New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1.5 Top Monitor Picture  (Read 2945 times)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
BB1.5 Top Monitor Picture
« on: July 05, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
I am in the process of setting up a BB1.5 conversion.  I am running a NXT2 cpu with NEC top monitor    E223W-BK.  I tried to run Zeus II with a 1460 OS and I am getting an oversized picture in the top monitor.  This game is for the BB1 and BB2 platforms.  Is this common for this plaform or am I doing something wrong.  I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to Bluebird slots.  I tried to readjust the top monitor with no luck.  Any suggestions??  I don't have any straight BB2 platform software to run in this yet.  Thanks

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Re: BB1.5 Top Monitor Picture
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:41:12 AM »
You're mixing and matching monitor resolutions and thats why your top screen is displaying that way. Since the bottom screen is a 19", the MPU is going to load the 19" version of the game. But wont tell the monitor on top thats a 22" display.

You can fix this in two different ways:

1) Get a 22" WMS approved monitor for the bottom

-or-

2) Load the game with an old PC monitor, then hot swap the cables back to the NEC. This may work as I did this years ago on my conversion before I got the bottom 22" screen.

Hope that made sense.
-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:07:00 AM »
Sounds good and that makes sense.  I was hoping there would be a way I could get away without changing the bottom  monitor out.    Thanks for the suggestions. 

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 02:15:19 AM »
You could get a 22" monitor that DOES NOT SUPPORT THE WMS resolution for for widescreen games (which are most monitors.)
-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:32:57 AM »
OK  Will the BB2 widescreen only games work in the setup I have now (Example  Airplane) and give me me full screens on both monitors.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 02:53:19 AM »
No. BB2 widescreen games will look like the image on your top screen. 3/4 will be cut off.

Airplane is not a widescreen only game. It will run on your 19" monitor setup.

Problem is, your NEC monitor is confusing your MPU and your top monitor will show only partial picture.

-------
Charles

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 03:13:52 AM »
I guess I will start looking  for a 22" touchscreen monitor for the door.  Thanks for the help 

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 04:28:14 PM »
No problem! It was a fun challenge to do my conversion.
-------
Charles

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »
It really is a fun conversion project.  I run Kristel 22" monitors and also have a couple of backups as well.  They won't get any easier to find in the future.  Anyway, share some photos in the WMS Video board and we can help you if you run into any snags.

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
I am sure I will have questions.  Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. 

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 07:08:37 AM »
I took Coolwave's suggestion to hot swapped monitors but took a different approach.  I took an AD card from a small Alpha monitor that had a bad screen and mounted just the AD card housing on the door.  I then mounted a VGA switch box in the players card opening.  I wired the the slot so the A button selects the AD card which is 4:3 and B selects the top monitor which is 16:10.  I select the A button on startup and slot boots seeing two 4:3 monitors.  After the boot completes I select B and the slot monitor is fooled into seeing a 4:3 setup and auto adjusts to it.  Problem solved..  I now have a complete full screen at the top.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 09:51:13 AM »
Clever idea using the hole for the player card.  I'm gonna have to steal that idea for one of my conversions.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »
I am having the same issue but have a Kristel 22 in the door and a Dell monitor on the top.   The image on the top is huge using the vga connector.  The dvi goes to to one in the door.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal