New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: where is the Bill Validator door ?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Bomackey

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Bomackey New User has no influence.
  • NLG
where is the Bill Validator door ?
« on: November 07, 2016, 07:29:58 PM »
Ok so after you all help with with my other I-game, now its time for the second one. This is an I-game plus in the Tabasco Theme. It also had been sitting in a storage unit for a while. I am trying to get it working, I have everything showing that it is ready, except I can't get it to take a Bill in. I can hear the Validator kick in when I turn the machine on, and I have swapped the Validator unit out with a known good unit from my other machine, with no difference in results. I tried to do a Validator test it tell me that I must open the validator door to display the accept/reject button, what are they calling the validator door ?

thanks

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
Re: where is the Bill Validator door ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 05:12:41 AM »
Ok I made some progress, the DBV will not work, I can get the one from my other machine to accept bills and register credits, but when I reinstall the original DBV, it will kick on and do the initial cycle, but that is the extent of it. I get no light on the entry of it, the only lights I have is the two LED's on the side of the board, is there anything I can troubleshoot on it ?

next question is that I am getting a tilt that tells me I am out of printer paper, or that the sensor is incorrect. I cannot get it to clear out. I even pulled the CMOS chips and it did not go away, Ideas ?

thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:09 AM »
The validator door is the door that you open to access the cash can.  It may have been removed.  There's a microswitch that is used to determine if the door is open or closed that may be bypassed by shorting the wires together.  Look for the switch or wires in the bottom left side of the BV housing.

For the ticket printer make sure that they are installed properly.  Also try removing the ticket from the printer head and reinserting it. 

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 07:51:47 AM »
thanks tilt, I got the validator door problem solved, as far as the ticket problem, I have to wait and get some new ticket paper, the ones I have are really old and dull looking. I was trying to at least the tilt to go away so that I can play until I can get some paper, or do without the printer, but at the current time, the printer error is locking it up.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 08:45:06 AM »
Try changing the printer tilts to soft or no-tilt.  Press MPU button, Setup->Machine Options->Peripheral Devices Setup->Printer Tilts  That may allow you to play it until you can get some new tickets.

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:07 AM »
Tilt, I was in that menu this morning looking at the tilt classifications, but I can't remember what the printer had shown, I will take a look this evening when U get home

Offline Bomackey

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 05:42:07 PM »
Well I have got it back up and running again, it wont let me change the type of tilt for the printer unless I have key :no: :no:  I am trying to troubleshoot the DBV now, I am going to create a post in the appropriate section on that problem

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal