New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WTB: Bally Alpha S9000 colored reels?  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
WTB: Bally Alpha S9000 colored reels?
« on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:35 PM »
Guys,

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here, but I've seen some games new and older that have reels that turn colors during bonus rounds, or when a special symbol hits, etc.  Are these special reels or are these LED kits that go somewhere else?  Could somebody provide specifics and what does it cost to set a machine up with this?

Here's a video of one of Ford's machines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V10HH-UhxBc

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline NevadaSweetheart

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • NevadaSweetheart New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: WTB: Bally Alpha S9000 colored reels?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »
These are backlit Reels, common in Bally Alphas slot machines.
Julia

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:06:55 PM »
These are backlit Reels, common in Bally Alphas slot machines.

Common?  Mine are backlit, but they don’t change colors.  Perhaps I don’t have any games that talk to the OS to change the colors. 

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »
That's a cinevision cabinet, those had multicolored reel leds that would do that.  I don't believe the upgrights can do that as they all use white leds for the reel lights.  But I've been wrong before.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »
So the Bullseye themes are Cinevision games? 

https://youtu.be/cWIEfoBr31U

In other words, if I bought a Bullseye themed game, would my current reels produce the colors like the reels in the video or is there another type of reel set out there which accomplish this?

Thanks,
Jason

Online lookes

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
On my Bullseye Bonus titles, the light bar above the reels turns red over the locked reel like in your video link. The reel back lights are still white. When I first got mine, the above reel lighting bar was from a 3 reel machine and did not work right. I had to get a 5 reel light bar.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 07:50:02 PM »
On my Bullseye Bonus titles, the light bar above the reels turns red over the locked reel like in your video link. The reel back lights are still white. When I first got mine, the above reel lighting bar was from a 3 reel machine and did not work right. I had to get a 5 reel light bar.

Ok, so the led bar on the top of the reel glass is changing colors then, not the reels.

Jason

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 09:26:58 PM »
Yes, it's the led bar on top.  Come to think of it, my bullseye bonus games do that.  So I guess it does change colors.  Getting old sucks!
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »
So that said, looks like the OS sends the color command based on what the game is.  Maybe Ford’s game is unique because it’s a 3 reel game and the 5 reel version isn’t colored.

Looks like we can close this thread and I’ll bump my WTB for a Bullseye kit.

Thanks,
Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal