New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 1088-32 bally  (Read 3365 times)

Offline my240

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • my240 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
1088-32 bally
« on: March 11, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »

I may have posted my last in the wrong forum. sorry if so. I did get the reel tray out and what I see now is when you cock the handle there are arms on a shaft under the tray that come up and lock the reels. how is this tripper bar released to let the reels spin. the little fan is going but nothing seems to happen. The last reel does roll sometimes but 1 and 2 don't budge. Take any hint I can get. did post some pics in the other forum. this is an old quarter machine.
Thanks

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 1088-32 bally
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:43:53 PM »
Check to see if part # 24 the latch pawl assembly is free and is able to rotate on the shaft #6.
All the arms in the reel mechanism should be free to rotate on its respective shaft. Even the shaft should rotate within the reel housing.
But first loosen up those 3 on the latch pawl shaft.

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:20:26 AM »
In process of taking reel section apart and cleaning it up now. Thanks for diagram, helps a lot. As I said the 3rd reel will spin and 1 and 2 seem like the kicker doesn't let them go. Maybe this cleaning will help. Still don't see a home for the piece I found in the machine. Don't see it on your drawing and hope this isn't causing part of my problem. Thanks again.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
It goes to the chime/gong - usually located behind the top glass.

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »
Thanks. I think cleaning up all the old grease is helping with my problem. Let me ask, if I need the door lock for this 1088-32-7 machine where would I find it. It's been removed.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 02:11:28 PM »
Kingsley Security on Amazon, somewhere around $8.00 each.
Will send photos next post.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
Like I mentioned the lock is good, but the threaded tail shaft is about 3/32s to long. (Yellow arrow)
Have to add a washer (white arrow) and it DOES NOT come with a combination pivot cam / snap ring bushing. (Red arrow)
The washer in combination with grinding the tail shaft allows enough clearance for the cam to swing. 
Hopefully the Bally pivot cam is in good condition.
If you find a lock on Amazon that works without modification, please post information.

A NOTE of CAUTION, if the lock is out of the machine and the locking mechanism on the door remains in.
   There is a slight possibility it could slide down when the door is closed.
   Talking about the long slider bars that have the 5 retaining machine screws.
   While working on a machine and the lock is going to be out for awhile I tie up the mechanism through the top slot.
   Just to be safe as to not lock the door with no lock or key to turn. 

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
i sell the lock on ebay 151282452151 (if you have the cam).

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 05:18:34 PM »
This machine is coming along. Cleaning all the old grease and oil on shafts got the reels working pretty well. Most lights working. Takes the quarters fine. Cleaned the hopper and all the switches but seems to want to pay on every pull and runs until it runs out of quarters. I'll take it all apart and clean the points again. If there is a good starting point i'd appreciate the thoughts. Should I look on the reel unit or stay on the hopper. Sometimes I get just a hum from the hopper like it's stuck but the next pull it seems to run again. Getting there and I appreciated the diagrams and video advice; helped a lot.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 05:41:49 PM »
Check for coin(s) stuck in the hopper when the motor makes the humming noise.
Or anything else that would stop the motor from turning.
When it makes the humming noise cut the power right away pull the hopper then test the gears to see if they will move.

Regarding the runaway hopper. As the hopper motor turns it sends a signal to the payout step up unit.
Can't remember what machine you have, but believe it was the 1088. If so the unit is in the bottom right corner of the machine.
You will see the washer weights on the the step up coil plunger going in and out if its working.
This unit shuts off the payouts when they reach the correct amount.

There are a few earlier post on this site dealing with the exact problem, run away hopper.

Glad to hear you're making progress.

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 11:43:40 AM »
got the hopper unjammed and it's working again running until empty. Looked at the unit with the washers and the plunger is not moving. Where does the signal for this switch come from. Door, hopper unit, reel unit ? It's free to spin, I had it out and cleaned already. Thanks again. it is a 1088-32

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »
When there is a winning combination on the reels. A signal is sent to the payout step up unit and the hopper is turned on. The step up unit moves up one step for every coin that rolls under the roller pivot, then shuts off the hopper when the last coin is paid.

At the top of the hopper is a roller attached to the roller pivot arm, it closes contacts and the signal it sent to the step up unit. The contacts under the arm may be dirty or not closing, also look for any wires that might of broke off at the solder lug pertaining to these contacts.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 08:33:05 PM »
David, were you referring to an electronically stepped  hopper?  I think the 1088 is manually stepped so there would be no set of switches under the pivot roller. 

Rdaniel

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 05:51:49 AM »
I think the 1090 and 1088s are controlled electronically, but I'll chech on it later this morning.

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 06:07:38 AM »
it's electronic controlled. I cleaned switches again and will put it back together and try today.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 06:35:29 AM »
Hopefully the cleaning will help.
If the hopper still runs wild, move on to the payout step up unit.
Before removing the unit (4 screws in the bottom), but most of the time it's 3. As the back right is harder to get to. I usually take out the easy ones first then rotate the unit for better access to the last screw.

First I would try manually resting the unit by depressing the vertical reset plunger top right rear.
Next would be to set up a 10 pay on the reels, let the clock finish and be ready to manually set the unit.
Achieve this by pushing the the bottom plunger, the one with the washer weights. Push it in and out 10-12 times. Hopper should shut off if everything is correct.

*****************Also*********************
Check the zero stop switch that is activated by the spiral cam (red, green or brown plastic)
The switch has a little rubber stop, sometime it's missing, worn away or very gummy.
This is an easy fix if need be.

Note be carefull using cleaners on the spiral cam some solvents will melt the plastic.

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »

I really appreciate the ideas and I will take another stab at it. I put it all back together this AM and the hopper now doesn't do anything. No sound or action what so ever. Took it back out and looked for dropped wires and saw nothing. I know it's something small I just haven't found it yet.  This is my first venture into slot machines. I've had this for 15 years or so in the garage and now just decided to get it running. I'm pleased so far by getting the reels and coins and handle working. I'm using a circuit board cleaning spray and doesn't seem to hurting any of the plastic.
Thanks again for advice.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 10:41:03 AM »
This happens every so often, fix one thing and two others stop working.

Check the contacts for continuity.
Sometimes after cleaning they will need to be adjusted. There could be a small piece of debris between the contacts.

Here are some other suggestion for things to try. Check the reset light on the safety timer back bottom left corner. Reset it if its glowing red. Are the fluorescent lamps coming on? No fluorescent lamps in a good indicator the fuse has blown. The lamps, hopper and timer are all protected by the one fuse.
If the machine is up and running, but the hopper is not working? You tried setting up a payout on the reels and nothing happens.
Set up a payout, then move the hopper slightly in, out and side to side just a little. Around a 1/4 inch in all directions.
The same for the reels. Also you can tug the actual reels just slightly up and down. This moves the contacts on the wiper boards which in turn may make a better connection. Thus causing the hopper to run.   

I've taken units out of working machines and the machine stops work when the units are installed.
Just a bad connection at the beau plug.
Look for any wire that might of come loose.

Offline my240

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 11:14:05 AM »
ok let me tell you what happened. Did what you said about pushing the washer plunger 10-15 times, gear moves, push vertical plunger in front and it resets the wheel and the zero stop comes up and hits the rubber. pulled handle ,cherry on first reel and paid 2 quarters?? That only happened one time. My question is when you pull handle should the vertical plunger be up or down. If down the zero stop is up.? Thanks again.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 01:40:58 PM »
So the hopper is good and the machine pays, that is great. The unit sits idle until the next handle pull.
After a win the payout step unit is reset after the handle is pulled by the "B" switch I believe. This resets the payout unit for the next payout.
The horizontal "B" switch on the reel mechanism and the 0 stop switch close causing a completed circuit to the reset coil.
According to the schematic, see photo.

Sound like its not resetting. Reset the payout unit manually a few times as to test the system.
If it pays out consistently, then check the two switches.

Note, there has been a posting for the 1090 machine which is a good reference for the 1088.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal