New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Why did I buy this phone?  (Read 18638 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Why did I buy this phone?
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:28:27 PM »
This was on Ebay with a $75 opening bid. I watched it to the end, no bidders! The seller re-listed it with a 99 cent opening bid, with one bidder.
Since I was going to be driving somewhere at the end, I thought put in a little snipe bid of $51.06 at three seconds to close. I was not expecting to win it, figuring it would go over my bid and probably over $75. I got home later and there was a message from Ebay: YOU WON! I looked at it so see how much, expecting it would be the $51.06 but instead it was $26!
So now I'm the proud owner of this thing and I'm back on the "classicrotaryphones" site asking silly questions. This phone is HEAVY too! Now I need to find keys and see what's inside!  :propeller:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:04:15 AM by Ron (r273) »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: Why did I buy this phone?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:05:11 PM »
Bought one years back and received ti locked also. This is what I learned, make entry through the coin door. Doors are cheap to buy, but built like a tank. Has pins in the top, bottom and sides to hold it in place so I used a cut off wheel being careful not to damage and of the phone case. Use a large screwdriver and drive the door to one side and you will see the cam pins. When you finish cutting one, move the screwdriver to the other side and drive the door back the other-way.  work you way around, the pop off the steel door. An orange cash box is behind the door and will pull out. Mine had over $100 in quarters, so it paid for itself and the replacement door.
Installed mine in a standup phone booth and it places and receives phone calls in the gameroom.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
The locks can be picked.  If you research the art of doing this and the diff. tools available you will be surprised.  This comes in handy on some of the high end slots with nearly bullet proof locks on them but no keys!.  Rather than hacking or damaging the machine This is a good alternative.  Once picked, Lock(s) can be removed or re-keyed.  Some of the tools can be expensive but if you know a Good locksmith------There you go. Some of the tools are for law enforcement, etc. but are offered from time to time on flea-bay etc. 

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:45:33 PM »
Okay I'm going to have to get pics of mine tomorrow. Darn it Ed  :rotfl: you're killin' me. I'll get them on here with explanation. Looks good though.

Dave

I finally have enough back relief to have a sense of humor.    :cool_thumb_up:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »
I got one a few years ago with a phone booth attached  :Tongue_Out:

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »
Thanks for all the responses so far everyone!
And that's a great phone booth Jimise! Did she pay for the call?  :rotfl:

Forgot to mention. This came from the men's restroom of a restaurant that was once owned by Tommy Lasorda. "Tommy Lasorda's Ribs and Pasta" in Marina Del Rey. 

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:49:34 PM by shortrackskater »
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 09:30:04 PM »
Nope... I paid for the call  :yes: That's ok though  :rotfl:
Have fun with your payphone!
Thanks for all the responses so far everyone!
And that's a great phone booth Jimise! Did she pay for the call?  :rotfl:

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 12:02:50 PM »
Okay here they are. Both are restored but I left the outside of the one original to look like it belonged in my "phone booth" scratches and all. The other is hanging in my shop.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
Nice ! I like them both. Does the shaggy one work Scratchy...errr...does the scratchy one work Shaggy?
That's the kind I'd like to get eventually - a three slot pay phone.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

I guess I need to get one of those T keys and then call the locksmith. It sounds like there's money in it.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 05:06:16 PM »
Actually they both work. I had one (Scrappy) fixed up but no outside work done. The other, I had a complete do over. I have the keys for both and had small ringers put in. They didn't come with ringers originally. And with the limited space the bell is very tiny. It was kinda like Docpaul1's S2000. I put an inline ringer in so I could hear it. Scrappy was done in South Carolina and the shop phone was done in Pillow Pa. I've had them about 10 years. Scrappy still has peoples names etc. scratched into it. Just right for my phone booth. The Scrappy one had huge cockroaches in it according to the restorer! Must have come from a very nice place. :rotfl:

Dave

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 06:24:37 PM »

I guess I need to get one of those T keys and then call the locksmith. It sounds like there's money in it.

You will need the T key and just my 2cents, but I doubt you will find a locksmith that can pick that lock, or even try.
See pictures of backside of the door for what needs to be cut out and the locations. BTW the front cover is hardened steel and will not drill.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 06:36:40 PM »
  :agreepost: :I_agree_1:       My guys that worked on my old style ones said it's a mess to drill those out and re key them. And the newer ones are probably worse.

Dave

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »

You will need the T key and just my 2cents, but I doubt you will find a locksmith that can pick that lock, or even try.
See pictures of backside of the door for what needs to be cut out and the locations. BTW the front cover is hardened steel and will not drill.

I've ordered the T key, but to be clear the T key only opens "stuff" AFTER the real key is inserted? I'm on a forum now (classicrotaryphones) that's got a post on my exact phone with the exact issue... there's scary diagrams and measurements showing how far NOT to drill before you wreck stuff!  :hide3:

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 02:18:06 PM »
Yes, the T key will only turn when it's unlocked.
Yes, drilling too far will get you into the cash box behind the door and the door is not easy to drill. Older ones, maybe yes but newer doors are hardened steel and drill proof
This is the reason I said to use a cutoff wheel and go between the case and the door. You can widen the space by forcing the door to the opposite side with a large screw driver. Then you will see the locking pin going into the case. Just cut the locking pin as it's mild steel.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2016, 09:48:45 AM »
Yes, the T key will only turn when it's unlocked.
Yes, drilling too far will get you into the cash box behind the door and the door is not easy to drill. Older ones, maybe yes but newer doors are hardened steel and drill proof
This is the reason I said to use a cutoff wheel and go between the case and the door. You can widen the space by forcing the door to the opposite side with a large screw driver. Then you will see the locking pin going into the case. Just cut the locking pin as it's mild steel.

Which side, right or left?  I need to find a diagram that shows the inside of the entire phone.  With the correct keys, does that front door just lift out and then the cash box slides out?

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 05:21:39 AM »

Which side, right or left?  I need to find a diagram that shows the inside of the entire phone. 

You will have to cut the pins on all four sides, see picture I already attached in the previous post.

With the correct keys, does that front door just lift out and then the cash box slides out?

Yes, When the lock on the side is un-locked, it allows the 4 pins to be retracted with a turn of the T key
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:04:59 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 01:20:34 PM »
Could those pins be sawed off with a hack saw blade?

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »

I bet Andy Dufresne could do it.   :24:  :wave:

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 04:40:24 PM »

I'm not sure how you could with a hacksaw bade, they are about 3/8" inch below the face of the front cover and with the cash box and case behind, you cant get perpendicular to the pins. I used a cutoff wheel powered by an air compressor.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »

I'm not sure how you could with a hacksaw bade, they are about 3/8" inch below the face of the front cover and with the cash box and case behind, you cant get perpendicular to the pins. I used a cutoff wheel powered by an air compressor.

A Roto Zip (electric) with a cut off wheel will work also. Just keep your fingers clear so you don't end up like me. Not being able to type anymore.  :yes:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal