

At the same time I assume that you can't take a game loaded MPU from one cabinet and put it in another cabinet and power up and go..........??

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »
Not unless you move the backplane (or eeprom from it) and a few other things with it like the validator.  Other things don't matter, but they must be the same as the other cabinet like player panel and printer.

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
Rick,

Any luck with your "experiments"?

Steve

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
Haven't gotten around to it, I will get to it this weekend after all the holiday crazyness goes away.

Offline p9pins

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • p9pins New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »
Were can I find a 1350 ram clear cf card?

Offline iramack

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 05:39:30 AM »
You don't really need one if you have the 1810 clear card.  It clears better than the 1350.................

Steve

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal