New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Spectrum Setup Walkthrough  (Read 16261 times)

Offline ilovekittens

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • ilovekittens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Spectrum Setup Walkthrough
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:11:55 PM »
First off I not claiming to be an expert, most of the information I gathered was from other members kind enough to help a noob out.  This thread is to help future noobs out and alleviate some of the same questions for seasoned veterans, with that said lets begin the topic at hand.

A little back story, like so many others I bought my slot machine on a whim, knowing nothing really about them at all.  Then of course you get to hear the wife say "You bought a what?  Where you going to put it?  We don't have room for that."  When you buy something this cool you make room.  Right?

Once you get the heavy SOB home you realize, a slot machine is a little more complicated than you thought and start searching the internet for answers.  Most people I assume wind up @ NLG like myself. 

One of the things I noticed right off the bat is that my progressive feature did not work on my machine.  It lights up and says C9, it should be a simple fix.  I probably just need to hit a reset button or plug in a wire, I thought to myself.

After posting some pics on NLG, I'm told I have a CHAM2 which is a linked progressive and cannot be used as a stand alone progressive.  This gave me 4 options- 1.  Buy a CHAM2+ (more difficult to program)  2. Buy a con2 supercontroller (costs more than what I paid for my slot machine)  3.  Buy a spectrum (easier to program and won't break the bank)  4.  Say the hell with progressive and leave it as is.

Ken from Ohio gaming was kind enough to offer me a Spectrum and a keychip 17 (needed to enter 7 keychip config in the menu)

The Spectrum came with a mounting bracket and the wiring harness which made things a little easier.  I did have to make some adjustment to make the everything fit correctly.  The Spectrum display is larger than the CHAM2 and the bracket was set up for the display to be at the top of the glass.
I flipped the bracket upside down, and flipped the spectrum display right side up.

I furred the bracket out an inch to fit up the the glass. 

I had to slide the spectrum to the right a 1/2 inch on the bracket. After some tinkering it finally fit

Connecting the Spectrum was simple enough since my machine has the Netplex distribution panel on the back center

Just connect the 4 pin and ten pin on any of the ones not in use on the distribution board

No Data should be flashing across the display when powered on

Now all that needs to be done is the key configuration.  No too difficult with a little guidance.

First thing you have to do is use your key chip to get into the 7 menu This topic has been covered http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=323.0  After you do it a few times you'll be a pro in no time. 

Once you get into the 7 key chip config you will want to scroll to 7.3 Progressive

Step one:  go into 7.3.1  Controller Select
7.3.1.1      Game 1
7.3.1.2      your machine denomination (I will use 25 cents)
Game 1: Denom 25¢: Level 1
       Stand Alone: Disabled Level 1
       None:            Disabled
       SAS:              Disabled
       Link:              Level 1 Disabled

Step 2:  Next go into 7.3.3     Stand Alone Set up
7.3.3.1 Level 1 and set up
1. Limit amount (how high do you want your progressive to go up to)
2. Current amount (what the progressive amount is currently at)
3. Add percentage (what percent of the money going into the machine gets added to the jackpot)
4. Base amount (what progressive resets to when jackpot is won)

Step 3:  The last step is to go into menu 4 I/O tests and run
4.3 Autoconfigure Netplex Devices
If all went according to plan your Spectrum should now show your progressive base amount

Woot!  Woot!  :applause: ILK

My original post and those that helped http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=4705.0  :thank_you:

If I forgot a step or if any clarification is needed feel free to add.  Like I said I'm still a noob

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:46:18 PM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Spectrum Setup Walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
Kittens good post and informative.

You can also change the color displayed by the spectrum. There are two sets of dip switches on the back of the display housing.
Dip Switch closest to the EEPROM or power connection controls display color(S1)

S1
All switches off-green
Set #2 on, #1,#3 off -color changes from green to red to amber  **
set #3 on, #1,#2 off- red
set #1,#3 on #2 off - amber

**Note: Switch 2 will only do multi colors if the eprom installed is a SDF100, the SDF 104 will not allow scrolling colors (sdf100s can be programmed and installed without issues in a machine that has a 104 installed)

S2
1 - on - makes all red leds come on to see if all leds are working
2 - on - makes all orange leds come on to see if all leds are working
3 - on - makes all green leds come on to see if all leds are working
4 - does not do anything

Additionally if you have a machine with multi denominal capabilities the spectrum will support them, Each denomination can be set at a different value and amount, this must be done when you set up the key information 7.3. Each denomination would be a different  stand alone level. Level 1  might be 50 cents, level 2 could be $1.00. for each denomination  you will set it's own values. When you play the game at each denomination it will also show the jackpot value for that denomination. Pretty cool

Rich
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:45:47 PM by qbert »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 02:28:51 PM »
I think this originally was posted by Foster on the old site.

More on multi denom set ups:
I figured out a how to use multi-denom and Stand alone progressive for each denom in use
This is how I did it

Denom Details $1,$2, $5, $10 (until I decide to clear it and lower the accounting denom)

I set up the controller part first 7.3.1
set it so your VFD shows this for each denom

Game 1 denom $1 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 4

Game 1 denom $2 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 3

Game 1 denom $5 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 2

Game 1 denom $10 Level 1
Stand Alone : Level 1

These are the level settings under standalone setup that I used in 7.3.3

Level 1 (for the $10)
Limit $500,000
Current $51,000
Percent 5%
Base $42,000

Level 2 (for the $5)
Limit $250,000
Current $25,500
Percent 5%
Base $21,000

Level 3 (for the $2)
Limit $100,000
Current $10,200
Percent 5%
Base $8,200

Level 1 (for the $1)
Limit $50,000
Current $5,100
Percent 5%
Base $4,200

I am sure you can reverse the levels and it may still work.
When I change denom on the machine the values change on the spectrum and also the add percent only goes to the current progressive level.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 03:29:41 PM »
+1 to the both of you for the information.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »
Awesome job and 2 awesome posts!
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »
Maybe someone can check this. Under 7.3.1.2  " Stand Alone"  should be set at "Level 1". And  "Link" should be set at "Disabled" ?  Tim

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 07:49:50 PM »
You are correct those settings are for Mikhon.
I have made the correction on the post also.
Stand alone- link level 1
Link- Disabled
Thanks
Rich

Offline Clown2948

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Clown2948 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »
Thank you for the help. I will try this out to see if I can get this to work.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 01:39:42 PM »
Moderator, why are the first set of pics "blank"? As in, I can't see them. Please help me out. I'm logged in under my account.

Ian

BTW, mine is standalone. A new link would work as well. I had this working but have played with multi denom. I'm now back $1 but progressive is not working. Can't find original post. Thanks!
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 07:00:23 PM »
I'm not sure when or how the pictures disappeared.
I do know some were from the old site.
Also if the pictures were posted from someone's cloud account and deleted them they are gone .
Maybe a super moderator can help here.

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 09:34:57 AM »
I'm not sure when or how the pictures disappeared.
I do know some were from the old site.
Also if the pictures were posted from someone's cloud account and deleted them they are gone .
Maybe a super moderator can help here.

That would be great. I didn't know that there was such a thing. I've done it before and I don't think that it was so bad unless I have to clear, not just key.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal