New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Poker game by Cal Omega, Monitor Hookup? HELP!!!  (Read 17486 times)

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Poker game by Cal Omega, Monitor Hookup? HELP!!!
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2017, 09:20:59 AM »
You probably will have to fabricate something maybe out of plexiglass perhaps? Here's a picture of what looks like your game with the original glass on it. As for the bezel you can probably find the proper size and just make a dark cover to go around it with wood or anything dark, or anything you can paint black.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »
Thank you, do you know if my cabinet is original
Also what is the cut out I posted about before for.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline dormi

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • dormi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2017, 02:35:48 PM »
The standard Cal Omega glass is 19 5/8 high X 19 7/8 wide is this the size you need?

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 07:05:12 AM »
I'm not sure I will measure it soon. Do you know where I can find a cheap 13 inch crt monitor, I want to try to keep it original.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 07:16:29 AM »
In this picture of my machine you can see a cutout on the coin door area, any idea what that is for?
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »
I brightened the cutout area so we can see it better. Is that a push rod just above the cutout area? Maybe this cutout opening is where a coin box was installed, you would turn a key to unlock it and then slide the coin box outward? What does the other side of the cabinet look like, is there a coin chute that sends the coins from the coin entry down to this cutout area? Just to the right of this cutout opening there is a smaller opening, maybe that is for the coin return of rejected coins. On the coin entry you can see a plunger that you press down, I think that is for coin return, and the returned coin would fall into that smaller opening just to the right of the larger opening. Inside the cabinet there was probably a mechanical coin acceptor (coin mech) that would accept or reject the coin that someone inserted. If the coin mech accepted it then the coin would be sent over to the coin box. As the coin passed thru the coin mech it would trigger a switch that put a play credit on the machine. just a guess...

(click image to enlarge)
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
Yes that smaller cutout is for coin return I know what coin mechs are I have some that I put in it. There is another door below the one with the cut out that has the coin bucket in it
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2017, 08:44:18 AM »
Also I just realized that the machine is supposed to have a mechanism to give out coins. Where would I get that as mine did not come with any.

Do you mean a coin return mechanism or a coin acceptor mechanism?

If you mean a coin acceptor then there are many different coin mechanisms for accepting a coin, the kind your machine needs probably looks similar to the photos below. There are low cost ones that are made of plastic, others are metal. They mount on the inside of the machine, just below the coin entry. These type of coin acceptors are purely mechanical, no electrical power is needed to operate them. But you will need a switch below the coin acceptor for the coin to activate a game play credit. There might be some coin mechs that come with the coin switch.

You can find new and used coin mechs for sale lots of places, like ebay, places that sell arcade or slot machine parts, etc. There might be someone here on NLG that has a quarter coin mech for sale.

Since you have been able to play this Cal/Omega video poker machine by using the monitor you have from your other machine how did you put credits on the game and get it to play?

(click image to enlarge)

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2017, 08:55:22 AM »
Yes that smaller cutout is for coin return I know what coin mechs are I have some that I put in it. There is another door below the one with the cut out that has the coin bucket in it

Is that bottom drawer with the coin bucket for overflow coins, to catch coins when the smaller coin box that slides into the opening (just below the lock) gets full of coins?

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2017, 09:37:11 AM »
Yes, I know what coin mechs are I have some and put one in. The machine already has a switch, but don't know about overflow
Thanks,
Justin

Offline dormi

• NLG
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
Looks like the right size hole that a bill acceptor might plug real nice.  Might have a screened front pexi if a standard size fits your game.

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2017, 04:43:30 AM »
I'll measure tonight, have to go to school today, then I will post again with my findings.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2017, 02:12:56 PM »
The standard Cal Omega glass is 19 5/8 high X 19 7/8 wide is this the size you need?
Yes I believe this is the size i need.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline dormi

• NLG
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2017, 07:30:39 PM »
Only monitor Plexiglas I have is for a Pixels it is in good shape 6 color silk screen.  Don't let the label "amusement only" fool you Cal Omega only made gambling games.  905/ 922 game boards had no provision for a hopper, they used a knock off switch and paid over the counter.  Dozens of games are available some skill games others games of chance most have adjustable odds.  Pixels  is a cool game played like poker with people that run onto the screen with a pitter patter sound, good graphics and sound.  To convert your 922 game board to Pixels you need to change 7  2532 EPROMs 1 16 pin color PROM all in sockets easy to change.  Cabinet and control panel wiring is the same you need to change the button labels.  Send me an email if your interested.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
yes this is the glass for the large non cabaret version that has buttons right below the glass

Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
What let me to believe that this had a coin out hopper was because there are two coin counters (the black box with the numbered dials) that have labels put on them reading "IN" and "OUT". When I read those I though Out huh, maybe that is what the hole in the top door is for a coin out slot? anyone have any information on this
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »
I think Dormi is the source for information on these CEI Games. If you machine has a shelf inside with a slide plate and a plug, more they likely it did have a payout hopper. Have you tried a google search or look on YouTube for anything? I myself have ever worked on the smaller slot machine versions, never an upright.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline dormi

• NLG
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »
Coin door hole in for a bill acceptor without a stacker.  905 and 922 (your board) boards have no circuitry for a hopper your game has a knock off switch for hand payment

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »
Where does the bill acceptor plus in to power and data
Thanks,
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal