New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR  (Read 7022 times)

Offline Timarich8

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Timarich8 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR
« on: September 01, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »
We purchased a used Reel Touch slot machine and when I turned it on it gave me a CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR message.  I figured out how to hook a keyboard up to it and pressed the F1 key for it to continue.  It looked as though it was going to download everything and then a blue screen came on.  On the screen it says: in the top left corner, Accounting, History and I/O Tests.  Then at the bottom it says up, down, enter and exit.  It will not let me use the keyboard at all.  I'm stuck and getting frustrated.  Can someone please help?  Thanks!

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
Have you tried opening and closing the door?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 02:17:08 PM »
Based on the origional error, you could have a low or dead cmos battery in the top box computer. You might want to open that cpu up and check it. I believe it's a 2032 battery, same as any other CPU uses. While you're at it, with the machine turned off, pull the MPU tray out from the base of the machine and check it's battery also. It likely has 2 on the tray, one will be either a socketed or slide in coin battery and the other will be a green 3 cell rechargeable battery. If the coin cell is socketed then the 3 cell needs to be good and have a charge for the game to operate properly. If the coin cell on the lower MPU is soldered in, then the 3 cell can be discarded as it's not needed in a home use environment and you will avoid problems down the road related to corrosion.

Welcome to NLG!

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 02:26:02 PM »
I shut the door and it gave me a message saying there is a problem with this machine.  Please call attendant.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:31:32 PM »
If you now open the door an alarm should go off. Using the jackpot reset key on the side of the machine, turn the key 3 times and the message on the VFD should say "press and hold the test button for 3 seconds. The test button is on the leading edge of the MPU in the lower part of the cabinet and it is white. After holding the button for 3 seconds and releasing it the message on the VFD should change to "close the door". Machine should reset after that and either work or come up with another message. Give it a shot...

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:29:36 PM »
Cowboygames, can you tell me how to open the top box computer?  Is that the box on the back of the monitor? As you can tell, I'm not very good with computers.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 03:48:41 PM »
It IS the box on the back of the monitor, there are 6(?) Screws that hold it shut and I believe you have to unplug some stuff to swing it open so be careful. Do everything with the power off.

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
I also tried to reset it like you told me and it took me back to that same screen with the Accounting and History on it.  i see the screws, thank you so far for your help, I appreciate it.  I will let you know what I find out. 

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
The bottom MPU board has a soldered coin battery and a green rechargeable battery.  Now the green battery has some corrosion on it.  What would you recommend I do with the green battery and how am I to replace the soldered one?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »
Both batteries require desoldering for removal. The upside is that you can either replace the coin battery with another mounted battery or have/put a socket on, same as computers have, and use a socketed battery. When you open and close the door does the machine do anything to indicate or acknowledge the door has been closed such as the bill validator cycling or the reels spinning? If not then either the door isn't getting latched completely or the corrosion on that green battery has damaged the MPU board.

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »
Well I replaced the battery on the top box. 
The machine doesn't do anything when I open or close the door.  I checked to make sure and the door is completely closed, so that's not a good sign.   Can you tell me where can I take the the MPU board to have those batteries done and to have the MPU tested to see if it's working properly?  A computer place?

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 05:56:01 PM »
Batteries plus could probably help you out. One thing you might try and another member brought this up to me, is to unplug the wires from the reset key switch on the side of the machine, then reclose the door. There's some indication from what you've posted that it may be not working properly. Make sure to cover the wires while disconnected to protect from shorting

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 06:23:38 PM »
Okay we're making some improvements.  I know longer get the CMOS Error.  Now the computer runs all the way where the wheels turn and then the message says call attendant again and down in the small message area on the door it says "door open M and input shorted.  We have unplugged the door like you recommended also and it's the same message both ways.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 06:54:17 PM »
Input shorted I've never seen, but it could easily be the corrosion on that green battery where acid leaked down on the board. You could try cleaning that area of the board with some baking soda and rinse well, allow to dry thoroughly

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 08:32:11 AM »
I dropped it off at Batteries Plus and they are desoldering and giving me a new battery.  He is also going to check my MPU board to see if there is any damage from the corrosion.  I'll update later on to let you know if it works.   :wave:

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »
I got both of the batteries replaced and they said that no corrosion touched the MPU board at all.  Both batteries in the MPU were under 1 volt.  So I brought the board back home put It back In the area I got it from.  Turned it on and I got the same stinking message as before.  Door Open M, input shorted.  Is there any suggestions as to how I can find out what this means?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
In an old thread on NLG this "Door Open M, input shorted" error was attributed to a bad I/O card. Read down about halfway to see the discussion:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=printpage;topic=15183.0
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 04:48:32 PM »
Thanks Rokgypman for that info..
Can anyone tell me where the I/O board is located?

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 04:53:14 PM »
I/O cards are located in the door of the machine on a S2000 probably the same for yours. Some people call them suitcases.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Timarich8

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »
There is two cards on the door.  Does this look like it?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal