New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bulb replacement  (Read 7610 times)

Offline papajohn

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • papajohn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bulb replacement
« on: January 04, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
What is the number of the incandesent bulbs on the S2000 backlit reels.......needed to order new bulbs     THX   John

SCROLL DOWN, for answers!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:15:45 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Bulb replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:19:04 PM »
IGT Vision/S2000   
Buttons   658   
BV   73   
Candle   161/194   
Denom   73   
Payline   73   
Reel   359   
S/T Upper Reel bulb   F15T8   
S/T Lower Reel bulb   F14T8   
S/T Display   F4T5   
S/T Top Box bulb    F17T8   
Alt: S/T Top Box Fluorescent    F20T8   
Top Box Fluorescent   F15T8   

Hopper Light 906 12V Wedge (Buy from Auto Parts store

Offline papajohn

• Reputation Power: 3
  • papajohn New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:32:10 PM »
THANKS  Slots-4-You

Offline slots-4-u

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.slots-4-u Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:34:15 PM »
Anytime. Hope it helps. Ford

Offline Caliwebman

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 11:04:29 PM »
Can anyone give us a good, competitively priced light seller online or is this a no-go on the forum?

scott

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:45:55 AM »
I like the 12v led's instead, makes the reels pop with color.  www.spininc.com/lighting

Offline octoolguy

• Reputation Power: 6
  • octoolguy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 06:17:24 PM »
Is there an "easy" way to replace the bulbs under the buttons? I have 3 small buttons and 2 large ones. The only one that still works is the "Play 3 Credits" button. I can't see well with my glasses on and without them I can't see at all. I tried to look up under where I think the bulbs must go but all I see is wires, plug ins and wiring harnesses. I don't see how a person could get to them from the front belly door. So, can someone please tell me how to go about it? God, I would be so happy. Oh, also where do I but the required bulbs? I take it they are a special breed.

Thanks to all.

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 06:40:21 PM »
The whole switch assembly pops out from under the button.  You have to open the main door and depending on your buttons, you either turn and pull out or you kind of slightly tilt the assembly and it will snap off and just pull.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 06:53:41 PM »
Thanks for that info. I did mess around with the belly door open and I can see that by removing 3 screws from the backside a large part of the door part will come away and give me some access to those switches. Each one appears to have at least 3 wires plugged into it so I'm not sure how to remove them but I'll give it a try. I sure appreciate your help. I also was wondering if once I get to the bulbs are the the little peanut bulb that just pushes in or are they a bayonet style or what. I've been looking on ebay and I see a couple of different bulbs available. Should they be available at Home Depot or are the something that is peculiar to slot machines?

Ray

I'm an old fart with a young mind. I have an IGT S2000 Double Diamond machine that was once in the Stratosphere in Vegas. Bought from Slot Depot in Fort Mohave, Az. about 2012.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 01:08:46 PM »
Take photos of wires before you unplug them so you can put them back in the same way.  Some S2000's have a white block that has all the wiring on it and you just unplug that.  Some have individual wires for each connection type.  There are 2 sets of 2 wires on each button.  2 wires control the switch mechanism, and 2 wires control the light.   The bulbs are all wedge type bulbs that you just pull out with your fingers.  I recommend you replace them with LEDS since they last longer and look better on the buttons.  If you get LED bulbs, they are polarized, so they will only work inserted one way, the regular bulbs work inserted either way.  If you plug a led bulb and it doesn't light up, you just need to pull it, twist it 180 degrees and insert.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 01:50:43 PM »
Take photos of wires before you unplug them so you can put them back in the same way.  Some S2000's have a white block that has all the wiring on it and you just unplug that.  Some have individual wires for each connection type.  There are 2 sets of 2 wires on each button.  2 wires control the switch mechanism, and 2 wires control the light.   The bulbs are all wedge type bulbs that you just pull out with your fingers.  I recommend you replace them with LEDS since they last longer and look better on the buttons.  If you get LED bulbs, they are polarized, so they will only work inserted one way, the regular bulbs work inserted either way.  If you plug a led bulb and it doesn't light up, you just need to pull it, twist it 180 degrees and insert.

Where to buy? I see that the two bulbs on the bill bezel are tiny. Can they be replaced with LED's too? I was going to take the bulb numbers and do a search online to see who has them. But, I have no idea what numbers I'd try to find for LED's.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 04:25:28 PM »
These fit the single payline 5 button player panels on S2000's

http://www.spininc.com/lamp-led-lamp-t10-12-volt-led

These fit the smaller dual row button panels on S2000's and also the ones that light up the insert bill bezel.

http://www.spininc.com/led-t5-12-vdc-mini-wedge

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 12:21:22 PM »
These fit the single payline 5 button player panels on S2000's

http://www.spininc.com/lamp-led-lamp-t10-12-volt-led

These fit the smaller dual row button panels on S2000's and also the ones that light up the insert bill bezel.

http://www.spininc.com/led-t5-12-vdc-mini-wedge

Just so I know I am understanding you correctly, my machine has 3 small buttons and 2 large buttons. They all use a number 658 bulb. The $.25 cent area and the bill bezel all 3 use the E73 bulb. So, can you give me the LED numbers for each so I am absolutely sure before ordering? Also, will I still use the same twist in bases for the 3 tiny bulb/LED's? I also found that the bulb in the "Spin Reels" is good and it only lights up when there are less than 3 credits to be played. I found that by removing that large metal panel in the door it's fairly easy to get to all the bulbs even with my fat fingers.
Thanks for all you help. Much appreciated.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »
replacing your bulbs sounds easy but there are dangers in doing this.  First,  taking out the button assembly to change the bulb, the black housing gets brittle from the heat of the bulb, sometimes that housing cracks and then you have to replace the button assembly.  second danger, depends on which twist in socket you have in your machine, there are two types of sockets, one type only uses half of the bulb wire and will not short out your I/O card,  LEDS have a complete wire front and back on the socket, there is a different type socket for these bulbs, make sure you know which one you have before switching over to LEDS. 

be aware the 73 LED replacement  will only present a hot spot of illumination, doesn't flood the entire area with light.  it alright for the door bezel, but so-so on the denomination insert.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 05:23:22 PM »
The T10 buttons (top link) are used in the player panel buttons.  The T5's are used on the bill bezel lights and the denom area (although you should read the link I posted and what Jim said about the sockets and potential shorting out and burning some components in your machine).  In general if the little sockets are black you will have a short issue if you wedge bulb has the wire that wraps around the bulb (you should then cut the on side that wraps around, not the side that has the contact with the bulb "filament").  If your holders are beige, then you are probably ok. And yes, you re-use the little twist sockets, just pull the previous bulb out and put the new ones.  On my machine, there are beige holders behind my insert bill bezel, and a black holder in my denom area.  I still use an incandescent bulb in the denom area, but all others are LED.

Offline octoolguy

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 12:49:16 PM »
Thanks Jim and RickHunter. I have decided to just stay with the bulbs for now. I do think it might be beneficial to replace the black sockets and bulbs at the same time though. It seems that it is a hit or miss situation with what I have. The one socket that goes into the Denomination window will work sometimes and sometimes not so I'm not sure if the socket is good. If I start with a new one then I will at least rule that one out. It would be nice to have all the lights working one time. As far as I know, they never have since I owned the machine. I truly appreciate the time you folks have given me in my quest to fix this thing. It is working now and I will still go ahead with trying to fix the bill acceptor and validator mechanism. I'm going to try the alcohol thing with the little sensors but if that doesn't work, I'll be shopping for a new unit. Any ideas on what I should know before buying one?

Ray

Offline DB26

• Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 07:34:01 PM »
Would it be bad to use a #74 bulb in place of a #73 bulb? I am doing this right now for the bill acceptor bulbs.
-Robert

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 08:04:32 PM »
74 is fine. It's the 12v equivalent used in automotive applications.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline DB26

• Reputation Power: 35
  • DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.DB26 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 09:00:31 PM »
74 is fine. It's the 12v equivalent used in automotive applications.

Perfect! Thank you very much.
-Robert

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal