New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Summit Slots  (Read 4214 times)

Offline SummitTrouble

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • SummitTrouble New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Summit Slots
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 01:24:45 AM »
I do not know anyone, except the man in California, who can program or copy these chip. It's such old technology. The chips I have now, should last many years. Do you know anyone who can copy these? The problem is they have a shelf life. I have several IGT machines where this will never be a problem. Even if Summit machines were still available, which they aren't, I'd never buy another one. If I had known then, what I know now, I'd never bought these games to begin with, but they where cheap then, and I have definitely gotten my money and use out of them. I guess I'm lucky the darn things are running like new again! You want to buy one? Have a 5 line nickel game too, both running perfect!!

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:19 AM »
check your NLG message inbox for a pm.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 03:08:51 AM »
HMS Electronics will make copies of this chip for a very reasonable fee. I'm going to get my nickel game backed-up. Contact HMS, make arrangements in advance so he will have your information.  I would recommend all Summit owners to consider have your game chip copied to hold in reserve. Once you chip dies, that's it! 

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »
It is very rare that the EPROM goes bad. It's usually a peripheral chip on that CPU, or the RAM chip that goes. I have several of these CPU boards and have repaired them in the past.

If you send me the board, I can test it and verify the PROM.

http://www.ramegoom.com/john/Summit_Systems/summit_cages_CPUs_IOs.jpg

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 03:39:11 PM »
That is the wrong battery. It is suppose to be a NiCad battery, but depending on the trickle charge voltage and current it may survive.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 04:53:05 PM »
My thoughts exactly. If that is a lithium primary battery, check very carefully that the old trickle charge circuit is disconnected, otherwise you have a bomb. I have had one of these explode spectacularly because it got trickle charged. It blasted the nearby chips clean off the board and there was nothing left of the battery except the case, completely flattened, and a gray sludge on everything.

Offline SummitTrouble

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »
I'm going to cut the battery out, it isn't needed anyway for home use.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
Good luck, it does power a small RAM chip that is necessary for game play.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
The battery I am using on the Summit CPU boards is a NiCad pack for a cordless phone, old-school by today's standards. They work perfectly and actually hold the charge for months. The current rating is insignificant as they trickle-charge during game on-time. You won't overcharge it, and it won't overheat.

I also use the 3.6V Li-Ion battery (RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERY, 3000mAh) for my E series Bally CPU boards, replacing the NiCad that was originally used. Have been using these "cordless drill" style batteries for several years with no issues whatsoever - they run cold during game use. As long as you don't overcharge the current-day technology, you're good to go. And they're much less likely to leak compared to the NiCads.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:22:03 PM by ramegoom »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 02:48:31 PM »
I think that is called a NiMH battery. Nickle metal hydrid.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »
Pretty sure they're NiCads. Got them off of Ebay, directly from China...all advertised as the banned stuff....:-) And they were cheap, too.

But you have me thinking. I should check them out again. You could be right!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal