New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally AP-1 Cabinet Software Options?  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Somebody

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Somebody New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally AP-1 Cabinet Software Options?
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:44:00 PM »
Hey guys,

I got a lead on a Bally AP-1 cabinet without any software and was wondering if there are any good titles out for it. Or if you had an AP-1 cabinet with no software, what would you do with it?

In my initial research so far, the AP-1 seems like an odd duck. It looks like it was released right before the transition to Alpha 2 (and might be able to run early Alpha 2 games) and was kind of put by the wayside as Bally/SG focused on their newer platform. It does have dual 22" monitors, which limits the software selection a bit more.

Any input would be appreciated!

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: Bally AP-1 Cabinet Software Options?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:56:05 PM »

No software? But does it have hardware? If so what kind of hardware?

AP1 is the cabinet type. Pro Series V22/22 - Most of these cabinets have Alpha 2 hardware in them or have been converted. If the machine has a 1gig Alpha 1 board (never seen this in the wild), then you can play all older games and a few newer games. There is a list of what "Alpha 2" style games will play on a 1gig board on the other Bally topic.

Also, if the cabinet has an Ideck, then its definitely an Alpha 2.

You said that 22/22 limits what you can run? Thats not true unless you want to run V32 games and then the image is just sideways (not optimal but works)

Don't worry about the software, just worry about the hardware as the software can be found cheaper than the hardware.
-------
Charles

Offline Somebody

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »
Thank you for the insight. I haven't been able to examine the hardware yet. It would be a huge win if it's already an Alpha 2 or has been converted.

The assumption on it being an Alpha 1 lies with its early manufacture year (2010) and the operator manual listing 209195 or 204965 as possible MPUs. I'm just trying to formulate a plan for the worst case scenario.

And I'm having a hell of a time finding the list you mentioned - is it on this board? (I found the list - sorry about that. ) And, assuming for a moment it is a 1gig Alpha 1 MPU - what would you load onto it?

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »

Hot Shot always a good game to load. The newer 15 reel version is good.

It depends what you like. I like Huskies so my first game on the Alpha 1 gig board was Wild Huskies. If you like Buffalo from Aristocrat, then you will like the Bally clones (Mustang, Golden Reef, Thunderhorn)

If you get an Alpha 2 then you can get into the heavy hitters with games like Grease, Michael Jackson, Titanic, Cheers, and other licensed titties.

The great thing about the Alpha platform is when you get board with a game, you can always load another game. Some may even surprise you.
-------
Charles

Offline Somebody

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »
Great, thanks for the recommendations!

Offline Somebody

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 04:08:25 PM »
Just a follow up - the AP-1 cabinets come with Bally Alpha 2 MPUs and iDecks. After I source some software, I should have them up and running in no time!

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 04:10:17 PM »
Perfect. So you have an Alpha 2 cabinet than. Good!  :applause:
-------
Charles

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »
Mind revealing how much you paid for it?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal