New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: how to test cash can optics or can you by pass them on IGT s-plus?  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
Can someone tell me how to test the cash can optics or can you by pass them on a I.G.T. s-plus? I think one of the two optics is bad so my DVB-200 does not light the bezel. Would unplugging the optics circuit or jumping the optic circuit do away with needing them?
Jackpot  :mail_2:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Zoinks

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Zoinks New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: how to test cash can optics or can you by pass them on IGT s-plus?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:39:43 PM »
From the archive.

We've made jumpers here using a set of good optics spliced to give some length to the connectors and then heat shrinked the optics together.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:36:54 AM »
cash can optics:  does the bill unit make the two purge cycle operations ? first is a heavy grinding noise ( transport and the cash can meshing and resetting) second a smaller motor noise( the transport and head gears meshing).  if these are working, you should be able to pull out the cash can and the unit will begin cycling. it will cycle for several seconds then stop.  if it does this then the cash can optics are good. ( the unit sees the cash can not being there ,thus cycle).  usually the problem is in the black four pin connector on the front right side, one of the pins is usually bent or ?  check out these and us know the results, then we can advise.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »
Thank you for the reply's; when pulling the cash can out it doesn't cycle right away, its silent for the most part, it's when I shove the cash can in that it cycles. So I think you might be right that the optics could be working. The head was upgraded and tested by a good dealer, I have one unknown wire there 9see photos), it looks like it was for maybe the cash can door but the spade end of the wire would be much to big for the connections on the micro switch at the door so I don't know what it was for, it comes in from the back of the BV housing see photo's. I checked for bent pins on the plug in to the head on the right side and there ok. According to the how to video here, I get the maybe 8 "hard to hear" clunks at the end of the BV cycle on the start up cycle after power up, indication from the how to video's that there is something is wrong with the cash can optics: BUT it has stopped doing that now and just runs the regular cycle and doesn't light the bezel lights that indicate it is ready. I did use the set chip several times setting to 9-1 saving and then selecting coin amount and saving, power down and finish, 61 on start up, self test to 61-1, close and j/p reset.
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »
the large spade connector was used to connect those two wires together. they should be connected together. if after the initial power up sequence is completed, anytime you remove the cash can the transport will know the can has been removed and will try to reset the can. it will try to do this 7/ 8 times and then stop. the large black connector with two wires on it (picture #1)  is the door bezel signal. you can check this by going into the machine input diagnostics  test #27, this will turn on the door bezel lamps ( provided they are good lamps) you can test these in the denom lamp, this has voltage as soon as the machine is turned on.

if test #27 is good, and everything is enabled, AND YOU HAVE SET THE HOPPER AND BILL LIMITS IN TEST #7 then you probably have a mismatch on the IDO of the machine,  switch ten on the bottom of the head will tell you what it is set at.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:00:29 AM »
the large spade connector was used to connect those two wires together. they should be connected together. if after the initial power up sequence is completed, anytime you remove the cash can the transport will know the can has been removed and will try to reset the can. it will try to do this 7/ 8 times and then stop. the large black connector with two wires on it (picture #1)  is the door bezel signal. you can check this by going into the machine input diagnostics  test #27, this will turn on the door bezel lamps ( provided they are good lamps) you can test these in the denom lamp, this has voltage as soon as the machine is turned on.

if test #27 is good, and everything is enabled, AND YOU HAVE SET THE HOPPER AND BILL LIMITS IN TEST #7 then you probably have a mismatch on the IDO of the machine,  switch ten on the bottom of the head will tell you what it is set at.

Jim

Thank You, now I have something to do and to check out, I'll see how this goes and let you know how it went later, thank You for the helpful information!
Jackpot

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 12:20:52 AM »

Jim

I got one BV in one machine to work but the other is really giving me problems." Balloon Bars" It uses a SP-831 and the PSR manual reads to use a Set-026 so I did and set and enabled the BV right. I went to test 26 and 27 and spin button lit, I pressed that and the bazel Did-Not light, I know the bulbs are good. Question: if the bazel board was bad, would the BV still work? or does that bazel board have to be lit? with only two wires going to it I would think that is just for lighting so the BV should work anyway correct? but it doesn't.
checked all switches on DBV-200 head and they are off which is right for IGT. So, maybe it could be the stacker optics? Another question then, if the stacker optics were bad would the bv bazel still light indicating BV enabled or would they stay dark? Also if the tractor was bad would the BV bazel still light indicating bv enabled or would this cause them to stay dark?
This is one of these that really force you to push on and hard to win the dam thing!
Thank You all.....
Jackpot

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 07:16:45 AM »
assuming you have two 200 heads,  one works in its machine, the other (Balloon) does not work in its machine????  did you try the non working unit in the working machine??

the bezel does not have to be lit for the bv to work.  INPUT test #27 will automatically put a signal to the bezel to light the lamps. you don't have to press the spin button.

you can verify your problem by switching the transport shelf assembly (which houses the cash can optics) to the other machine and see if it works. only takes five minutes to change out, three screws, 2 on the back wall and one or maybe two on the left side wall exterior ( usually don't have the back screw installed)

I am saying this from memory---  if the unit has not gone through a complete power on cycle and everything was good, the bezel will not lite, the purpose of the bezel lamps is to tell the customer that the bv unit is operational, if it is not lit, then it assumes the customer will not try to insert bills, it also will tell the floor personnel that there is something wrong with the bv unit .

Jim

Signature:

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »
You know this is so weird, I had one B/V working head and transport in one machine, I moved it to the other to see if it would work, and it did. OK, then I moved it back and now it didn't work, so I moved it back to the second machine and now it didn't work, so I put it back in the original machine and still it was dead. So I shut it all down and gave up for the night. Next day I turned the machine on and it was working, even accepting bills. So I left it on and went about things, later I walked by it and seen it was out, not working again. Driving me batty here and that is a very short drive! Anything like this ever happen to any of you PRO's out there? Have any ideas of why this thing is doing this?
Thanks for anything you might be able to tell me.......
Jackpot

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 11:52:32 AM »
If your machines are working as they should, the bill unit is a separate unit unto itself. it supplies its own power, the transport will send a signal to the bezel to lite it up and the  machine talks to the bill unit transport. 

four individual components make up the bill unit, power supply, two leds will be on when it is putting voltage to the head, the transport head and bill stacker portion, the shelf assembly and optics, and the cash can.   swap one at a time in to a know working machine  machine until you  find the problem.

JIm   

Signature:

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 11:57:06 AM »
Thanks again Jim
Jackpot

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
WOW it i done and I won, I have both DBV-200's working now, it seams not knowing the condition of the BV's and buying two good heads, one turned out bad for some reason, so this lead to a change of events and swamping this for that and that for this and it just got out of hand. OK, so there fixed now and everything is fine and happy.
One last thing, one bill accepter doesn't go to credits, it goes to a cash payout even if there is a couple game credits on the credit meter of the machine, all bills to the BV still goes to cash.
So I have a SP-831, can you tell me how to get the BV to go to credits always in a way I could figure out how to set this?
Thanks Much!
Jackpot  :drool04:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal