New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: new to site - looking for info  (Read 3423 times)

Offline that_guy_on_tv

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • that_guy_on_tv New User has no influence.
  • NLG
new to site - looking for info
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:37:14 PM »
Hi all,

I stumbled upon this site while researching info on a game i use to play when was younger. Reading a article, I found some pictures of a game I would like purchase if possible.

With the research I have done, I think its a Cal Omega 18.* Pixel poker that I am looking for. A 903 board? I have included 2 pictures I was able to find. I went through eBay and could not find anything. Its possible I am looking for the wrong things.

This forum has got a lot of info and people with knowledge.

Thanks in Advance for any info anyone has.

Offline that_guy_on_tv

• NLG
Re: new to site - looking for info
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
no comments from anyone?

is this a bad topic or something no one likes to talk about?

Offline mustangjeep

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • mustangjeep New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:38:03 PM »
I think what your looking at is pretty obscure.
I'm no gaming king but I've never seen this little guy.
The guys on here are real sharp when it comes to the more mainstream stuff, but ya might be holding on for a while before someone knows what there looking at.

Good luck in the search man!

Offline that_guy_on_tv

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the info mustangjeep.

Ill check back here and there. Hopefully someone will know something.

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 01:33:27 PM »
Ah, yes. Cal Omega made a whole line of early video arcade (ie, no money-gambling) games.
Most ran on what they called their "903" main board, connected to their own proprietary backplane
board which included the power supply elements, connected to whatever pushbuttons/joysticks were
required, and to an RGB monitor, usually a 13".

Only later did they enter the gambling machine market, through the CEI name, using the 904 board (which is
just the 903 with more history memory for betting disputes)

Software is in ROM packages, with a 2-digit number identifying the general line, and a single digit representing
the specific version or upgrade. The Pixels game first came out as 14.5 in 1982, subsequently replaced by
18.3, 18.5, and 18.6. Your game is one of these 3 latter, probably 18.6.

The game description is:
A 'match the people by color and number' game. Player has the chance to exchange up to 5 people (Pixels) per game. The 'bounced' Pixels disappear and new Pixels march on with the sounds of tramping feet. If winning combinations are obtained, then comes the option of playing 'Double' where the player can double his skill points. When the player has a win, he has 2 choices. He may keep his win with the 'Take' button or try to double it with the 'Double' button. If 'Double' is selected, a random display of Male and Female Pixels flash on the screen. The player then presses either the 'Male' or 'Female' button. When the action stops, if the Pixel on the screen matches the button presses, he wins.  Sound familiar?

The chances of your finding a machine is extremely low, although you should keep looking.
To make one you'd need board, a backplane, the right pushbuttons, and some insane wire harnessing, for
which there exist no known schematics.
NLG may be helpful, but we are mostly slot machines. You'll have better luck and response on the Arcade sites & forums.

If you just want to enjoy the game, and perhaps others of it's age, I would strongly recommend the MAME
route: Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. This is a software setup that runs on PC, and uses the original game
ROM data downloaded for use with a MAME setup. The particular set you want is labeled comg186, and is available free in several places.

Best of luck to you; Cal Omega made a lot of neat stuff, much of which is still very popular, especially in the MAME game.

Offline that_guy_on_tv

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 10:07:44 PM »
That is the one SolidSilver.

I started looking at same before i came to this forum. The emulation for this particular game is not emulating properly.

Do you have any suggestions on alternate forums? I will continue searching for this elusive game.

Thanks again for everyones input and help.

Offline SolidSilver

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!SolidSilver Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 01:59:07 PM »
Your most fruitful  next step would be to simply Google "arcade collectors." This will lead you to most of the many arcade collector/restorer groups like huge VAPS and tiny Portland Arcade Coll. Assn, and everything in between. It will also show most of the outfits and people selling parts and showing off their collections.

[I hate using "google" as a verb: it sounds like something you do out behind the barn to a girl you wouldn't marry....]

By the way, even if you can't get the game to emulate properly, the MAME data packages are the real genuine original PROMs; so if you find a machine not quite what you want, the proper chips can be burned from COMG186 or any others. 

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Offline dormi

• Reputation Power: 7
  • dormi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »
Pixels uses the same hardware as their poker games, change 9 EPROMs, 1 16 pin PROM, all 10 are in sockets, your poker game is now a Pixels. [size=78%] Cal Omega never made amusement games they all had either a hopper or a hand pay (knock off) switch.  Pixels 14.x is for 903-904 boards and 18.x is for 905 boards.  An Interface board is not necessary to build a game, 900 series boards use double sided 56 pin edge connector like are used on JAMMA boards. [/size]

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal