New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Replacing Light Bulb in Belly Glass  (Read 8310 times)

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Replacing Light Bulb in Belly Glass
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
Hi David and Jim, Here is a side view of a 200 payout, this slot only has 100 and 200  with the next payout being 18. The wiper did 2 full turns even when I manually step the unit from zero. Could the timer being running too long or maybe the 200 finger needs to be adjusted forward?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
Went by the shop to refresh my memory on the workings of the step-up unit.
If the 50 and the 200 overpay, then you might be able to make an adjustment to the contacts
where they are mounted on the spiral cam carriage. But first I would try some Scotch tape.
Try adding a piece of tape to the left side of the 200 strip. This may give an indication of what's going on. May be cover a 1/16 of the strip and do a test run. If it reduces the payout, then an adjustment may need to be done.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
added tape and its hard to get it at 1/16 but it did work with a payout of 160 coins

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:33 PM »
When you get a chance can you post a pic of pay glass/table. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:24:17 PM by jimliner »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »
Bill,
Checked out the photo. There is a possibility that the 18 payout is getting a signal somehow.
That would cause the hopper to run and pay out 18 more coins.
Manually turn the spiral cam until the contacts move off the 200 strip. Then check the position of the 18 payout. Reason being the 200 contact look to be more than 18 steps away from the metal strip.

Note
I like to ease the spiral cam back to zero when finished instead of slamming back to zero.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »

adjusted the 200 finger all the back and it still overpaying by 18, I will try to bend the arm to get the contact to sit as far back as possible and try to shorten the timer by 2-3 seconds

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 08:47:26 PM »
Great photo,
Seeing the 18 and the 200  that close, I would inspect the other side for any type of derbies connecting them.
A wire strand, solder or any other conductive material.
Just to eliminate that possibility.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 08:50:46 PM »
ok let me manually step the unit and yes I always lightly hold my finger on the cam so it slides back without the bang...give me a minute to check it out-Thanks to everyone's help so far!

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2017, 09:13:35 PM »

ok its has to be the timer because the fingers are in different position when its stepped to 200 by hand, can you reset the timer by turning it around until its stops and then releasing it back to zero?

Offline jimliner

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • jimliner New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »
Based on your pic in post #28, I would adjust the outboard wiper so that it is a little further off the 200 tab when you have manually stepped payout 200.  By 190 coins dispensed the outboard wiper should be very visibly off the 200 tab.  The CO completes the pay at what would be exactly 200 coins dispensed.  CO takes over pay after wiper has cleared the tab. 

The paydisc wipers are in the right area for 200 paid. 

When all payouts are working correctly and reliably the safety timer should be set just seconds more than the largest payout takes to be paid.    In this case, I would max out till problem is solved. 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:05:53 AM by jimliner »

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2017, 10:30:43 PM »
ok Jim,let me try those 2 adjustments and see if that cures the overpayment-Thank you

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »
Check for continuity between the contact and metal strip. Should open on step 201.
This would be a very fine adjustment as the cam moves the contact carriage in very short increments.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2017, 10:41:04 PM »

I will do that also-Thank you David

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »

checked the continuity between the contact and metal strip and its good, made a slight adjustment on the 200 payout fingers and rotated the safety timer by hand 4 times around and reset timer back to 45 seconds. It now payouts out 200 coins correctly but shuts off early and pays out the balance of 5 coins after the timer resets. Going to bump the timer to 47 seconds to see if that's the magic number. Bally book says that 50 seconds is the correct timer setting for the 200 payout so I"am thinking the  safety timer is worn or spring has lost tension?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »
Bill,

Sounds like you've got it under control, good work.
Setting the timer for a few seconds after the 200 coin payout should be fine.
Keep in mind if the hopper is low on coins, sometimes it takes longer to payout. It skips picking up coins.
No big deal, just reset the timer.

What a great find for $20.00! That other machine for $150 went pretty fast.

Offline Bally Bill

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2017, 09:17:14 PM »
yes 48 seconds was the magic number and it works great now, Thanks again for everybody's help on the lamp replacement and my payout issue! seems like the older EMs are selling faster then last year...maybe people are getting back into the slot world again?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal