New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma B-12 Joker's Wild Buttons  (Read 6150 times)

Offline behrmr

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • behrmr New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma B-12 Joker's Wild Buttons
« on: November 12, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
I could use some help.  I have a B-9 Joker's Wild poker machine.  I would like to get replacement hold/cancel buttons or at least replacement lamps.  The buttons work 99% of the time but none of the lamps work and the "Hold/Cancel" is worn off all but 1.   The buttons are square, white, illuminated, panel mount push buttons.From the manual the part # is 7011-00006 and Omron A3SA-701, 13.2 mm square mounting hole.  I am willing to put in an alternate non-panel mount button if I have to as long as I don't have to drill.   

The best I've been able to come up with is they are Omron A3SA-7011 SPDT buttons.  The modern equivalent appears to be A3SJ-90A1-14W.  Brand new buttons are about $25-$30 each but that is ridiculously expensive for a poker machine I am going to keep in my game room.   I believe they're so expensive because they are an industrial control type of button.

Any help on finding the small pin-base 12V incandescent bulbs (or LED sub), reasonable like replacement buttons, or a different button that would work, would be greatly appreciated. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:25:09 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Sigma B-9 Joker's Wild Buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »
Can you post photos of the 12v bulb you need, and the pushbutton switch, maybe someone here can suggest based on what they see you need.

Have you searched the usual parts places for bulbs and switches that might work, like Mouser, DigiKey, Jameco, SuzoHapp, Rudy's, Spin Inc, etc? Also, the vendors on the NLG homepage might carry Sigma parts.

Is the bulb anything like this one:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_210032_-1

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
this is a B-52  Sigma poker machine.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8783.0

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »

Jim

Looks like a lot of good parts available.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 07:32:10 PM »
Can you post photos of the 12v bulb you need, and the pushbutton switch, maybe someone here can suggest based on what they see you need.

Have you searched the usual parts places for bulbs and switches that might work, like Mouser, DigiKey, Jameco, SuzoHapp, Rudy's, Spin Inc, etc? Also, the vendors on the NLG homepage might carry Sigma parts.

Is the bulb anything like this one:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_210032_-1

It does look like that.  The only markings on it are "12V".  I'll pull a switch apart and post a picture.

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=8783.0

Jim

That's interesting because my machine looks like that from the outside, not exactly like that on the inside (close), and has a B-9 plate on the back. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »

That's interesting because my machine looks like that from the outside, not exactly like that on the inside (close), and has a B-9 plate on the back. 

Might be a lot of common parts, same manufacturer on both machines.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
Take a look at these buttons, see if any are close:

http://www.spininc.com/12986-0

and

http://www.spininc.com/buttons

They also have decals that you can place on worn buttons:
http://www.spininc.com/13198-0

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »

Offline behrmr

• NLG

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »
Take a look at these buttons, see if any are close:

http://www.spininc.com/12986-0

and

http://www.spininc.com/buttons

They also have decals that you can place on worn buttons:
http://www.spininc.com/13198-0

Unfortunately the IGT buttons are too big.

Thanks for that decal link!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
Re: Sigma B-12 Joker's Wild Buttons
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 11:51:36 AM »
Unfortunately the IGT buttons are too big.

Thanks for that decal link!

Can a decal be applied to the top of your button insert and display ok if the lamp below is working?

If the pushbutton switches themselves are working ok most of the time I'd tend to just solve the button legend problem. Looks like those new switches would cost about $125 for a set of 5, may be able to get good ones from someone parting a machine. But is it needed if your switches work ok? I don't know if you can find new switches that also have the "Hold/Cancel" insert, maybe I'm wrong. I've seen the inserts for sale separately, but they are used on pushbuttons that have a clear lens over the top of them. That's a better design, since the writing can't wear off from use. If you do install a decal on top maybe you can coat it with clearcoat or something like clear lacquer to eliminate wear.

That lamp I linked to looks similar to yours, but I think it was a 14v lamp. Would probably work ok, and last longer since it would be running at a little less that designed voltage. As long as it would physically fit. You can always cut the leads shorter if needed. But they probably make the 12v one you need, just have to locate it.

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 08:53:06 AM »
I think that the switches are salvageable so I will try to get the replacement lamps and see how it goes although they're a little difficult to get apart without damaging them.  They are a bit "sticky" meaning that the return after push is a little slow.  For what I paid for the machine I just can't justify buying all new switches so I will start with cleaning them and installing new lamps.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »
I think that the switches are salvageable so I will try to get the replacement lamps and see how it goes although they're a little difficult to get apart without damaging them. They are a bit "sticky" meaning that the return after push is a little slow.  For what I paid for the machine I just can't justify buying all new switches so I will start with cleaning them and installing new lamps.

The pushbutton switches on machines get all kinds of stuff on and inside them over the years, from cigarette smoke to spilled drinks.

I've had luck cleaning push button switches with plastic bodies in warm water mixed with a little dish detergent or some household cleaner like 409 or even that bubble bath stuff. When you have some bubbles or suds you have enough cleaner in the water. The more you can disassemble them the better but don't risk damage by forcing something, they are decades old. Let them soak for a few hours, shake them now & then vigorously while in the liquid. If you can use a small brush with mild bristles while in the liquid that helps. Rinse thoroughly in clean water and allow to dry completely, a fan blowing air across them helps the drying.  Vinegar and water is good for removing some types of contaminants. At work we had a sonic tank, similar to a jewelry cleaner, we'd put in distilled water and liquid detergent and set the vibration tank to 15 minutes, worked great.

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
I wanted to post an update.

The reason that 4 out of 5 buttons had the "HOLD/CANCEL" worn off is because they never had it on there in the first place.  There are 2 different types of buttons.  There is one of the original A3SA-701 buttons and that has the "HOLD/CANCEL" stamped in the lens.  The other 4 buttons are not original and are the LB15SK buttons.
[/size]
[/size]LB15SK buttons take replacement lamp [/size]AT607-12V which I was able to order from NKK on Amazon
[/size]A3SA-701 buttons take replacement lamp SLL14-H which I was able to purchase from an eBay seller

[/size]Now all 4 buttons work and turn on/off as they are supposed to when you press the button.  The only "issue" is the original button's lamp is slightly dimmer than the replacement lamps but I can live with it.

[/size]I also ordered the decals from Spin Inc. recommended above and hopefully those will fit.

[/size]Thanks for your help and patience.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
I wanted to post an update.

The reason that 4 out of 5 buttons had the "HOLD/CANCEL" worn off is because they never had it on there in the first place.  There are 2 different types of buttons.  There is one of the original A3SA-701 buttons and that has the "HOLD/CANCEL" stamped in the lens.  The other 4 buttons are not original and are the LB15SK buttons.

LB15SK buttons take replacement lamp AT607-12V which I was able to order from NKK on Amazon
A3SA-701 buttons take replacement lamp SLL14-H which I was able to purchase from an eBay seller

Now all 4 buttons work and turn on/off as they are supposed to when you press the button.  The only "issue" is the original button's lamp is slightly dimmer than the replacement lamps but I can live with it.

I also ordered the decals from Spin Inc. recommended above and hopefully those will fit.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Thanks for the update, good job!   :cool_thumb_up:

Any chance of seeing what it looks like when you get it finished?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 11:56:06 AM »
here is a look at the switches,  the bulb was a #161 , replaced with LEDS,   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 09:13:34 PM »
This is as good as it is going to get for a while now.  Can you see which button was the original one and which were replacements?  The decals didn't work as planned since they are meant to be adhered to the underside of the lens.  These lenses are opaque so I cut them to size and used double-sided tape and then a clear coat.  The bulbs are so bright you can't see the decals when lit.  We'll see how these hold up.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 10:12:48 PM »
You'll probably discover something that gets the buttons to look what you'd like. Maybe someone will be parting out a Sigma and you can get the buttons from it. Or maybe find a way to lower the brightness somehow on your button lamps so the legend is visible, like by lowering the lamp voltage, or using lamps rated for a higher voltage so they will burn less bright or something.

Overall it is still a good looking machine.

Offline behrmr

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »
Thanks.  I'm at a point now where I play it a lot.  It's a fun game and the win/lose percentage is good from a player's perspective. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal